How to avoid looking older after weight loss??

Options

Replies

• par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    Actually that sounds great! Will be looking that up now, thanks! :smile:
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, very helpfull. I just checked out those Face yoga & looks very interesting, will give it a try.
  • par57
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Happy Face Yoga DVD's or audio tapes?
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This it what I use:

Fish oil supplements (omega 3's)

Vitamin C supplements

Plenty of water

Oil of Olay age defying cream in a jar (have used this for the last 10-15 years and love it!)

Eat good fats like Olive oil, coconut oil and fatty foods like avacados and salmon or mackeral

Get enough sleep - this is the time the body and skin repairs itself.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great ideas from everyone.
  • par57
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks! Will be picking up that Oil of Olay today!!!
  • par57
    Options
    I love the Bio-Oil ; thanks for that suggestion :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Hang out with Seniors?

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Options
    Ask your dermatologist about retin-a cream for your face. It is a Rx. You DO have to wear sunscreen every day.
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to smile all the time to celebrate your success. Happy faces always look younger. Congratulations on your success and I hope to someday celebrate my own 50lb loss!
  • laurenlind
    Options
    I am not sure about the rest, but when it comes to skin, I absolutely SWEAR by Paula's Choice products. I have had various skin issues my whole life and her products are THE BEST.
    http://www.paulaschoice.com/

There are customer service reps that will be happy to help you find what is best for your skin issues. They also have a satisfaction guarantee. Hope this helps!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I lost mine a bit slower except for the first 20 and at that point I felt like my skin was a size too big, after 3 months of working out, (cardio, strength training, etc) my skin is slowly catching up. It does firm up after awhile, out body even over 50 still turns over the skin cells so just keep working out, but I would definitely consider slowing the weight loss down and let your body catch up. Good body lotions, I use a collagen base for face cream and a CoQ10 for the body cream, it has really helped my skin look much healthier. Oh and I drink a minimum of 10 cups of water a day, (some of that as unsweetened herb tea) and it has really helped, if I mess up my water I notice i don't look so good, lol.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know! I remember once reading that the one (or the only) good thing about being overweight is that it makes your face appear younger - probably because the fat smooths or stretches out the skin. But just remember, people won't notice that about you - they will notice how great you look because of the weight loss! We are our own worst critics! I bet you are beautiful! :smile:
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The fat in your face is what gives you a youthful appearance, after rapid weight loss or just through normal aging you lose some of that fat, which is why procedures like botox are so popular.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There is a product called Lifeline skincare that has been developed using stemcells that i have heard great things about. I intend to start using it when I'm in the market for more skincare creams (just recently spent a fortune on them through duty free before I heard of this product)... Google it and have a read but it could be worth a try as well.
  • par57
    Options
    Thanks; making a dermatology appt today :)
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have been mindful of that because I've seen happen even on younger folks. A few of weeks ago, I decided that I would lose weight more slowly, about 1/2 a pound a week so my body can adjust slowly. At our age, let's face it, we don't spring back like 20 year olds! I'm also drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and eating a variety of healthy, nutrient dense foods which are comprising 96% of my diet. Even my one little vise, a 6oz glass of wine (and no more than one daily) is said to be good for heart function.

I've lost 10 pounds now, far short of where you are to be sure, but so far, so good. I don't look any older than when I started.
  • par57
    Options
    :smile:
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    par57 Thanks for posting the subject, as I have a thin face already and wondering what - 20 is going to look like?
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have heard...that if you lose weight slowly...your body adapts better....instead of losing it faster ...so there is more lose skin, less elasticity...etc etc.