cottage cheese..what do do with it?!

Options

Replies

• shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like it on my salads, it's delicious!! Loving some of the other ideas on here too :)
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I put it on toast with a slice of tomato either for breakfast or as a snack. You can also use it as a substitute for recipes that call for ricotta cheese.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i like mine with a little whip cream in it to sweeten it & a little powder jello mix in it for flavor
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I only eat it plain, yum! Brought some with me at work as a matter of fact!
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    I like just sprinkling with a little salt and eating it. You can put it in lasagna, or make deviled eggs substituting half the yolks with the cheese.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MAKE COTTAGE LOAF. very good and its good for you! :love:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I use it as a filling for crepes. You can add fruit and chocolate to make it a sweet crepe, or herbs and sauteed vegetables to make it savory.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My usual morning breakfast includes:
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 table spoons for flax seed
    2 cups of raw strawberries
    1 cup pinapple
    1/2 cup raw almonds

I start out with the fruit on the bottom, I put the cottage cheese on top, and sprinkle the almonds and flax seed on top... it's filling and so healthy.

This is such a versatile cheese, you can put it with anything! I like to put in a baked potatoe, on the side with pasta, i will mix dried fruit with some cheese for a snack... Love this stuff!!
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    love this recipe
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday, I used 2% cottage cheese to prepare an orange jellow salad. It was great! I also have replaced ricotta cheese with cottage cheese in my lasagna. I still use it over fruit every now and then as well.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just put it on the top of a whole grain craker and eat it! LOL I love it plain!!!
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    Put it in the bin

HAHAHA!! Love that :)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've been having protein milkshakes: 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1-2 packets of stevia, 1 scoop protein powder, 7-10 ice cubes, and then whatever flavor I want. I usually throw in a couple tablespoons of sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding mix. Last night, I put in 2 tablespoons sugar free, fat free cheesecake pudding mix and a handful of frozen no sugar added strawberries. So good!!!! Under 300 calories, around 33g of protein, satisfies my ice cream craving, and keeps me super full for the rest of the night.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup with a can of tuna fish and use for sandwiches. Very high in protein.
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese because it is so versatile...if you want sweet, you can make it sweet, you can eat it plain with pepper (yum), you can mix with salsa, beat into eggs, or even top your pizza with it...that's right folks...made homemade pizza and when it came out of the oven I put cottage cheese on top of a piece...i don't think I'll ever have pizza again without it!!!
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump :0) love these ideas.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of yogurt and sour cream in any recipe. example Dips, mexican food, fruit parfiats. Just place in a food processor for the creamy texture and/or add a little honey for the sweetness.
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reggiegirl44
    Options
    Mix 500g pot with 2 beaten eggs and the kind of vegetable you like suitable for a quiche, onions, mushrooms, peppers.

Then add to a flan dish and pop in the oven at about 180' for 25 mins or until just turning golden on top. Great warm for a meal or cold as snacks, should make 4 decent portions or 6 snack.

Really low cal overall.

That sounds good...I'm going to try it. Does it cook up like Quiche or do you still eat it like cottage cheese with a spoon?