Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I :heart: pie. :drinker:
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    so far no one has tried it who didnt like it? and not many long-term practitioners on here? im asking here because if i go to a specific "paleo" website, of course its going to be full of people who love it. but here there is more of a general community in the message boards so i wanted to see how many people a, could or couldnt keep it up long term or 2, did it and just didnt like it.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have been paleo/primal for over a year now, but I eat limited dairy, occasionally I will eat grains (gluten free and limited to <3 ingredients usually) but very limited. I am not sure how it would not work for someone.... it is really the healthiest way of life. It can be difficult in our society to be strictly primal without dairy and grains ever, but can certainly be done. I think it really depends on each person whether it is a sustainable way of life as many are not willing to make that commitment, especially in social arrangements. It is not the end of the world though to have something here and there tho lol. I definitely suggest it to anyone who is willing to do it. By going primal, I learned that I had a gluten intolerance which had been holding me back for so long and I had no idea! So I am very happy I did it. And have stuck with it since, but like I said I do have dairy sometimes and I will have gluten free grains once in a while. The more primal I am though the better I feel and the leaner I am... I would think this would really go for pretty much anyone. If you haven't yet, look at marksdailyapple.com and sign up for his emails - youll get a few free ebooks thatll provide a lot of valuable info IMO. I think its all about lifestyle as well as diet though, and it all makes perfect sense to me after I read the ebook introduction to the primal blueprint....I can't imagine going back to the way I used to live, overworking myself and never seeing results. Also body by science is a great resource --- see the videos they have on youtube. I learned quite a bit through those alone. Really can help you realize how important recovery is and other lifestyle choices as well as diet.

I do want to note though that if you follow through with primal and try to go back to eating gluten containing grains, I am not sure how well you will do.... We are all supposedly gluten intolerant to different levels, but when your body isnt used to having it in the system, it is likely to react worse and worse :/ I am glad I found out but it definitely does suck having to be so difficult with eating out and always worrying about contamination, especially as far as vacationing goes. And is not fun when you get sick all the time if you get contaminated (went on a cruise and was feeling like crap almost the whole time bc of the contamination even though the things were supposed to be GF). So it is not something to take lightly...
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I would respond but looks like everyone beat me to it so this post is strictly for cluttering purposes, getting my post count up and cause I really don't have anything else more important to do at this very second.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    No. Never heard of this, but after researching it, I find myself interested.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly

lol, "I CONTROL THE INTERNET!!!" :huh:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    so far no one has tried it who didnt like it? and not many long-term practitioners on here? im asking here because if i go to a specific "paleo" website, of course its going to be full of people who love it. but here there is more of a general community in the message boards so i wanted to see how many people a, could or couldnt keep it up long term or 2, did it and just didnt like it.

There were more people that said they didi't like vs they liked it. What thread were you reading?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

it sounds like you are starting a discussion, and by the standard you set forth in your OP....REPORTED!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly

lol, "I CONTROL THE INTERNET!!!" :huh:

Damn, I am glad that I finally found you. since you CONTROL THE INTERNET, can you please make it so I can see the boobie pictures at work? Please, and thank you!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 70 lbs in about 10 months by exercising and eating a strict Paleo diet in addition to grains, legumes, and dairy.
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

it sounds like you are starting a discussion, and by the standard you set forth in your OP....REPORTED!

Great catch! I second this reportion, and approve the above message!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    SQUIRREL

wait im off topic.....but im not arguing :flowerforyou:

That was NOT a squirrel...it was a woodchuck!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Report me, go on.. I dare ya!
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

There were more people that said they didi't like vs they liked it. What thread were you reading?

Now you are just being snarky.... reported!!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

One of your first responders did it and didn't like it, but has friends that were on the diet and do like it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I did try to cut out all carbs/sugars for about three days when I first found out I had gestational diabetes. (I was advised by my doctor to do this until I got my glucose monitor.) I found that after just a few hours I got extremely lightheaded, insanely grumpy, and very shaky. So, anything that limits carbs is not something I'll try because I already know my body doesn't tolerate it well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

wait im off topic.....but im not arguing :flowerforyou:

That was NOT a squirrel...it was a woodchuck!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Report me, go on.. I dare ya!

A woodchuck could chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood..
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Are Reese's Puffs paleo? If yes, then go paleo, if not, funk paleo.
  • weathergirl320
    Options

i was attempting to elaborate on the original questions i asked that have gotten pushed aside by random commentary and pictures of hitler. oh well. my mistake for expecting reasonable answers to completely legitimate questions.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options

Getting scared now.

"Run Away......Run Away!"

Sir Robin ran away...bravely ran away, away.

I love you for you quote Monty Python.
This discussion has been closed.