Poll: Would you drive 1000 miles for a sure thing?

Options
Cameron_1969
Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
Let's just say this sure thing is HOT, funny, and just downright awesome!

Replies

• DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Me, personally...I wouldn't. I have a lot going on right now though. Just me.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    no way. i did drive 250 miles for a good thing.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    If it was a sure thing, you wouldn't have to ask ;)

Really though... highly doubtful. Unless 1000 miles was halfway in between, in which case it would show that she's into it as much as you are.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I might. Maybe if they meet me half way? Depends on how desperate i was at the time lol
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Would this sure thing be someone you've met before or is this the first time? Have you talked on the phone?

In my experience there is a LOT that is missing when it's not face to face.... you may go a loooonnnnnggggggggg way for some major heartbreak.

And with gas at $4+/gallon, you might be out a nice wad 'o cash as well.
  • RainAndPain
    Options
    Lololol no.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel a Vanessa Carlton song coming on...
  • amelie2011
    amelie2011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Maybe that hot thing can meet me half way!?
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Definitely not 1000...maybe 300 and only if was going to be a weekend filled with major under the covers activities.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Not even 100 miles. LOL
  • cmel6334
    cmel6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Yes. I think. haha
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I might fly :love:
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door

:laugh:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I once drove 415 miles for three and a half hours of mindblowingly awe-tastic nookarific rutting and then turned around and drove 415 miles back home.
  • NathanJ79
    NathanJ79 Posts: 36
    Options
    I drove ~3500 miles for a sure thing, and we've been married almost 6 years. LONG story short, we met online (on a forum for a rock group) and were friends for about 2 years before we started talking about stuff like meeting. I mean, we just thought each other were really cool and kept winding up in the same conversations with much the same point of view (but not always). She flew me out to meet her, I flew her out to see me, and we went in on my ticket to see her place one last time -- on her visit, she had decided to move in with me. But on the third visit, I decided to move in with her instead. So I did. Threw everything I owned in an 18-year-old Honda, wrapped things up, and drove from one side of the United States to the other. I was actually able to transfer at my job, so I kept my seniority level and benefits, so that was cool.

It isn't for everybody so don't take my success story to think that it is. But it can work, and has.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Would this sure thing be someone you've met before or is this the first time? Have you talked on the phone?

In my experience there is a LOT that is missing when it's not face to face.... you may go a loooonnnnnggggggggg way for some major heartbreak.

And with gas at $4+/gallon, you might be out a nice wad 'o cash as well.

Lets just say that you have spoken with this theoretical person on the phone, but have not met in person. . However you have seen a lot of pics of them. . but they've only seen two pics of you. . Just theoretically. .
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Probably not, with a kid involved and all.... lots of risk involved. But then, I'm a girl, and safety would be a top priority. You being a guy are at least somewhat less likely to be being set up.

I know people who've done it, and been successful. I also know someone who pulled up roots, destroyed their family and crossed the country to meet "the ONE"... only to find out they'd completely been had.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    I once drove 415 miles for three and a half hours of mindblowingly awe-tastic nookarific rutting and then turned around and drove 415 miles back home.

Dude. . how fast do you drive!!