Female Weight Training - Roll call!

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm working on more fat loss but still incorperating strength training but once i get lower on the scale I'm gonna be doing some hardcore strength training I wanna look strong, lean, and toned :D

Add me if you want, i could use the push, and i'll return the favour :)

Start training now, it helps! I swear! My body is firming as I go, and while my loss is slow, it's steady and I get a lot of comments on how much smaller I'm getting.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I lift! 4 times a week.
    It's always great to see other women who lift weights! Feel free to add me :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I train to compete in bikini, did my first this past November and my next is in September -awesome on the figure competing!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up stage 1 of NROL4W, and lift 3 days a week. I'm doing Couch to 5K the other 3 days. Can always use more lifting buddies!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work more and more weights into my routine, and it's paying off - can finally see my abs again! xD (actually put pics up to prove it, lol).

Feel free to add me XD
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love weight training too!!
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of weight training sporadically and really want to commit to it and see some results :) Would love some training buddies!!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I used to lift primarily...even though it goes against all the old "rules" about "how to lose weight" I was brought up with. It made me feel powerful and sexy no matter what the scale said. I got away from it for a while and just starting incorporating ST here and there in my cardio (love circuit training!) while I tried to train for a race...and found myself on this huge plateau with a bunch of injuries from running and Zumba and the like. Just decided I'm going back to lifting, especially while my foot heals up (PF), and I'm restarting JE's LiveFit program next Monday (4 weeks of blissful no-cardio-lifting-only based workouts!!). I'm ready to feel strong and sexy again, so COUNT ME IN! (And I'm going to laugh in the face of all the people in my life who told me cardio is the key if this breaks my never-ending plateau!)
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Currently I'm doing 3 days a week cycling and 3 strength training. My boyfriend bought a power rack for the basement, so I finally started lifting heavy a month ago doing a full body routine 3 days a week. Now, I'm in my second week of Starting Strength. I never thought I'd like lifting so much -I was afraid that I would get too bulky (yes, I was that girl...). I know better now. :smile:
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 days a week... would love some new friends,..
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    HI!
    I'll be 41 in a few weeks, I lift 4x a week at home. Using Olympic weight/bench & tower of power.
    I :heart: lifting friends.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I spend my free time picking up heavy stuff, then putting it down.. and repeating! :)

Feel free to add me!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yo! feel free to add me (: <3
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifter here! :-) :happy:
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love lifting heavy things!

I am currently doing NROL for Abs. It's an interesting workout program because it involves strength with a core focus, so sometimes I wonder if I look really odd with my lifts. haha. But it's a great program and definitely hard. My core has never felt so strong. I do that 3 days a week and then some kickboxing, aerial acrobatics (new to that), rock climbing, boot camp, etc for cardio. I like to keep up some cardio to allow me to do obstacle runs as those are so much fun. :)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a personal trainer 3-4 days per week since November. I try to get a good 10-miler in once or twice a week & just got back on my bike to get ready for a Century ride in May.
  • coolauntiekelly
    Options
    Been consistently weight training for 2 months now. Still getting in the swing of things. Could use advice and training ideas from the more experienced. :smile:
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    ME!

I've been lifting for years. The last few years I've been working out smarter,not long drawn out sessions... and the results have been unbelievable!