cottage cheese..what do do with it?!

Options

Replies

• ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese, but the fat free was blah by itself, so I just baked a medium sized potato, added fat free cheese, fat free sour cream, and fat free cottage cheese, a little bacon bits and had some cooked broccoli left over, so added that as well. It was yummy, didn't even notice the cottage cheese. (c:
  • Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEAS! BUMP
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1. On a baked potato instead of sour cream & then topped with salsa or spaghetti sauce! Yum!
    2. Mixed with canned pineapple tidbits or peach slices or halves. (Packed in own juice not light syrup)
    3. Plain.
    4. In lasagna.
    5. In pita pockets with red peppers, bean sprouts, lettuce & tomatoes.
  • skinnimarink
    skinnimarink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but if you blend it in a food processor it becomes a WONDERFUL substitute for cream cheese, and a great base for creamy dips/sauces. They sell smooth cottage cheese (basically what i just described but they do the work for you!) in South Africa, and when I discovered it there I was so so happy...and then so bummed when I couldn't find it in the states!

All you have to do is put it in a food processor for a minute. A blender might also work, but I haven't tried that :) And if you mix the smooth cottage cheese with greek yogurt and herbs, you get a delicious dip for veggies that is full of protein and low in calories!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I top a baked yam with fat free cottage cheese. Then I'll add a couple tablespoons of sugar-free maple syrup. It's wonderful!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • Genozid
    Genozid Posts: 30
    Options
    I take 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and mix in a crumbled Raspberry nutragrain bar for a nice <300 calorie snack. Keeps me satisfied, and helps me with the energy I need for my workouts :)
  • jennibell81
    Options
    Tomato and cottage cheese!! little salt and pepper....yummmmm
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    a quickie i make with cottage cheese is

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 tsp ( or to taste preference) cinnamon
    1/2 cut up apple
    1 packet equal or splenda

mix all together.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like to cut cup tomato, onion, and avocado and add it into cottage cheese with black pepper and a little salt. It's a seriously good lunch...
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    reminds me of vomit... lol
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Mix it with tuna and you'll have a very healthy tuna salad - it's really good on it's own or on crisp bread. Has lots of proteins and is very low in calories.
  • bestoffriends
    bestoffriends Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So how many calories would three pancakes be?
  • bestoffriends
    bestoffriends Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: Sorry how many calories in the three pancakes made of cottage cheese/egg whites ?
  • loischapman
    Options
    love this recipe...love cottage cheese!
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bump, cause I hate the taste but should probably be eating it!
  • kimlevin
    kimlevin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sea salt, pepper, and crackers. Man, I love cottage cheese. HAS to be small curd, though! The large curd texture gives me the willies.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I put cottage cheese on a toasted English muffin and drizzle honey on top...