i want something that blocks my appetite

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    food. food always works well, by finding your proper balance of macros. I'm high protein equal carbs and fats. If you're crazy hungry eat more veg (not starch like corn, peas, or potatoes, but veg like lettuces, asparagus, broccli, carrots, cauliflower, etc), it's easy to fill up and keep the calories low. also, lean protein sources (chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, pork loin) = lots of protein and lots of food for little calories (around 120/4oz)
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    roseanne barr
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You really don't need a pill to do this. Just eat more protein in your diet. I have cut almost all carbs out of my diet and have been eating a lot of protein and I am rarely hungry even at very very few calories a day.

I've done this too
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Google image search for "cuterebra."

You're welcome.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Try drinking a few glasses of water and also green tea!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've heard eating cotton balls or tissues will do the trick.
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    If you're looking for a drug, I don't know of any. But you can research Leptin. It's a hormone that you body generates and uses as an appetite suppressant.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Duct tape over your mouth.

You beat me to this answer!!!!!! :grumble:
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Food works great for getting rid of my appetite, for 2-3 hours at least.

:laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    In addition to those suggestions about foods with fiber and protein, I go with tea. :)

Mate tea.

Oolong tea.
    Definitely, though I hear cinnamon works too, pill or powder form
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    rent a trio of high school girls to say "ewe' and "that's so gross" every time you start going over on calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, Fiber, FATs, AND complex carbohydrates keep you full longer.

Look for foods that give you the most "bang for your calorie buck" and you will not be hungry.

Many people who are overweight (myself included) do not eat because they are physically "hungry" and the same people eat calorie rich foods that are nutritionally void.

I love my white sugar ...... but it's a total WASTE of calories unfortunately.

Appetite suppressants are a "temporary fix."
  • spikedadawg
    Options
    Celery with some protien such as Natural peanut butter (salt and sugar free)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    food works for me :huh:
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    I wouldn't recommened any pills or OTC products. You want to supress food cravings you will need to gain some WILLPOWER.

It's tough to say no to cravings so here are some tips to help alleviate/grow your will power. If you are craving something the best thing to do is get distracted. This is simple, clean the house, call a friend and gossip, go for a walk, run a errand etc. Do anything that will distract you/prevent you from thinking about a craving.

If you still need more motivation, drink water, filling your stomach with liquid will temporarily trick the body to thinking your are full. Chew gum, the act biting on something will end cravings. If you are looking for something sweet, eat a fruit, they are 90% water, full of nutrients and have natural sugars.

Just work on growing will power and soon enough you will have no problem coping.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Google image search for "cuterebra."

You're welcome.

scared I may lose my job....or my lunch...if I follow this advice LOL
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You could do like in that commercial and have high school girls follow you around...
  • frankhuerta
    frankhuerta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You burn calories when you eat; i.e., it takes energy to digest your food. Even more so for breakfast! That's why it's important to eat every 3-4 hours. Ideally, breakfast/lunch/dinner with 3 snacks in between.

Also, watch you ratios (protein:carbs:fats). Everyone is different but my current ratios are 50:30:20. I eat 100% clean and aim for a low-fat/low-glycemic diet. I suggest following someone's diary to see how they're are eating. Minimize processed foods. Unprocessed foods are always better for you and you burn more calories eating "real" food than not.

Lastly, WATER, WATER, WATER!!! I drink 1 - 2 gallons of water per day. I include herbal teas with that total but it's mainly H20. I don't drink anything "diet". No diet soda, no diet energy drinks, etc.

Fat loss is simple but it's not easy. Once you get the hang of it, it's fun! :-)

Good luck!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    my doctor prescribed me phentermine after i had my baby and it worked really well for me. i lost all my baby weight and got down to a size 0. however, you must change your eating habits and work out or the weight will come back.