How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'11"@215. I'm doing 275 1x5.
    Although I was told my form was off the other day, so I may back down a bit to readjust.

What percentage of deadlift can you straight leg? If you could dead 200 would stiff be like 160?
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    46 year old woman with a 210# 1 rep max. I ♥♥♥ dead lifts sooooo much. 5'2, 115-120 pounds.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.
    Start with stiff legs and then cross over to traditional deadlift. IMO

Stiff legged deads work the lower back and hamstrings. I see straight legged deads and normal deads (especially if you sumo) as two completely different exercises.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    The most I'll go is about 315lbs (I weigh 175lbs) as that's the max amount I'll do w/o a belt. And I lose my grip after about 2 reps anyway. Need some chaulk
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Remember ladies, be sure to always use proper form on your lifts!

rounded_spine_pickup.jpg
  • dokihara
    dokihara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Male, 186#. My work sets are usually around 225 ~ 275. I'm shooting for 315 eventually, (just squatted that!) but I'm taking it easy as I have a L4/L5 disc herniation from 2008. Yes, you can recover without surgery! and YES you can still deadlift!!
  • Camshaft84
    Camshaft84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Male
    5'4"
    170lbs
    Deadlift Max 305lbs.

Form is everything.
    Take your time at lower weights to learn the proper way to deadlift.
    Don't do deadlifts more than twice a week.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My highest so far is 150lbs. But... not with perfect form! I deloaded and back down to 130lbs while I work on correcting the rounded back.

Height 5'7", 132lbs.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.
    Start with stiff legs and then cross over to traditional deadlift. IMO

Why?

There better be a good reason why I should train any differently because I lack a penis. I have no problem bucking a 130 pound bale of hay, why should I be modifying my weights?

ETA: I'm 5'6"/137 and my previous 1RM was 175 - but I started SL so I'm back down to 80 (and building)

Your a little hyper sensitive here. I mean you rip me up for saying you don't have a penis and then in the next sentence say exactly what I said to do. A SLDL

I grew up with 5 woman, your barking at the wrong tree

When she said 'I started SL' in the last line, she may have been referring to StrongLifts. :flowerforyou:
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Male, 186#. My work sets are usually around 225 ~ 275. I'm shooting for 315 eventually, (just squatted that!) but I'm taking it easy as I have a L4/L5 disc herniation from 2008. Yes, you can recover without surgery! and YES you can still deadlift!!

It is highly unusual to squat more than you DL. Are you doing deep squats?

6'1
    DL:315
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mine is 160# - I have been Crossfitting for about 8 months and started at 80 - 90 pounds. All of the other women that I workout with have crossed 200# and are a few months ahead of me in the process. Deadlift 1 RM seems to increase quicker than most lifts especially at the beginning. Definitely watch your form, bad DL can do a number on your back.
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 140lbs. I usually do sets with 70lb, but I feel like I could go much heavier. I have a really hard time keeping a good grip on the 70lb bar and I'm usually only stopping because I feel like I'm going to accidentally drop it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    5'3, 135ish (haven't been on the scale in awhile), I did 1x5 of 135lbs this morning. I don't know my 1RM.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    5'8" female, 180 lbs, and my max DL is 185.

I can do 135 in 8x3's.

Max squat is 135 lbs. I probably could do more, but I don't trust my form enough just yet.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ok now I feel like a looser. I'm only at 100lbs, but I started with the bar 5 weeks ago, so that's progress.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to get back into the weights again. I am just finishing up a program, so maybe do stronglifts for a while. I will have to see.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options

It is highly unusual to squat more than you DL. Are you doing deep squats?

6'1
    DL:315

I squat more than I deadlift. Squat 120lb deadlift 100 lb
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know next Friday. Did 185 lb. Rack Pull today. Bar was only maybe 6-8 inches higher than a Pull from the floor.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'8", 146 lbs., 205 lbs. for 3 reps.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    5'3.5" female @ 145 lbs. my last was 135 lbs, I had to use mixed grip and could only do 3 reps before losing my grip, i hate deadlifts, but I love squats and it's prob weird that I squat 175 and still can't deadlift 1x body weight, so I keep trying.