Black Team Week 12

Options

Replies

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's pushups got done. Barely. I too, like Marla, nearly went to bed without them. Literally jumped out of bed and started doing them on the floor next to the bed. DH thought I'd lost my mind. I said, "What? I forgot my pushup challenge." Can't do full form, but I rocked out 20 in a row, took a quick break and finished that set of 25. Then did about 15. Arms were screaming, took another rest and finished it up. I really underestimated how hard that would be.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Great pics Lynnie- gotta hit facebook to see the rest.

Jeannie- you are such a bright and shiny person- :heart: it! Don't forget bench (or couch or chair) dips- like a backward pushup in case you don't know:
    th_bench-dips.jpg
    They are great for triceps and chest. One of my gym friend does like 80 a day and her triceps are starting to rock!

Marla- no pushups yet. I will live in the land of flabby arms and know if I just listened to you things would be so different...... :laugh: Actually, I hit the gym and weights a lot, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

Jeannie's goal is to rock out 10 full out pushups, I have a desire to be able to do pullups. I think I can do....... drumroll.......zero. There was a girl at the gym the other day who grabbed the bar and cranked out at least 10 beautiful pull ups. My mouth was hanging open and I just stared at her. (B!tch. :laugh:) Kidding! I only wish.

There is a need at the gym to 'outdo' others. It keeps me motivated.
  • ksproston
    Options

Jeannie- you are such a bright and shiny person- :heart: it! Don't forget bench (or couch or chair) dips- like a backward pushup in case you don't know:
    th_bench-dips.jpg
    They are great for triceps and chest. One of my gym friend does like 80 a day and her triceps are starting to rock!

Marla- no pushups yet. I will live in the land of flabby arms and know if I just listened to you things would be so different...... :laugh: Actually, I hit the gym and weights a lot, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

Jeannie's goal is to rock out 10 full out pushups, I have a desire to be able to do pullups. I think I can do....... drumroll.......zero. There was a girl at the gym the other day who grabbed the bar and cranked out at least 10 beautiful pull ups. My mouth was hanging open and I just stared at her. (B!tch. :laugh:) Kidding! I only wish.

I would love to be able to do a pull up. In high school, I think I could do one. And, that was when we could do them with our palms facing us. Then, they switched it so that we had to do them with our palms facing away. Was able to do 0 then. Then they said we could choose to hang with our chin above the bar. I think I lasted about 30 seconds. One pull up. That's all I'm asking. Doesn't even matter which way my palms are facing.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm home and I"m happy. In case anyone is not a facebook sleeze (hahah) like the rest of us here is a couple of pictures of this awesome waterfall hubby and I happened on....
    benlynnwaterfall.jpg

benlynnwaterfall2.jpg

So, I got to whitewater raft, and the water was BIG, massive waves!

I am not a strong swimmer but I decided to live the experience, and I swam one of the little rapids. I jumped off of a rock into the river about 12 twelve foot feet in the air (I've never even dove off a diving board before, freaky!) We did a little "surfing" and almost fell out of the boat but I managed to stay in the entire time. It was sooo awesome!!!!

:love: looks like so much fun Lynnie!!
    I LOVE water falls....DH makes sure to find one for me everywhere we go. Once we were in Disney World, the flatest place on earth, and he found one for me........fake, but a waterfall none the less:laugh:

I absolutely DID think of you when we found this Jeannie!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

th_bench-dips.jpg

That pic is perfect! I did 3 sets of 15 last night!!! Funny you bring it up today!!

It is a rocking tricep exercise.......and can be done anywhere!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'll need to remember to try those tricep exercises-- I still have the wobbles a touch too much. Hate when my arm continues to wave long after my hand has-- ya know?

just got my early 25 in-- all at once-- wooooooooot!

Later-- must work.

:heart: :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone

I walked/ran 8 miles this morning and 100 crunches and a workout for 20 minutes burning 973 calories fixin to do my push ups now, I could not run as much as I did yesterday and monday my hip is hurting me.

I am leaving for GA tomorrow, yay going to get my boy, alittle nervous though because I will be out of comfort zone at home I know I have everything I need. There I will not have a scale my food my exercise place, where am I gonna walk at least we will only be gone for a little bit back home sunday afternoon so if I run tomorrow before we leave and run when we get home sunday then sat is the only day I will be missing anyways.

So we will see if I MIA for a few days you know where I am . Maybe I could walk to GA ( LOL) Ok maybe thats a little obsessive. Maybe I wil ride in the van with everyone else.

Have a great off to do my push ups and then off to cook lunch for darling daughter.!!!! She is always starving, I guess if she would have ate her breakfast she wouldnt be so hungrey for lunch. I am mean aint I???
  • 72lori
    Options

th_bench-dips.jpg

That pic is perfect! I did 3 sets of 15 last night!!! Funny you bring it up today!!

I didn't put my makeup on for the pic, but thanks! :noway: (Don't I wish!) :wink:

Those are great exercises and I feel them every time I do them, they kick my butt, however, I love them for that very reason.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Tamara- did you up your calorie intake to maintain? Just wondering.... in case I ever get there......

No I havent yet, I just got back down to goal weight since I splurged on my birthday anniversary and goal weight dinner, I am sorta scared to...
  • ksproston
    Options
    Pushups are done. I did a set of 10 full form, then I did 15 on my knees. I took a short rest then did 10 more full form and then did 15 on my knees. But, they're done. I also did 20 regular crunches and 20 reverse crunches. My arms are shaking already. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

th_bench-dips.jpg

I didn't put my makeup on for the pic, but thanks! :noway: (Don't I wish!) :wink:

Those are great exercises and I feel them every time I do them, they kick my butt, however, I love them for that very reason.

:laugh: Your too funny!!

We is HOTTER than that:glasses:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    tag for later...haven't had much of a chance to get on the computer. :heart:

Just saw your picture and it felt like my heart fell into my stomach. I was pretty sure that I miss you. Now I know for sure that do. Ugh is it the weekend yet?

Awwww you are to cute!
  • 72lori
    Options

th_bench-dips.jpg

:laugh: Your too funny!!

We is HOTTER than that:glasses:

If my legs were JUST that long! :love:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Missed this yesterday. I'll jump on board today though. I don't have to do 100 cause I was a slacker do I? :laugh:

Heading out for a fab Red Roof Inn morning breakfast :ohwell: , then back on the road. Later!

Oh, by the way, I would like to say, 12 (or 13) weeks on the Black team and I am the same weight I started......... Geez! Progress my friends, progress.

This was the maintain just where you are team, right? :happy:

We didnt say we were the losing weight team:glasses:

me you and Marla and I think bobbi and janie have been stuck for awhile.

:grumble: plateau

:love: but we're HOT that is all that matters:love:

Oh heck yeah !!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Challenge report, I did my 50 for yesterday and will be doing my 50 for today in a few. I tried the reverse push ups last night and while they were hard they made the ole triceps take notice. No turkey arms on me, they have to go.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Challenge report, I did my 50 for yesterday and will be doing my 50 for today in a few. I tried the reverse push ups last night and while they were hard they made the ole triceps take notice. No turkey arms on me, they have to go.

:drinker: awsome!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Renae and MTGirl-- no beatings, tar and feathers or harassment from me-- your own flabby arms shall be your punishment-- ha. :wink:

seriously-- whose freakin' idea was this anyway?

Evil Marla. Just evil. :laugh: Yup, they're flabby!! Someday I'll say good-bye to those bat wings!

Got my new hard drive!! WOOHOOOOOOO! I can be on my own computer again. :drinker: I just about got this conversion thing nailed. (knock on wood!) Next week will be better. It had better be better!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey-- congrats on all the pushups peeps--

I tried the reverse ones-- too hard on my shoulders-- arthritis and old age and all that jazz.

I'll try again another time, though-- make sure they're not possible.

I got my nighttime ones in-- 50 for the day--

Later-- !!!!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    hey-- congrats on all the pushups peeps--

I tried the reverse ones-- too hard on my shoulders-- arthritis and old age and all that jazz.

I'll try again another time, though-- make sure they're not possible.

I got my nighttime ones in-- 50 for the day--

Later-- !!!!!!!!!!

Marla..........dips can be done on a very low step, only bring your butt down a little.............the further out your legs are from the step, the harder the movement.

I started with a 6 inch step and my knees under my chin!!

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Renae and MTGirl-- no beatings, tar and feathers or harassment from me-- your own flabby arms shall be your punishment-- ha. :wink:

seriously-- whose freakin' idea was this anyway?

Evil Marla. Just evil. :laugh: Yup, they're flabby!! Someday I'll say good-bye to those bat wings!

Got my new hard drive!! WOOHOOOOOOO! I can be on my own computer again. :drinker: I just about got this conversion thing nailed. (knock on wood!) Next week will be better. It had better be better!

Dontcha just feel like a good wind will come along and swoop ya away:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My 8 yr old nephew thought my clapping and batwings where the funniest dang thing EVER.
    His belly laugh made me laugh too....when I really wanted to whack him upside the head:laugh: :laugh: