Options

Replies

• ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • SaraBL15
    SaraBL15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but drizzle a little honey on top, sprinkle with cinnamon. Yum! Makes a great protein breakfast. Too bad it's so high in sodium, though. :(
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    On waffles with maple syrup.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 Cup of it with 1 packet of sweetener and 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder equals COMPLETE CHOCOLATEY UBER-AWESOMENESS.
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eat it mixed with WYMANS Frozen Berries for a snack each morning around 0900
  • PlainJade13
    Options
    1 Cup of Cottage Cheese
    1 Tomato (medium size) Chopped
    Teaspoon pepper
    Teaspoon salt

Chop up the tomato and add it to the cottage cheese
    Then add the pepper and salt.
    It's a nice snack. :]
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i just bought non-fat cottage cheese because i feel like a lot of people use it in recipes..except i don't know what to use it in! haha. how do you guys enjoy it? i know a lot of people just put fruit in it. i think i've seen pancake recipes that call for it too??
    please post your recipes!! thanks :)

I have it with tuna and mixed salad for lunch - bags of protein and filling!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You can literally just mix a big scoop of it into canned tuna, add salt and pepper (or hot sauce, celery, onions, tomato, lime juice, lemon juice, etc) and eat it like that for a protein-splosion.

Eat it with a fork or with a few whole grain crackers.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm a purist - I love it plain with a ton of black pepper.

THIS
  • KingRoaVa
    KingRoaVa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Am I the only oddball that eats it plain. :-p
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm a purist - I love it plain with a ton of black pepper.

I'm even more of a purist.. I love it plain. :)
  • ValleryK
    ValleryK Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh my, I cannot imagine a day without cottage cheese - it's definitely one of my favorite products.
    I eat it for breakfast with all kinds of yoghurt OR/AND raisins, nuts, dried fruit OR/AND honey - if I want something sweet.
    I eat it with salt, parsley, garlic and pepper - if I don't want anything sweet.

I also make sandwitches with it - you know, with those Fazer Crisps or plain rye bread.
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love it with garlic powder and use it as a dip for veggies, crackers or pita chips. So good with bell pepper or celery!
  • littledeak
    littledeak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese with tuna and chives. I eat it on wheat crackers, or just by itself. I don't measure but I think I use about half a cup of cottage, probably 3oz. tuna, and a hand full of chives.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 Cup of it with 1 packet of sweetener and 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder equals COMPLETE CHOCOLATEY UBER-AWESOMENESS.
    OMG this sounds yummy!
  • Cheryl621
    Options
    Nope, I eat it plain too. Yummy.

I saw a recipe in a magazine that sounds good, it was cottage cheese topped with apple butter, sunflower seeds, and bananas.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up an apple (granny smith is the best!), sprinkle it with cinnamon and nuke it in the microwave for a minute or two until it's tender. Then I put a big dollup of cottage cheese on top of that and enjoy!

I also like it with fruit and just plain. I'm going to have to try mixing it with tuna!
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I blend mine with a little dry ranch dressing, to make a dip for veggies
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love it with a tablespoon of suger free jelly
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Put it in the bin