What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• newnormal2010
    Options
    I have a few, I'm a huge reader and as a result I cycle through my books pretty quickly...

as of today

Shakespears Christmas (page 78)
    Clockwork Angel (page 201)
    Lick of Frost (page 332)
    Sense, Sensibility and Sea Monsters (page 94)
    Mistress of the Art of Death (page 145)

I'll probably (and sadly) have all these done before the end of the week.

Mistress of the Art of Death was an amazing book! The ending is....intense. Hope you like it as much as I did!

Lately I've been re-reading old Alastair McLean books -- South by Java Head, River of Death, and now Athabasca. Some of the paperback copies I have used to belong to my grandfather, who died almost 25 years ago, so it's been a bit sentimental, :smile:
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kennyon

May I say read anything from her with the Dark Hunter novels. Acheron's story will really get you in the story!!!

Also, In May, Charlaine Harris will be releasing her 12th book (deadlocked) of the Sookie Stackhouse novels (true blood) I have been hooked on book 1 for YEARS. IF you like True Blood these are a MUST READ. To me they are a must read before the show.

Also, I am reading For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison.

Anything from KAtie McAsliter and Lysand Sands (Argeanu novels) will do you no harm as well.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have JUST finished the second book of the "Sookie Stackhouse" series (aka, True Blood books.)
    I'm hopelessly addicted.
  • lynneruth
    lynneruth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I keep adding free books to my Kindle, which I just got at christmas time, I have a lot piled up, but also have a stack of regular books that I had gotten before I got my Kindle. Good thing I am retired and have lots of time to read.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Death at Devils Bridge by Robin Paige. I love my Kindle. Best thing I've ever bought.
  • lynneruth
    lynneruth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished Dance with Dragons, and at 67 years of age, afraid I wont live to see the next one!!!
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    This thread? lol and a self titled book on Pancho Villa. Yup, I love History XD
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yet another book to learn yet another computer programming language (surprisingly good and entertaining) and a mix of tax and business books (I can't wait until tax season is over and I can begin my summer reading).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    War Commentaries - Julius Caesar

I'm a big history buff though... definitely not light reading but very interesting nonetheless.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a kindle too and am currently reading "The Stand" Stephen King, "A peoples history of the united states" Howard Zinn, "Catching Fire (2nd hunger games book)" Suzanne Collins, "Second Foundation" Isaac Asimov, "Direct Descent" Frank Herbert and I have a couple of audible books on there that I am listening to at times. I like the old paper backs but the kindle sure makes it convenient to read alot of books at once. I have a variety of other books that I am working on but these are the main ones that I am reading most. I have read "The Stand" several times.
  • jen1127
    jen1127 Posts: 19
    Options
    The Last Lecture--Randy Pausch
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm reading " The death cure" by James dashner. Next is game of thrones and may 1st ill be reading the latest sookie stack house book! I got rid of cable so I tend to read a ton.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Because I read all day/every day for a living, I don't read anything I don't have to read!

Sounds terrible, I know. But after four years of college, three years of law school, and now 13 years as a lawyer, reading is just a chore to me.

I do read these forums pretty regularly, though, and a lot of news on the Internet. But that's because I can do it in small, easily digestible chunks.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love my kobo ereader. I read a lot and probably on book 20 already for 2012

I have been working my way through Tess Gerritsen's books that the show Rizzoli and Isles is based on and just finishing The Keepsake. Not sure what is up next. I have a stack that I am planning to start, including the Walking Dead compendium, My sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult, and the Outlander series again - Diana Gabladon (read the first 4 and think I need to start over before reading the newer ones).
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I just finished 3 books, Do Tampons Take Your Virginity? A Catholic Girl's Memoir, Heaven is for Real & Life is too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets.

I am currently reading Pill-Billies.

I have a 2nd generation Kindle
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading it yet but I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of World War Z by Max Brooks.

I just finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

I love Brave New World, I just recently re-read it :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading it yet but I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of World War Z by Max Brooks.

World War Z is fantastic. Get a copy. You will not regret it.
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Currently reading the Twilight series right now. Im on book two right now. When finished with these I plan to go to The Hunger Games series next. :)
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Matched" and "Crossed" - they are #1 and #2 in a Trilogy. Very good!

I'm waiting on Matched from the library... hope it/they are good :smile: