MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Annaliza- Thats awesome, I love those kind of runs! ..and thanks for the compliment your so sweet :happy:

Gustergirl- Glad to hear you like your new shoes hope you feel better!

Kechie- I would die in that kind of humidity so kudos to you! ... I ran in arizona for like a week and it felt good but I knew I would never be able to live there lol

Saretta- Just keep pluggin away, it'll get easier!

I was a bit tired from my run today so it was a rest day as far as running but I rode 22 miles in the hills on my bike with my dad and uncle (hardcore cyclists)... so it was fun to go with them cause I learned so much!

~Leash :heart:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    SPin class this morning - strength ride. Felt really good, but I think I may be sore tomorrow - first time on the bike in months.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to you all!!!

Good to see you back among the running, Raymond, we've missed you! Hope your daughter recovers quickly! It's no fun having a hurt kid.

Becky -- congrats on the double digits -- what an accomplishment! Hats off to you!

annaliza -- great on your hour+ run -- great job!

kechie -- I'm on the Va. Coast and can commiserate about the humidity. It's tough!!!!

Saretta -- keep on and they will get easier and the tired-ness you feel will get less and less.

WW -- how on earth did you run on 2 hours of sleep! You're my hero!!!!

Oh and Emylew -- don't talk about age :( You're young!!!!

Ok -- well I did my 14+ miles on Saturday. It was tough -- very hot and humid. Didn't get to go until 5;30pm. The last miles were tough -- so we took a couple very short walk breask -- long enough to eat a jelly bean. Felt great to do it. The route we "tried" to follow was 15.11 miles -- but of course I am challenged when it comes to directions so it looks like we went farther -- but with the time it took it should've been shorter....so I'm guessing 14+ miles. That's why I need my garmin to hurry up and get here!!!

Took yesterday off -- did 5.5 easy miles this morning.

Hope you all have a happy monday!!!
    Julie
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Brisk walking for me today.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jabdye
    Options
    Hey Kechie -- or anyone who's run a 1/2 marathon...

I'm in training week 9 of 13 (woohoo a rest week) -- but was looking ahead to the long run one week before the race and it;s a 13 mile run! Are they crazy -- or will I be seeing some tremendous improvement in the next few weeks. After my long run it takes a couple days to be back on track 100%. Just curious!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Planning on a quick 5k run this evening - going to do some tempo work, I think. Nothing much else to report (rather than my usual mile long prattle post :bigsmile: )

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Ok -- well I did my 14+ miles on Saturday. It was tough -- very hot and humid. Didn't get to go until 5;30pm. The last miles were tough -- so we took a couple very short walk breask -- long enough to eat a jelly bean. Felt great to do it. The route we "tried" to follow was 15.11 miles -- but of course I am challenged when it comes to directions so it looks like we went farther -- but with the time it took it should've been shorter....so I'm guessing 14+ miles. That's why I need my garmin to hurry up and get here!!!

Took yesterday off -- did 5.5 easy miles this morning.

Hope you all have a happy monday!!!
    Julie

Great job!!!

A jellybean? A single jelly bean??? :laugh: :bigsmile:

A great run, too!!!

Not sure I understand your last post....why are you worried about a 13 mi run when you just did a 14 mile-r on Sat? Lol, not that I can answer your question :smile:
  • jabdye
    Options
    Cause it's only 7 days before the race -- and it always takes a bit for me to get back to 100% --and I'm just scared that I won't be well enough rested.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

a quick 2 this morning for me.

first morning run in a long time, I don't think my legs understood what I was asking of them :laugh:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    No run today. I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit from the INSANITY series.
    I'm going to cycle tonight as well. Some nice non-impact cardio. :smile:
    Have a good day everyone!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Did 3 miles today at race pace--took a minute of my 5K time I did in June. Mentally I want to be going so much faster but not really doing any work to get faster:ohwell:

Julie-If you know that it will hurt you to run the 13 miles-dont do it. You already know that you can run the distance. Let yourself be rested and then kick *kitten* at the race! For Team in Training they have it as 12 miles 2 weeks before the race and then 8 miles the weekend before the race. Could you do that? Thats more feasible! Good luck!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! I have to say, I'm learning so much by reading all of your posts! I'm so excited to keep getting better!

This weekend I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill (which I find much easier, but boring) on Sat
    and 4 miles outside on a hilly route on Sunday in heat and humidity. ugh. But it feels so good after!

Going to try for 5 miles tonight depending on whether my body is cooperating!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hello runners and Happy Monday! It sounds like everyone is doing great!!!
    Becky, Jabdye, Annaliza, Kechie, Leash, Gustergirl- Howdy!!!!
    And welcome to all the new members as well, I love this thread!!!

Well, I felt really good after running the 14 miles on Saturday. Yesterday morning a friend asked me to do a recovery run with her so I did 6 miles (shouldn't have done that many I know!) and now my ankle/heel is hurting something fierce. A pain almost shoots through my calf muscle at times, other times just feels a little numb? PLEASE don't let this be anything major. I am terrified of hurting myself, I'm trying to train reasonably and I iced it last night. Does anyone have any suggestions? It does not appear swollen, just really uncomfortable even when walking.

I just cross trained on the elliptical this morning and even that was somewhat painful. :grumble:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Willywonka, I am no certified medical professional, and certainly don't want to be negative. Just throwing in my two cents (and you can throw them back at me if you want to :laugh: ). My boyfriend ran with me two weeks ago (he doesn't run nearly as often as I do, so he was over-doing it trying to keep up :blushing: ) and he had pain in his ankle. He was having trouble walking and said it was killing him. Went to the doctor on Friday and it turns out he has a stress fracture :ohwell: so I'm running alone for at least the next month :cry: . I hope this isn't what you have, but the symptoms sound similar. The doctor told him there wasn't much he could do (maybe an air-cast at best) and just to rest it and not walk a ton, and certainly not to run.

I hope you're feeling better, and I hope it's not a stress fracture at all. :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    kelynn, this is what I am REALLY afraid of. I don't know whether to go ahead and get it checked out or rest and ice and see if it improves. when I walk, the pain almost feels like it is in the arch of my foot too. i am feeling really, really depressed today because of it. i have been so excited about the marathon training and the long runs and it has been going so well, I pray this isn't anything major.
  • jabdye
    Options
    WW -- could it be plantar fasciitis? Sounds like all the symptoms. I saw info about it and the treatment on runner's world. Mostly involves icing, stretching the achilles tendon & ibuprofen....oh and even shoe inserts that support your heel will help. Seems very common. check it out.
  • aolson78
    Options
    Greetings Fellow Runners! This is my first post to this topic; I am traning for my first full marathon. Tonight was an easy 4 mile run. Just getting out there and doing it is always my battle, I was extremely tired after my long workday today and didn't really want to run. It turned out I had a great run and actually felt more energinzed than I had all day!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My first post to this thread. I'm trying to become a real runner. Right now, I'm doing Couch to 5k, and am about half way through. I can do the two 10-min at 5mph so far. But finding it a bit hard to move beyond this.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Reclining figure- Welcome, stick with it, you will get there!

Aolson- Welcome, running a marathon is great, keep it up!

Jenny- I agee with jabeye I think it could be plantar fasciitis... have you gotten new shoes recently? Just make sure to rest and ice a lot!... it helps to put your feet in buckets of ice water, it hurts like hell but helps a lot too!

I'm going to run tonight and probably cycle some too, have a great day everyone! Happy Running! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • annaliza
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

WW - maybe ice it for a day or to and if it doesn't improve, go get it checked out ...it's better to be safe than play a guessing game as to whether or not there something wrong/not wrong. I sure hope everything is well.

Welcome to all the new runners. It's good to see our little group growing and growing. I look forward to picking your guy's brains :tongue:

Julie, I agree with GG - I would take it easy before the marathon since it takes awhile to get back to 100% (and you want to be 100% on that day).

Kelynn - running alone is not so bad ...I've never had a running partner. Hope your BF gets better soon.

It's so nice to see Leash posting again!

Just checking in before I leave for work for the day. Hope everyone is having a good one.

Happy Running all!

Liza