Replies

• MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread!!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Im almost ready to show my progresss!!
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    BUUUUMMPPP :flowerforyou:
  • Ingadinga
    Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to add my pictures, so bump until I get those taken. :happy:
  • kwcast11
    kwcast11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • azaborow1
    azaborow1 Posts: 20
    Options
    10 pounds in 4 weeks is excellent, especially if you only have a bit to lose - I almost think it might be a it too much and owuld worry about muscle loss?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    @posh
    I just started this and I was wondering if maybe I was eating to few calories a day? I am in almost a week and eating 1300 calories a day in which is not hard at all for some reason I actually feel like im eating constantly. I eat several small meals a day which keeps me full at the end of the day, I also fit in something sweet everyday just not in huge portions like I did before. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fruits and vegetables. I also fit in cookies and stuff to feel like im not on a complete life change. Do you think I should consume more calories? Do you think it will help in the future weight loss?

As they have all shown - yes and yes.

Do not NET below your BMR, and eat back most of your exercise calories - that is the theme in their comments for those that commented on what they did besides eating at higher level.

Feeling full, and feeding the body what it needs, is possibly 2 totally separate things.

Tools - BMR calc.

Is your daily net goal below that figure?
    Then change your weight loss goal in Settings - Diet/Fitness profile to 1lb week.
    Check again, should be good.

Now feed your workouts so body gets stronger, and you don't net under your BMR.

Remember, there is still a big gap between BMR and your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) that is creating your weight loss, and you don't want exercise using up calories your BMR needs for basic functions of life.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! I have been in the mode of researching what to do and this website giving me calorie counting, exercise, posting weight and inputing food capabilities have me really trying SO much harder! It is really slow--lost 5 pounds 8 months, but it is coming off and each month I figure out something else that is working. The cutting out snacks by A LOT has me down 2 pounds very quickly, so that is my struggle. Nothing is fast, but if I follow what you wrote as a philosophy, I think I can get there!!!
  • azaborow1
    Options
    I dont starve myself, Im not overweight that much I just want to loose a stone in total which for me is very difficult as I dont have as much to loose as other people I have to work my *kitten* off (running 1 hour x4/5 times a week) to shift half a pound to a pound!!! I eat around 1400 calories a day which is enough food for my body. I also run a boot camp for friends on a monday night some have not much to loose some have a lot to loose and its about commitment it does not matter how s^%t your feeling just commit!
  • azaborow1
    Options
    I love to hear that folks who only have a few ounds to lose tend to lose less than a pund a wek....I was discouraged at first by that, but I have max 15 pounds to lose so I still look healthy, so I love that other folks have shared about it!!!!
  • goldengirl84
    Options
    bump
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    @posh
    I just started this and I was wondering if maybe I was eating to few calories a day? I am in almost a week and eating 1300 calories a day in which is not hard at all for some reason I actually feel like im eating constantly. I eat several small meals a day which keeps me full at the end of the day, I also fit in something sweet everyday just not in huge portions like I did before. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fruits and vegetables. I also fit in cookies and stuff to feel like im not on a complete life change. Do you think I should consume more calories? Do you think it will help in the future weight loss?

Do not NET below your BMR, and eat back most of your exercise calories - that is the theme in their comments for those that commented on what they did besides eating at higher level.

Feeling full, and feeding the body what it needs, is possibly 2 totally separate things.

Tools - BMR calc.

Then change your weight loss goal in Settings - Diet/Fitness profile to 1lb week.

Remember, there is still a big gap between BMR and your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) that is creating your weight loss, and you don't want exercise using up calories your BMR needs for basic functions of life.

I'm confused . sorry.

My BMR is 1353 but MFP says I should eat 1200 cals to lose a pound a week.

Are you saying I should eat my BMR cals or not?
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    WWow.. Amazing. Go GIRL!!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST PICS ON HERE BUT CHECK OUT MY PROFILE PICS... I'VE GOT BEFORE PICS, WHERE I WAS 430, THEN SOME AT 210 WITH ALL MY EXTRA SKIN AND SOME AFTER PICS FROM MY UPPER BODY LIFT I HAD 2 WEEKS AGO THAT REMOVED MY EXTRA SKIN. I WORKED OUT AND NEVER ATE UNDER 1700 CALS A DAY. SWITCHED TO WHOLE GRAIN AND LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES :) IT TOOK ALMOST 3 YEARS BECAUSE I HAD 2 BACK INJURIES SLOW ME DOWN BUT IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Truely amazing.
  • azaborow1
    Options
    2007.jpg Me in December 2007 2012.jpg Me December 2011

2007b.jpg Me in 2007 2012a.jpg Me January 2012 :)

I've been losing weight slowly but I think it'll work out better for me this way. :) Keep at it!
    [/quote]

Everyone looks so amazing - your slow and steady has especially worked for you - gorgeous!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    @posh

Tools - BMR calc.

I'm confused . sorry.

My BMR is 1353 but MFP says I should eat 1200 cals to lose a pound a week.

Are you saying I should eat my BMR cals or not?
    You should probably eat a bit above your BMR since it is what you need if you are in a coma. He is suggesting seeing what it says for 1 pound loss and if that isn't covering your BMR then try setting it at 1/2 pound loss. Just don't eat under your BMR especially if you are at all active.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, this definitely helps question how much you are eating. I think I've been eating too few calories.
  • Regz55
    Regz55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

AMAZING work everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!