30 day shred march

Options

Replies

• dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Finished D2L2 yesterday and today I feel like Jillian kicked me in the knee. I have zumba tonight, so hopefully that will work it out. I'm enoying level 2 more than level 1 for some odd reason. I am doing the modified steps at the moment, but will work on the advance steps in a couple of days.
  • lorim77
    lorim77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, I was right. I just got back from the Dr and I'm benched for 2 weeks. Not even the treadmill :-(
    On the way home I stopped and bought 5 lb hand weights. I think I'm going to combine all the arm/ab exercises (skipping those that involve too much knee- like bicycle crunches) from L1 and L2. It won't be nearly the same but hopefully I'll be healed after the rest period. Then I'm going to go back to the beginning. L1 all over again. Only next time around, I'm going to add in a whole lot more stretching both before and after playing the DVD.
    Happy shredding everyone! Please post your results (pics or inches lost).. I can't wait to see what you all can accomplish!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, I was right. I just got back from the Dr and I'm benched for 2 weeks. Not even the treadmill :-(
    On the way home I stopped and bought 5 lb hand weights. I think I'm going to combine all the arm/ab exercises (skipping those that involve too much knee- like bicycle crunches) from L1 and L2. It won't be nearly the same but hopefully I'll be healed after the rest period. Then I'm going to go back to the beginning. L1 all over again. Only next time around, I'm going to add in a whole lot more stretching both before and after playing the DVD.
    Happy shredding everyone! Please post your results (pics or inches lost).. I can't wait to see what you all can accomplish!

aw no poor you .I hope it heals and improves soon ,weights are a good idee ,just go steady .Good luck x
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

By the time you can get back into things you'll have a nice strong upper body! :D
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    I started it on yesterday......

I started it last monday and it is a good workout. HARD!!!!
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 19

D2L3 It was alot easier today. Made it though most of it with out stopping. Tomorrow (day20) I will do pictures and measurments again. I have a feeling I have stayed about the same in these last 10 days though. I am stronger but havent notice a difference like I did for day 1-10. Hopefully day 20-30 will give me better results.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow! Started today and it definitely kicked my butt! I can't wait till halfway through to see how my endurance has changed.
  • trinie83
    trinie83 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just started last night- I had to do the modified versions of everything, and I can't do a REAL push up to save my life, but I was sweating, breathing heavy, and was very proud of myself when I finished.

I think I will do 10 days on each level, with a day off in between.

Thanks!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Just started last night- I had to do the modified versions of everything, and I can't do a REAL push up to save my life, but I was sweating, breathing heavy, and was very proud of myself when I finished.

I think I will do 10 days on each level, with a day off in between.

Thanks!

well done push ups kill me as well my arms were so weak ,but it does get easier as you go along :)
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Level 2 is kicking my REAR...

I was always worn out after Level 1's workouts but last night was the first night I was actually POURING sweat. It was WILD and I thought I was going to die! HAH.

I will say after the first workout the rest get progressively easier (in that your muscles won't hurt as much after that initial OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, reaction the body gets). I'm not looking forward to Level 3 at all! If I'm being honest but so far so good with level 2!
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Just because I'm curious... has anyone else put ON weight during this program?

I'm following my calorie deficit quite closely (except for one day when I ate maintenance calories) and I've been doing the 30DS pretty much every day but I've actually GAINED weight... I'm a little confused about this one.

Anybody else put on some weight while doing this program? Someone said it's water weight caused by the new muscle tears but I'm not 100% convinced yet...
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 20!!!

D3L3 Today was good. Love level 3 it works out new muscles and its hard. I feel like level 2 was terrible. I dont even think I lost any inches during level 2. I am going my day 20 measurments tomorrow morning when I wake up so we will see but feel the same as day 10 only stronger. I know I will get alot of results from day 20-30 cause I feel level 3 working sooo great!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 2 today. Getting easier. Thinking of moving on to level 3 this weekend. Able to do military presses without stopping. Still only do modified push up. I hate them. LOL Boy, twenty minutes goes by fast. Thank God.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    D3L2 finished. I can definitely feel some strained leg muscles.
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 3 done! I SO much prefer level 3 to level 2. It's hard, don't get me wrong, but level 2 was not my thing. I did feel a great sense of accomplishment for doing it though. After 20 days I am down 3.1 lbs and 1-2 inches in each of my chest, waist and stomach. The rest pretty much stayed them same (the measurements were a little iffy because my hubby couldn't remember exactly were he measured before lol) Anyway...can't wait to see wait 9 more days brings. Great job to everyone...keep at it :o)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 2 today (err...technically yesterday). I'd REALLY love a "buddy". Just to talk about it briefly. Day 2 was significantly easier than Day 1.

What weights do y'all use? I just use the bar from my barbells, and they are 2lbs. Should I up them? My arms are so sore JUST from that! I hope to be able to lift heavier soon.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level 3, switched early because I hate level 2 so much! I can't say I'm fond of level 3 but it's much better, even though it's definately harder. So hard to explain, I hope people on this thread will understand at least! Still following Anita on this level so far though.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30 day shred..I like level 2..tomorrow will be 1 week since I started level 2...I don't think I am ready for level 3...=)
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LVL1D9 ~

I'm excited to start lvl 2. Lvl 1 is much easier but I still HATE the static lunges with bicep curls. And it's not because they're very hard, but because I can't keep my balance. I constantly find myself readjusting.

Haven't lost any weight, but there's already a huge difference in the muscle tone of my arms and shoulders.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 2 today (err...technically yesterday). I'd REALLY love a "buddy". Just to talk about it briefly. Day 2 was significantly easier than Day 1.

What weights do y'all use? I just use the bar from my barbells, and they are 2lbs. Should I up them? My arms are so sore JUST from that! I hope to be able to lift heavier soon.

I finished day two yesterday. I use 3 lbs weights. After this 30 days, I will use the 5lb weights on the next round.