2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've missed posting the last several ads. I've been sick, my babe has been sick, and nwmy son is sick! I have managed to keep up my workouts though. I've been so afraid that if I skip, i'll get off track and not get back on again. I should be 4/7 today. Did elliptical on Tuesday, 4th level of Ripped yesterday, and am getting ready to do the 4th level of ripped again today. This 4th level kcks my butt, but I love it!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    @ busymom great job

I am 5/7 today. My body wasnt feeling the workout today but I pushed through it the best way I could so I ended the day with 1 mile run 2 mile walk, 10 mile bike and 15 minute leg circuit.
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    4/7 Did 30 mins on ex bike and 30 mins on treadmill this am before leaving town. I am in Dallas now, they do have a bike and
    treadmill. I will use those in the am. & if I get the chance for a walk tomorrow will do that. Brought my DS walking trainer
    pedometer thing though, so I can track step count tomorrow.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. I hope you'll have me back. Been a wild ride for the last year. Time for round 2. *sigh* But I am going to focus only on positive energy. I've missed this group!!!

Hello NANCY!!!!! When I saw your profile I smiled and said your name out loud! Of course we'll have you back!! I have missed you and hope you are well! I have thought about you numerous times this past year. I think I even sent a PM or 2 but did not hear back and then I thought something BAD happened! I did that with Debra too, even checked her towns obit section!!! I know I am a fretter!!!
    Let's work on your round 2, we can do this a a group!!!! Happy having you back. Have a great weekend!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I did NOT have it in me to work out today against the wind. I am still fighting that nasty bug. I got my workout clothes on and planned to walk while my GS rode his bike when he woke from his nap but by the time he awoke the wind was blowing 30 mph and I thought no way, my body is suffering enough!! I am still at 5/7.

Good job ladies for making fitness a PRIORITY!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Verda, thanks. I am still at 5/7 also.

Hi Nancy. Glad to see you back. Welcome back Welcome back Welcome back!
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    ok. 5/7 Did 25 mins on the exercise bike & 25 mins on the treadmill in the "fitness center." Then the front desk people told us the
    convention center was only like 1.8 miles from the hotel so we decided to walk there, also. Walked there, turns out it's 3 miles
    away. Just did it as an easy walk, Time to come back to hotel it was much warmer & my stomach was upset, so we took a
    cab.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job!!! I'm 2/7 today with a 55 minute brisk walk around my hilly neighborhood. My OB suggested I do a bunch of walking to get this baby to drop. I'm not overly optimistic, but I definitely enjoyed my walk and was thankful that I the rain cleared and the sun came out for long enough for me to get a walk in!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Great week everybody. I am 6/7 today. I walked 5.5 miles. It was a nice day so I took advantage of it.
  • vhuber
    Options
    6/7 with a 4 mile bike ride. Still sick and I have got sooooo much to do!!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • vhuber
    Options
    So far for my 1/7 I did 3 miles on the elliptical in thirty minutes and my NROL workout! I do plan to do MORE cardio sometime today!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    1/7 with another very brisk walk around my neighborhood, 50 minutes, 400 calories burned. Baby is still staying put....he or she must be quite comfortable in here!! :grumble:

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!! :happy:
  • kilime50
    kilime50 Posts: 37
    Options
    Room for one more? I am 50 years old, and have just started this weight loss journey, 5 days in and I really need to add exercise to my routine
    I am an Nanny, I look after 3 year old twin girls 5 days a week. As they have gotten bigger it has become harder to keep up with them when they run. I have always tried to keep active but have found that in the last few years I have become more sedentary and the weight has crept up over 200lbs and all I want to do at the end of the day is hit the couch. I bought Tony Horton's
    10 minute and could only manage 3 minutes... I'm working on that, but have added more walking and stairs into my routine.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Welcome Kilime50. 3 minutes is great, before you know it you will be doing 10 minutes and then some.

I am 1/7 today with a 2.6 mile run this morning and .8 mile walk. This evening I did 10 mile bike and 15 minutes arms. The sauna for 15 minutes should count for something lol
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1/7 today with my last day of Ripped in 30 and 18 min on the elliptical. Startng Extreme Shed and Shred tomorrow!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    6/7 Sat 4miles with leslie and weights

1/7 today with 2 segments of 10 min solutions kickbox and 1 mile with leslie
  • vhuber
    Options
    So far for my 1/7 I did 3 miles on the elliptical in thirty minutes and my NROL workout! I do plan to do MORE cardio sometime today!!
    Yep, I got in another 3 miles on the elliptical in 28 minutes!!!!

Welcome Kilime50! Like I always say one step leads to miles and one minute leads to hours!!! Best wishes!

Where are you Nancy???? Where are you Debra????
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I'm here! Sorry! I think I am *making* myself busy so that I don't have to think about my weight gain. The wicked tricks our minds create!!!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome home. I am so relieved to be back amongst healthy friends!!!

1/7 with 15 minute walk. Gotta start somewhere!!! :ohwell:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry friends, I am here too... finished the week 4/7... I wanted to count Friday as an exercise day.... but hubby made me feel guilty about it. I left at 8 am and went to purchase concession supplies for our baseball concession stand. I bought close to $1000 worth of supplies..... 10 cases of water, 20 cases of gatorade, 50 lb bags of popcorn..[plus tons more.... I had to push it all around the store, pack the car, come home...unpack and repack.... took all day finishing at 4 that day...and I was beat for the evening. Saturday was clean up day on field and a friends birthday party in evening. Yesterday I tried to clean the house up... but was so tired just couldn't get motivated... still feel out of it today. I wont count Friday/Saturday.... but I was moving those days too :bigsmile:
    Today I have to get cleaning this place up and need to work chalene in... with errands at 2pm
    Happy Monday:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: , Lets have a great week!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    2/7 walking don't know how much but I was sweaty but then it is 80 degrees here. LOL! Will do leslie and weights later.

Great job ladies. Yes Nancy we have to start somewhere.