How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Most I've loaded onto the bar (before my gym got olympic bars - yay) was 180kg(400lbs). 3 reps at that weight before my left hand gave way. Was using a mixed grip. Hoping with the new Olympic bars and bigger plates to go for a 200kg(440) lift soon.

Edit: 5'9", 270lbs.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

seriously... i read somewhere that wearing gloves could also get in the way of a good grip when you're doing deadlifts.

they do.
    don't wear gloves.
    you can hook grip or go over/under if your grip is giving out.
    gloves are stupid.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.
    Start with stiff legs and then cross over to traditional deadlift. IMO

Why?

There better be a good reason why I should train any differently because I lack a penis. I have no problem bucking a 130 pound bale of hay, why should I be modifying my weights?

ETA: I'm 5'6"/137 and my previous 1RM was 175 - but I started SL so I'm back down to 80 (and building)

well i don't know about you, but sometimes my fallopian tubes get in the way when i bend over.

seriously... i read somewhere that wearing gloves could also get in the way of a good grip when you're doing deadlifts. i'm doing them again on sunday so i'll try a combo of no gloves, hook grip, mixed grip etc. hopefully this time i wont have as much forearm paim the next day

I am not sexist nor do I think woman should train any different then men.
    And to prove it, my wife trains identical to me, and shes a newb.

I was speaking to woman on this thread who didn't do deads or didn't know about deads and how they can start slowly and ramp up. That was for men too
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.

Man or woman I'd start them with rack pulls instead of sldls.

Are you a trainer? Then yes I would agree
    I also would agree that rack pulls are an advanced persons exercise
    What would you do for male or femal who go by themselves, just saying. Easy in, its always best. Rome wasn't built in a day
  • coquette87
    coquette87 Posts: 114
    Options
    5'0", 122lbs. I've been doing NROL4W for about 2 and a half weeks, so still new to lifting. Today I did 2 sets of 12 at 50lbs. All the ladies who lift heavy on here are an inspiration and I can't wait to be posting numbers like you ladies!
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    Ladies

Why?

There better be a good reason why I should train any differently because I lack a penis. I have no problem bucking a 130 pound bale of hay, why should I be modifying my weights?

ETA: I'm 5'6"/137 and my previous 1RM was 175 - but I started SL so I'm back down to 80 (and building)

Your a little hyper sensitive here. I mean you rip me up for saying you don't have a penis and then in the next sentence say exactly what I said to do. A SLDL

I grew up with 5 woman, your barking at the wrong tree
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ladies

Why?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who laughed at this dumb comment

lmao i'm not modifying my DL because i have boobs. It's ok, i'll stick to the regular deadlift, i have good form, and a spotter to tell me if i'm off.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Deads are 5@435 and Squats 3-4@435 max* but to be frank as long as I am strong and i get the build I want I could care less if I am doing 200lbs for each.

5'11" @ 192lbs.

And for Mfredo....you shouldn't of even gone there.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I rep 315 x 5

Max is 495
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    Deads are 5@435 and Squats 3-4@435, those are my maxes but to be frank as long as I am strong and i get the build I want I could care less if I am doing 200lbs for each.

And for Mfredo....you shouldn't of even gone there.

Well she felt comfy asking me to explain myself so I thought I would. She sent me a personal message
    So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being painted

Althought I feel you are correct! But I got 3 bad *kitten* sisters who can vouch for me!!!!
    They pull more then hay!
    lol
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've got some questions for you. Are you male/female? Height/Weight? How much can you deadlift? I am currently f/5'6/200lbs and I'm deadlifting 90lbs. I want to lift heavier but how much heavier?

Female. 5' 3.75", 160 lbs, DL 135#. Just keep increasing weight gradually. I started at 65 lbs 9 months ago.

edit to add: That's at 5x5
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    sorry but it's not my job to lift the wounded off the ground that's the corpsman
    1329737320_troll_face_gag.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Ladies

Why?

Your a little hyper sensitive here. I mean you rip me up for saying you don't have a penis and then in the next sentence say exactly what I said to do. A SLDL

I grew up with 5 woman, your barking at the wrong tree

Yes, we do occasionally get a little "sensitive" :sad: when you say "ladies you should do x" instead of "beginners, you should do x." If you look one applies to "ladies" and the other applies to "beginners" general.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    sweet, i'm totally upping my weights on sunday then...i don't feel i'm getting what i should be out of 90lbs...i'm a strong girl, and should be able to hack more than 90lbs. I mix grip too, and my hands sweat like mad so i have to make sure i have a good grip on the bar. My gym doesn't allowe chalk either. Thanx for the heads up on the gloves, i thought because my hands sweat so bad that gloves might help, but i'm just going to carry a towel around with me lol. Thanx for the info guys...i hope to be joining the heavy lifters one day.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am at 195*8 right now, don't really feel like progressing heavier, I still get a lot of good strength development with this weight/rep range, then again my back development is pretty much where I want it, I'd be lying if I said I was lifting to only lift heavier, a lot of my lifting is for aesthetics and I do powerlifting one time per month now where I'll go into my 1RM (230 dl) weights to see progress. My squats are honestly horrendous. LOL Only 170*6. :D
  • cab413
    cab413 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use a 15lb bar with 35lb weights, I have a trainer so be sure tomake sure your form is correct or you can really hurt your back
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Female/ 4'11/ 98 pounds/ deadlifting 95 pounds

Dam girlll get it!!!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'0", 110 pounds... I generally lift 115-125 pounds when doing multiple reps.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Just add 10 or 20 lbs each time you pull until you get where you want to be.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I've got some questions for you. Are you male/female? Height/Weight? How much can you deadlift? I am currently f/5'6/200lbs and I'm deadlifting 90lbs. I want to lift heavier but how much heavier?

Female.

5 foot 3 inches.

190 lbs.

Deadlifting 115lbs, 8 reps, 3 times. Probably could go higher, but lack the grip strength right now. Working on strengthening the hands.

I've been lifting 2 or 3 times a week since mid January. I started out struggling with the bar, so I'm happy with the improvements.