One Exercise You Dread

Options
You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

I without a shadow of a doubt hate and dread burpees.

How bout ya'll?

Replies

• jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Burpees. Definitely burpees.

It used to be mountain climbers but I'm getting better at those.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I hate pushups and I hate planks. Yet I love the way they make me feel and the way they've changed my body.
    One of these days, I will add burpees to my hate list.
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Burpees would be high on my list of de-motivators.
  • fatshady360
    Options
    i hate squats.....it really takes it out of me....im completely drained but i know they have to be done....as they are one of the best
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    You know, the one that when you hear it, you lose all the air and motivation no matter how many sets and reps.

How bout ya'll?

It's funny but I'll answer this the same way I answer what's your favorite exercise and that's the Deadlift. I don't "dread" the Deadlift per say nor does it de-motivate me but I do have a lot of respect for the lift and how it can completely **** you up if you're careless. I always approach my training seriously but for DL'ing I definitely stay more focused and get my head in the game. I'm a little cautious when I first start but after my 3rd warm-up set I'm usually in the right place for it.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    PUSH UPS!!! I hate when my trainer makes me do them because I suck at them. The most I got up to is 3 and I don't have weakling arms, I got some guns going but for some reason I just can't do push ups. Most. Hated. Exercise. Ever.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    For me it's lunges. I hate them with a passion but I do them and do all their stupid variations lol
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Rear lateral flyes.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Burpees. Definitely burpees.

and mountain climbers

^^^^^^ This all the day
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    As I was reading your question I thought - BURPEES - I hate those things! LOL Someday I plan on doing them with ease ;)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Abs. I HATE doign anything that requires abs.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    PUSH UPS!!! I hate when my trainer makes me do them because I suck at them. The most I got up to is 3 and I don't have weakling arms, I got some guns going but for some reason I just can't do push ups. Most. Hated. Exercise. Ever.

Me too. Cannot do a single push up.

Also jumping jacks- I get a migraine every single time!
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I only lose motivation because of the amount of reps/sets. And it's not so much motivation I lose, I just start hurting prematurely, whining inwardly "But it's so hard to those in the right form every time...."
    2 sets of 25 later, my delts are mad at me, and I'm weeping inwardly at the thought of doing it all again tomorrow.
    Oh, right. The exercise is pushups. I blame the extra weight I have to pushup against.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options

How bout ya'll?

It's funny but I'll answer this the same way I answer what's your favorite exercise and that's the Deadlift. I don't "dread" the Deadlift per say nor does it de-motivate me but I do have a lot of respect for the lift and how it can completely **** you up if you're careless. I always approach my training seriously but for DL'ing I definitely stay more focused and get my head in the game. I'm a little cautious when I first start but after my 3rd warm-up set I'm usually in the right place for it.
    I love deadlifts, but you're right, you have to respect it. Just picking it up wrong could ruin your world for a few weeks.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Definitely burpees. Man makers would be second on my list (a close second).
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    For me it's lunges. I hate them with a passion but I do them and do all their stupid variations lol

Lol, me too.

I HATE lunges.
    No matter how you try to dress em' up, they're still lunges, and I hate them.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    The treadmill, or any cardio for that matter.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever done a 'burpee', so in the absence of those, I'd say 'chest press' and 'shoulder press', in equal measure... I hate them because I'm bad at them. I plod through them, muscles screaming and sinews telling me to run....

I love, love, love leg presses, rowing, cycling, swimming, so I'm not totally a lazy gal.
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Burpees and Kosamies. I think Kosamies is just something my gym created, since it's Kosama. haha. It's like a burpee but when you get down into plank position you jump your legs out, then jump them back in and do a push up, then jump them back out AGAIN then come back up. INSANE.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I dread the ones I don't do.......
    You know, the ones I didn't do because of some lame excuse.
    Those are the ones I dread.