EA Sports Active 2 - Motivation Thread - Everyone welcome

Options
1235»

Replies

• tomatoe2010
    Options
    Hi Jane
    I have the Wii Ea sports Active 2 would you liked to join my workout group get_active password 4sammy4
    please reply back
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all,

I have been using the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii for 32 weeks so far (Since about July of 2011). I have been working with the 3wk and 9wk programs. I started at 240 pounds and now I am at 205. I also walk about 5 miles or about 10000 steps a day (several 15 to 20 minute increments per day when time allows).

I have been using the forums and groups for motivation at www.easportsactiveonline.com but recently the people at EA Sports have stated that on April 13th the online service for the EA Sports Active 2 will go the way of the Dodo bird (See link http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates ). It will be no more. So for continued motivation for staying healthy and fit I found this website which looks great.

If you want please include me in your friends list. My email is jaccyber2000@yahoo.com

I just want to say great job to all for trying to get and stay fit and healthy.

JAC
    Peace to all and have a super week.
  • Naturalgal4u
    Options
    Have you tried the UFC Personal Trainer for the X-Box Kinect? It is an awesome workout for those of you who lover gaming exercises!!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the UFC but have not got it yet. I picked up the NFL Training Camp and am looking forward to trying that one. Then perhaps I will get into UFC. Something to look forward to.
  • claireodactyl
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I've just started using EA Sports Active 2 on PS3, I've been using MFP for over a year now but having been pretty ill for several months I decided I needed to kick start this year with getting fit aswell and have been really finding EASA2 helpful. I've got it set to easy at the moment, but you've got to start somewhere, right?!

:)
  • puppycloud
    Options
    I just finished one of the first workouts in the 9 week program. It's quite fun, although sometimes annoying when the sensors doesn't register (Goal Keeper and the first running sessions are the worst!). I like the variety of exercices and that it isn't TOO tough to manage a session.

I pity my neighbours though! Both my SO and I have been jumping and running in place quite a lot recently, right above our downstairs neighbour's living room.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I <3 that game!
  • Heather_Jen
    Options
    Glad to have found other EA Sports Active 2 Users... there was a new "group" added recently for us all too... so join us there to keep each other motivated!
    Im needing all the support I can get!
    I am on day 4 of the 9 week Cardio Kickstart. Its going GREAT!

Smiles,
    Heather_Jen
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been getting frustrated with the online website. It seems like a lot of the features don't work. I have had such a hard time with that site.

I just finished the 3 week cardio kickstart. I did it on easy, just because I didn't know what the levels were like, and I figured I could always add more activity if I felt it was too easy. I didn't! I found myself dripping sweat at the end of each session. I was challenged, but by the end, I definitely feel stronger and I can do a real push-up! Sounds silly but that's a big deal to me.

My in-laws are coming this weekend, so until they come and go I am going to do individual trainer-created workouts, and cardio outside. I am not working out in the house with them there LOL! After they leave though, I am starting the 9 week program, probably on easy, because I feel like I could improve on some areas. I have other activities that I do, such as the 8-minute abs series (3 levels, check it out on YouTube), and walking/jogging outside.
  • puzuk
    puzuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I did the PS3 EA Active 2 Cardio kickstart last year and lost a little weight with it and have just completed the 9 week program now on medium and lost 20 pounds so far using this as my only cardio exercise regime. I'm now doing trainer auto generated exercises on Hard for 30-40 mins. It works for me and made me fitter and slightly leaner so can't complain :)

Anyone got ideas on the next steps to add more interest / options ?
  • ao2ice
    ao2ice Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using the EA Sports Active 2 for a while now on PS3. I don't care for the built in programs and have tried to create my own custom workouts. Does anyone have any workouts that they have made that are area specific (ie..chest/biceps/tricep/back) and so? Looking to make sure I mix it up a little so that I don't hit a plateu'.

Thank you all,