Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 in May, single with no kids!

Feel free to Friend me anyone!!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    40- in October.
    no husband.
    no kids.
    no cat named fluffy.
    no dog named spot.
    i did have a fish named elvis. he died. thanks for bringing it up.
    *eyes welling up with tears* sometimes when i flush i can hear "heartbreak hotel".

=)
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    36 and no kids. No not rare. My parents hate it but I love it!

i'm the same, 36 dont want kids... the only thing i feel bad about is my mom isnt going to be a grandma, and she would be a really good one... shes got lots of grandnieces and nephews to spoil.. thats almost the same

38, 39 this year, no kids, never having any, luckily my boyfriend (yeah I know but I hate partner lol) feels the same. Feel sorry for my mum, I'm an only child and she loves, loves, loves children, still not gonna change my mind :smile:
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in May and have been with my husband for 12+ years. We never wanted kids and made it official a few months ago with his vasectomy. Whoot, Whoot!

My parents have 9 grandkids but they were still holding out hope for us. Yes, I did disappoint them once again.
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We should start a group for 40+ women, single and no kids.

I fall into this bracket, and I don't even have a cat.

I love this! This demographic does have a tendency to own cats.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I've been saying I don't want kids since I was about 14. Nobody believed me then but they are starting to now that I am 40!

Same here, in fact I still sometimes get told 'you'll change your mind one day' :laugh:

Nice to see so many of us on here. I've always been made to feel weird because I've never wanted kids. One place I used to work I heard a rumour that I couldn't have kids and everyone should not mention kids to me because it would upset me. When I asked someone where this rumour started I was told 'We just assumed you couldn't because you don't have any' :huh:

Oh, I can SOOO relate to that! It's amazing how much misplaced sympathy I get. Usually I come back with, "I tried to get a tubal when I was 18 but they made me wait until I was 27 - and it was STILL a fight!" :)
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options

I love this! This demographic does have a tendency to own cats.

For the record, the only reason I have cats, aside from loving them, is you don't need to take them for walks and they are ok with being left alone for a little while(I work a lot and with no s/o)........independent, like me :)
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    turning 40 this year. NO kids, unless you count fur-kids (two wiener dogs) and married 16+ years.
    I only have one friend on here (& she's a sweetheart) basically because I am focused on my own stuff and haven't really sought out any. I focus on exercise, diary and I log in every day several times a day. I don't comment alot or check out others stuff. Anyways anyone can feel free to add me. I'll send a friendly hello once in a while....
    :happy:
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    40 this summer and no kids too! Turns out we are not so rare! :)
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options

Count me in!
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Lol! Ditto!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I feel like im going to be in this group 7 years from now!!!
  • lisaleone71
    Options
    Turned 40 in September. No kids, and a relationship that I think the social networking site "it's complicated" status was designed for :) I do have two cats, but to be fair, I've had them since I was 28... Feel free to friend me, I tried to friend a few people and can't get it to work.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I'm in my mid-60s and decided not to have children before I ever left home.

Had a few husbands. Found out I not only didn't want children; I didn't really want a husband either. Of course after being divorced for 35 years, I have been taking care of my 2nd ex-husband for the past 7 years. I'm still wondering how I let that happen. Guess I wasn't doing anything anyway. :laugh:
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    40 and childless... yep! that's me! Which is just how I like it :)
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 37, married for 9 yrs and childfree by choice.
    Wouldn't have it any other way. :bigsmile:
  • knew71
    knew71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 40, happily married and we are child-free by choice. We just bought a new house and received a few "plenty of room for babies" comments. We just look at each other and think "plenty of room for whatever we want!"

So great to see so many women responding to this post. I think it might have potential to be a different group than the non-mom group.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    44 and no kids! Happy about it too :tongue:
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am 40, happily married and we are child-free by choice. We just bought a new house and received a few "plenty of room for babies" comments. We just look at each other and think "plenty of room for whatever we want!"

So great to see so many women responding to this post. I think it might have potential to be a different group than the non-mom group.

Why does every one think kids make a home complete? For me and my hubby its our always over adored kitty and she deserves all the love we give her :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    mid-30s and no kids...never will have kids

My husband and I are child free by choice.