Replies

• katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm in!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am all for this. Will check in on Sunday.

Good Luck All!!!!
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    sounds fun :)
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am IN!!! Thank you for starting this challenge!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I need some more accountability lately!

Though I'm at work Sunday mornings, so I'll probably do my weigh-ins on Fridays.
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, down for another challenge.
  • vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea, count me in also!
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i'm in currenrly 230 so 9.2lb to lose might have a problem easter egg weekend but hey head down and go for it
  • purple_penny
    purple_penny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IN! Need the challenge in order to keep on track. Otherwise, I'll keep saying I'll start tomorrow. 4% of 210 is 8.4.
  • jennyliveslarge
    jennyliveslarge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im in!! add me please- jennyliveslarge thank you for the motivation!!!:happy:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, I'm in need of extra motivation and this sounds like something I could do. Thank you so much for posting!

Now where do we post our weight and 4% goal on April 1st, 2012?
    just post it in this thread..

Kinda hard to follow or "participate" in my opinion though.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Also, for some of us, 4% can mean 8, 9 or even 10 pounds, which is a large amount of weight to lose in 1 month (and not healthy either). The healthy amount to lose is 1, maybe 2 pounds per week. Also, unless you are doing some crazy crash diet and a ton of exercise, it isn't likely that you'd consistently lose more than 2 pounds per week.

2.5 or 3% per month might be a more reasonable/realistic goal for the majority of us.
  • steph2606
    steph2606 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!! :happy:
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm just starting to change my life, and I'm very competitive, so this is just the thing to get me on the right track and keep me there!!! Thanks! :-)
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great Plan! I'm 100% in :happy:
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Also, for some of us, 4% can mean 8, 9 or even 10 pounds, which is a large amount of weight to lose in 1 month (and not healthy either). The healthy amount to lose is 1, maybe 2 pounds per week. Also, unless you are doing some crazy crash diet and a ton of exercise, it isn't likely that you'd consistently lose more than 2 pounds per week.

2.5 or 3% per month might be a more reasonable/realistic goal for the majority of us.

I agree with you. I wanted to to the challenge too but I wouldneed to loss almost 11 lbs.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    just post it in this thread..

Kinda hard to follow or "participate" in my opinion though.

I don't get why you posted, if it's really hard to follow you can start your own easy to follow thread, it's just a challenge to keep people a bit more accountable if you have a target each week.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options

The reason I chosed 4% was after doing other challenges I saw that this was achievable for everyone and not just aim for 5 or 10lbs which may be too easy or hard for some. If your 4% is 10lbs then you're probably larger and it can be more easy to lose that much when larger. Its not unhealthy to lose 8-10lbs in a month if you have that much to lose, at my most Ive lost 9.5 and know someone who lost 30 but then he was 450lbs.

It's really just a target as having something to aim for the month is good motivation. If its too much for you or you dont agree there are other challenges going on or start your own like me!
  • lovebug5502
    lovebug5502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Great motivation and way to stay on track. :D
  • CM9178
    Options

The reason I chosed 4% was after doing other challenges I saw that this was achievable for everyone and not just aim for 5 or 10lbs which may be too easy or hard for some. If your 4% is 10lbs then you're probably larger and it can be more easy to lose that much when larger. Its not unhealthy to lose 8-10lbs in a month if you have that much to lose, at my most Ive lost 9.5 and know someone who lost 30 but then he was 450lbs.

It's really just a target as having something to aim for the month is good motivation. If its too much for you or you dont agree there are other challenges going on or start your own like me!

You are wrong.. just because you may weigh more doesn't mean you necessarily have more to lose, so it is ok to lose that much weight so quickly. For example, a guy may be 250 pounds, so 4% would be 10 pounds. But for his height and age, he may only need to lose 20 pounds or so... so losing 10 pounds in a month is still a lot, and not good.

My point about this being hard to follow is that it is just a bunch of people posting their updates all the time, plus people "joining in" so you can't really see what is going on unless you read through 20 pages of posts.. I originally wanted to participate, but aside from the 4% unattainable goal, it also seems difficult to actually see how everybody is doing. There should be a group for something like this, not a thread.