have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I could not live without carbs!!! It is definitely possible both ways! But if I tried to go carb free I would lose a lot of weight...cuz I would DIE!!!!! lol
  • kgfpowell
    kgfpowell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    homemade granola, would love the recipe, sounds yummy
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The people who lose weight and say they eat a lot of carbs probably eat around 100-150g per day by default as they are eating healthy carb sources and the right quantities.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm typically around 250g a day. Some from fruits and veg, some from pasta, potatoes and breads.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating beans and rice and bread and chips puts you at 200-400g of carb per day,

This is ridiculous. I eat beans and brown rice often, bread and chips occasionally and I rarely get anywhere near 200 carbs. And certainly not 200 net carbs, and net carbs is all you should really worry about. Fiber is not absorbed so it really shouldn't be counted.

Beans especially contain a lot of fiber, as well as protien and many vauable nutritents. Brown rice, whole grain bread and some chips contain fiber as well. It's better worry about the package carbs come in (i.e. amount of fiber, protien and nutritents included in the package) rather than just looking at carb count.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My breakfast staple is whole wheat toast (2 to be exact) and yes I have lost weight.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Happy to see all the support for carbs on here! I eat on average 200 g of carbs a day (50 below what MFP recommends) and I have been losing without any problems.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love my carbs and I've lost 40lbs. I don't restrict carbs at all but I do try to hit 100g of protein per day. That doesn't always happen though.
  • sunshineskyway
    Options
    I lose weight just fine with carbs. Some people metabolize it just fine. I am not someone who can eat high protein/low-carb. When I did, I ended up lethargic, with high LDL cholesterol, and unhappy. Once, I stopped, the weight came back very fast and some. I find it much easier to moderate all food groups and stay within a set caloric range. I am much happier that way.
  • cdcro
    cdcro Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    57 lbs so far with ~50% carbs