How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.
    Start with stiff legs and then cross over to traditional deadlift. IMO

Why?

There better be a good reason why I should train any differently because I lack a penis. I have no problem bucking a 130 pound bale of hay, why should I be modifying my weights?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who laughed at this dumb comment

I thought it was so "bro" that it wasn't even worth a comment. FFS . . .
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    F - 5'6" 150lbs - 95 lbs for 3 x10

Just started NROLW a couple weeks ago, so buidling up. Need to get some chalk because my grip was slipping a bit this morning.

Look above, try a mixed grip. Make sure that you're gym allows chalk (many don't). I bought those grip flexers (with the springs) to help me work on my grip strength.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    140kg at 72.5kg (307lbs at 159lbs) Post marathon all i want to do is grow my big three. So i will!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'', 130ish lbs and as of this morning can deadlift reps of 155.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    5'8"/female/160# 1RM 320#

Just keep going and keep working it. Don't be afraid to load up more weight and challenge yourself BUT always keep good form.

I use a mixed grip, left hand facing out.

You are my hero.....I'm just saying.....
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Just started NROLW a couple weeks ago, so buidling up. Need to get some chalk because my grip was slipping a bit this morning.

Look above, try a mixed grip. Make sure that you're gym allows chalk (many don't). I bought those grip flexers (with the springs) to help me work on my grip strength.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I workout at home so don't have to worry about that, just have to worry about my kids getting into it! :laugh:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried in a few weeks, but I am F/28 and I deadlift 115lbs, which is around my body weight, for 3 sets of about 6-8 reps...

Not sure what my 1RM is. My grip is pretty weak though :(

Love the deadlift!! :D
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8/F/172lbs been lifting for about 3 months and my 1RM is 175lbs.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Eh, I might as well chime in.

I am of the XY Chromosome Variety (Male)
    I have been trying hard to increase but right now I am only 5ft 10.5 inches tall.
    I weight 187.25lbs

I just started heavy lifting this year ( <---excuse for being wimpy). My 1RM is 210.
    And I am old (another excuse for being wimpy.)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.

Why?

There better be a good reason why I should train any differently because I lack a penis. I have no problem bucking a 130 pound bale of hay, why should I be modifying my weights?

ETA: I'm 5'6"/137 and my previous 1RM was 175 - but I started SL so I'm back down to 80 (and building)

Because we are weak little things and we could hurt ourself. Know your place woman!!!!:angry::angry: :angry:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ladies

Sir
    I have a nice, stiff leg I'd like to share with you and your opinion.

Ladies
    if you want to deadlift, I suggest you deadlift, because deadlifting will get you used to deadlifting.

5'5" 120ish DL@180
  • Addison550
    Options
    5' 10"
    Male
    202 pounds - 14%bf
    455 dead-lift
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My 1 max Deadlift up to date (as of yesterday actually!) is 235lb =) I plan on increasing 10lb in 2-3 weeks!

When I do reps of 10-15 I usually do 165-175ish.

Deadlifts are my fave!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Agreed about the mixed group! it might make a huge difference. I utilize it!
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    I did Romanian Deadlifts this morning. I weigh 135lbs, 5'4", Female. My highest RDL was 115#, 5 reps. Last time I did regular deadlifts, I think it was 135lbs 5 reps. I think I could do more, but even with a mixed grip I can't keep my grip. Have to work on my forearms!:smile:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Working sets with 105lbs, 1RM of 140lbs. I'm 5'5"/132lb/F. I use gloves; need to give the mixed grip thing a try.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Inspiring reading everyone's postings. I am female, 5'8", 143, and was happy to be up to 95 lbs in my third set today. Slow but steady...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    40 y.o. female, 5'6", 170's, my deadlift is 245lbs
  • gadzukks
    gadzukks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    F-5'6/148/DL 305 (max).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Ladies

Why?

ETA: I'm 5'6"/137 and my previous 1RM was 175 - but I started SL so I'm back down to 80 (and building)

well i don't know about you, but sometimes my fallopian tubes get in the way when i bend over.

seriously... i read somewhere that wearing gloves could also get in the way of a good grip when you're doing deadlifts. i'm doing them again on sunday so i'll try a combo of no gloves, hook grip, mixed grip etc. hopefully this time i wont have as much forearm paim the next day