What does you gym cost??

Options
I am finishing a free 30 day membership to a club fitness. They want 10 bucks a month for staffed hours (8am to 10pm) m-f and 8 till 6 on weekend. 20 bucks a month with a year commitment for 24 hour access and all the classes you want. I am thinking about going to xist to fit for 10 bucks a month with hours being 5am till 11pm and no contract. Just wondering what everyone else is paying for their memberships??

Replies

• smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I pay $30/month 24 hour access.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    33.50 a month for 24 hr access, unlimited classes, a basketball court, pool, hot tub and sauna.

Trainer, tanning and spa are extra.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y. it's hours are poo...like 5am-10pm weekend days, 12-4 on sundays!

its 45 bucks a month (midwest)

i do it for the pool access!
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I go to Lifestyl and I pay $45/mo but you figure that includes access to all locations, fitness classes, cardio machines and spinning classes.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i pay 27/ bi weekly 24 hrs 7 days a week, with tanning and sauna included in that price
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    40 a month... i also have my school gym which is free
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    21 dollars a month ..... everything included , access at every gym , been a memeber since 1990
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I pay $20/month for Gold's Gym. Access to all classes except for Pilates Reformer, and also have a sauna and jacuzzi. Pretty nice for me.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i hate my town. we don't have many gyms so they overcharge. i pay ~$50/month and it's NOT 24 hr. short hours on weekends. makes me miss college when the gym was "free" (i know it was part of my tuition, but it felt free, ha)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My hubby's work has a 24 hour gym so for both of us it only costs $7.50 a month.
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I pay way too much ($129) but the fitness/bootcamp classes are with small groups (4-6 people)
    so it's like having a personal trainer included and I have the Mixed Martial Arts/kickboxing included too.
    I'm now a yellow belt-woohoo. But it's definitely something I enjoy so I'll pay. :smile:
  • RyanPerry2012
    RyanPerry2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    $20 for a small gym that is 5am-10pm weekdays and 8-8 weekends. There's no sauna, pool, or locker room. It has great machines and is maybe the size of a strip mall pizza place. I pay it because it's WAY cheaper than 24 hour fitness.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    that's really good. I pay $65/mo. $75 when I add my 5 year old son, but they have free day care if you add them, which is awesome. No contract, there are free classes but I'm not a class-taker. the hours are good, they have 2 pools and all that, and they have swim classes for my kiddo. I can also go to any other locations around my city, some of which are 24hrs. And one actually has workout equipment specially made for kids (they have to be 6 to use it though) so my son is excited to try that.

I've tried to join cheaper gyms but I just love my gym too much!! All the people that work there are awesome, they maintain their machines, and it's big. The atmosphere is cool too, it's mostly exposed brick bc it used to be the fire station for my city back in the day.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I think mine is about $35 a month at 24 Hour Fitness. I get to go to all the Sports and Active Sport clubs in southern California, and access to all areas... just no personal trainer past the trial hour, which I still haven't used/abused. :P

With my lifestyle, it's worth it. 3am and 11pm gym runs are pretty hard to pull off at other gyms.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    i paid about $600 for an 18-month membership. 24/7 access. no pool. i pay my trainer separately, about $35 an hour.
  • tomwashere
    tomwashere Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought the 24 Hour Fitness membership at Costco which was $319 for 24 months. That's a little more than $13/month.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am at the YMCA. I pay about 75.00 a month for myself, my two sons and 15 of that is for a rental locker. It helps me mentally get to there. One less thing I have to worry about when getting out to go. They have plenty of classes that are included but there are also classes that would run you more money. They offer free babysitting for younger children. I am pretty satisfied. We have a sauna and steam room. We used to have a hot tub but state laws has ruined that for us. I don't have a contract. So it's month to month. We even get free passes to bring friends or family with us.
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We go to Planet Fitness... they have two plans. The $20 a month plan (what I do) lets me bring a guest anytime I want, tanning booths and red light therapy (don't use them) and the massage chairs (forget to use them) and 50% of cooler beverages. They also have a bare bones $10 a month plan with unlimited use 24 hours except the weekends they close at 7 p.m. Both plans offer unlimited training.

No contract, but also no classes or pool. Works for us because our town has a community pool which is fine for us.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My gym has specfic hours - no 24 hr, no key card access etc.

They have 2 membership levels, both with no commitment, month to month contracts. And you can switch back and forth between them at any time (for a small fee). There is an annual fee of like 30.00, in addition to the monthly fee.

The memberships levels are a:

$10 basic membership, no frills, just gym and free use of the "personal trainer"

and

$20 Black Membership (well, 20.05), that includes gym, unlimited tanning, 1/2 price on beverages, unlimited use of massage chairs, unlimited bring a guest (I can bring a different guest everyday or the same guest mutiple days), and free use of the "personal" trainer.

The personal trainer is there the whole time they are open. They have a schedule of classes that they do. So you know if you go at 3 on Monday, you can join an ab class. The classes are limited to 5 people. But, if you are the only one, or say it is you and a friend, you can request a different topic than the scheduled one.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    One gym is $10 and the other is $27 but I am trying to see if the latter one will be renovated seeing how another national chain bought it out. If nothing by summer quitting and going with the $10.