2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• kilime50
    kilime50 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm at 1/7 today, walked really briskly - too darn cold to go slower - for an hour, made myself run up and down the stairs for 15 minutes and even managed 3 sets of modified push ups. Thanks for the welcome.

Jillian
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    I am 2/7. I cycled 23 miles and walked 1 mile to relax.
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    80s sounds awesome ivy! We've been having that kind of weather but it was cold and windy here today!

I'm at 2/7 with 45 min of extreme shed and shred. First day doing it. It was okay, but not nearly as intense as ripped. Kinda looking forward to an "easier" routine for a week!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I agree with Ivy. We GOTTA start somewhere and 15 is good. Yo will get better and longer!!! Sooo glad you're back!

Debra The Busy, you make my head spin but also remind me of myself 10 years ago!!!! The community is lucky to have you!

Ivy, 80's???? I'd be sweatin too! Hope you worked it with Leslie and the weights later on!!!! Good job!

Jillian , you did good girl, way to go!!!!

thinktank, you rock! Is your cycling inside or outside, a class or on your own? I live in the country and there are NO exercises for miles so I go it alone except for when I can drag the DH with me! Oh and of course the three furry kids!

busym0m, sometimes getting that break for a week puts a whole new edge on lifting !:wink: Good job!!

My 2/7 was a four mile speed walk with the furries after work. (windy out) When the wind went down I rode 7 miles on my bike! I think I am getting well!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    It is Tuesday where are ya????:laugh:

3/7 with unloading and stacking our school food truck at 5 a.m. AND a 3 mile walk in 30 mph wind!! Oh how I am sick of the wind!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Vhuber it is an indoor Killer class. I just started doing it like two weeks ago. It is amazing how much you sweat in that class

Today I am 3/7 with a trail run which ended with me running to the car because the bugs kept chasing me. SO I completed my run at a near by nice park.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    2/7 today with my weekly one hour Zumba class, 590 calories burned! It was a blast as always. Some of the moves are getting a bit challenging at 39 weeks pregnant, but I'm hanging in. My prediction is that I'll be back to class next week, but we'll see.

Have a great week everyone!!
  • kilime50
    Options
    2/7 mostly walking, but added bicep curls with resistance bands. I have had them for a while and this is the first time I have actually used them. Added in some stretches and core work. Does anyone on here use the Wii fit? I was thinking of picking one up, but there are so many of them advertised for sale on kijiji that I was wondering if it would be worth it.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    3/7 10 min walking 2 segments of 10 min solutions kickbox and 20 min of the firm. My knees hurt. Yesterday I did leslie and weights. I am sore. My knees are hurting.

Great job.

Heather when is Zumba baby due? Today my niece who is too started saying shake shake shake. LOL

Great job guys.

Verda you got in aerobics and weight training with that truck unloading. I saw a job opening for UPS and was thinking of applying just for the calories burned.

Debra agreeing with Verda you are an awesome. But don't forget to take care of you:flowerforyou:

Kilime I don't own a Wii but I have done Just Dance and jogging and did work up a sweat.

thinktank. Those bugs drove me indoors midsummer. It was not nice to walk in the house and discover bugs stuck to your body. LOL
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    Ok. Sorry had a couple of late nights and didnt make it on here, You all have been busy took me a while to read back and catch up.

Killime -- We have WII fit, and it is ok, but if I do the wii I prefer the EA active sports, It is a much better work out. That said I only use it if I cant get outside or want to mix it up with my body.

My 1/7 was the Rock N Roll Dallas half marathon. Completed it in 3 hrs 28 mins. We were on target for about 3:15, but mom got sick, & I hung with her a bit, then she cramped up and stopped and had to be taken back to medical, so I went on with out her, She did manage to finish though.

Then 2/7 was a short walk/jog yesterday did 3.5 miles in 46 mins. Today is my break day, back at it again tomorrow.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    well... i really do think I need to talk hubby into getting an iphone, so I can take you with me... because when I am coming home thinking I will post.... i am just crawling in bed! LOL
    Monday was my first workout for the week, with 3 miles on elliptical, some upperbody weight training and I raked the side yard...which is about 1/2 acre... haha.. hubby mowed it the night before and it was quite long...left unsightly grass piles everywhere... doesn't really bother me, we live on a farm for goodness sake... but it bothers hubby, so I helped him out :bigsmile:
    Worked in my sewing room all day yesterday, but stopped in the evening for a walk.... wanted to run on treadmil...but my dog took off and I had to go looking for her, so...... plans changed and I ended up just walking before heading to the ballpark for my son's practice.

Today I plan on a run (short, maybe 3 miles) and some lower body work/abs and then a highschool baseball game tonight.... will try to post when I finish... if not I will first thing in the morning/
    I have just dance for the wii and have wore my HR monitor and if I do the "just sweat " songs , I can burn 300 calories in about 25 minutes...and i think it is fun... EVERYONE in the house akes fun of me... but hey, I say I am breaking a sweat and learning some moves:wink:
    Heather... YOur amazing....zumba at 39 weeks.... I am hoping baby arrives for you soon!
    Kmbrley...Great job to you and your Mom..... That rocks!
    Ivy, ice those knees girl and take it easy!!!
    Yuck..bugs! with our warm winter... I am worried there will be more all summer long!
    kilime50???? did I miss you??? If I didn't welcome you/....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck!
    off to work...everyone have a great day!!
  • busym0m
    Options
    2/7 mostly walking, but added bicep curls with resistance bands. I have had them for a while and this is the first time I have actually used them. Added in some stretches and core work. Does anyone on here use the Wii fit? I was thinking of picking one up, but there are so many of them advertised for sale on kijiji that I was wondering if it would be worth it.

I have wii fit and, although it's fun, it's not really great for exercising. If you do boxing or maybe a fast island run, you could burn some calories. Otherwise, I'd say it's more of a game and not so much of a good exercise routine.
  • busym0m
    Options
    I missed posting yesterday. I'm at 3/7. Today is a rest day. Yesterday was to be only cardio, but I just couldn't get into it so i did a level of 30 day shred. Happy hump day all!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Ok. Sorry had a couple of late nights and didnt make it on here, You all have been busy took me a while to read back and catch up.

Killime -- We have WII fit, and it is ok, but if I do the wii I prefer the EA active sports, It is a much better work out. That said I only use it if I cant get outside or want to mix it up with my body.

My 1/7 was the Rock N Roll Dallas half marathon. Completed it in 3 hrs 28 mins. We were on target for about 3:15, but mom got sick, & I hung with her a bit, then she cramped up and stopped and had to be taken back to medical, so I went on with out her, She did manage to finish though.

Then 2/7 was a short walk/jog yesterday did 3.5 miles in 46 mins. Today is my break day, back at it again tomorrow.
    That is sooo AWESOME!!!! Hat's off to both you AND your mom!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Today makes 4/7. I have been putting the time into the gym because next week is spring break and a wedding. I did 1 mile running. I am working on my speed, I am slow as a snail, however my endurance is great. I also did 20 miles cycling today. I did a circuit on my legs with a trainer.
  • vhuber
    Options
    My 4/7 was a 4 mile speed walk!
  • kilime50
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back on the Wii fit. guess I'll keep my money in my pocket for now!
    I am at 3/7 now, I did jumping jacks (modified for low impact), sit ups, lunges, squats and push-ups. I didn't know I still had muscles in those places!!! Ow!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 mile run yesterday and upper body work and abs

today warmup on elliptical and yogini..which is movin yoga poses

grandkids over...not much time to chat!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    4/7 walked 15 min outside 11 on treadmill was in the middle of kickbox when interrupted by 2 yr old who wanted to try it too. Finished 10 minute solutions 2 segments of kickbox and 1 segment carburner. I missed weights yesterday will do them later.
  • busym0m
    Options
    4/7 with extreme shed & shred and 90 minutes of gardening.