weight loss inspired tattoo

Options

Replies

• julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I already have a lot of tattoos and I am itching for another. A weight loss tattoo sounds like a good excuse to go and get one now... I have 8 lbs to go to my goal.

Ooo, I forgot I lost a pound! 7 to go...

I like the idea of trees, symbolising growth.

I have seen a beautiful tattoo that I want. It is on both forearms, on one arm it has a vintage style birdcage with the door open and on the other arm it has the bird flying away. I'd have to adapt it though as I already have a full right forearm. I think this would be perfect for a weight loss tattoo... *GOES TO CHECK BANK ACCOUNT*
  • bquillen
    bquillen Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing about the dandelion...i seen a picture and loved it.....I already have a butterfly on my right ankle i got as my "turned 18 and can get a tattoo" tattoo...and I have Crush the sea turtle from Finding Nemo on my left calf....but I love everybodies suggestions and wish the best of luck to everyone losing weight....
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    You know how people get little ribbons just round a wrist or ankle? How about a measuring tape? haha that sounds silly but I bet it would look good when drawn by a professional :P
    Or how about a little dumbell/bike/some other sport or fitness that you used on your journey (if you did)?

That's a lovely idea :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Hmm, I have five tattoos already, but I have a pheonix planned to go on my hip. I think I might get that when I lose this weight, as it'll look better, and for all that the pheonix represents, the weight loss fits into that.

I think there's a few good ideas in here, OP, I don't really have anything to contribute x

ETA; Actually, I do have a contribution. I want to get my hip, waist and bust measurements when I lose weight, right in my waist.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I saw someone say they wanna get their puppy's paw prints. That's so cool - I have a dog, cat and two rabbits and want all their paw prints. I just haven't gotten round to doing it.

I do already have a paw print on my right arm, but it's a generic one. It's still my favourite tattoo, though :-)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Haven't you ever noticed how many women get butterflies?

Yep. Hence why I'll never get one. Or stars. Or cliche quotes. They've just become really common now, and I like my tattoos to be personal and one in a million (so far, so good. Apart from my ying yang on my ankle - doh!)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    7038285713_8ff6f8e00a_m.jpg

That's one of my wrist tattoos. It needs a bit of touching on the thought bubble, but it's one of my favourites. You could do something like this. Perhaps your start weight, with your goal/current weight in the thought bubble and the birds flying out getting from fat to thin?

Or is that a rubbish idea? LOL.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    "Sexy and I know it"

lololol

But in all seriousness, get whatever speaks to you and feels right.

I have three tattoos, I'm thinking about getting one after my journey too.

:)
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    What does v2.0 mean?
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I actually plan on getting my puppys paw prints when I get down to a lower weight, since he'll be my running buddy when I'm finally fit enough to run! I'll be getting them done on my left hip!

Oooh! That'll be really cute!!!!

I love puppy paw prints :3 I have some on my shoulder >.<
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are so many tattoos I want in addition to my nine!

I want a feather on my ribs and a half-sleeve/back piece. Both only when I'm down to a sexy weight! I'd also love something on my hip. Perhaps the words 'The purpose of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought.'
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    What does v2.0 mean?

Version 2.0 - like the upgraded version, better, faster and stronger than before.

I REALLY love the v2.0 idea... XD
  • CaitlinFrost
    Options
    As words
    'Without Struggle there is no success'
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to get a lotus flower on my wrist. It represents rebirth and enlightenment which would be appropriate for the journey one takes to lose weight.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo to commemorate my weight loss. It's script that wraps around my back from one breast to the other. Go big or go home, haha. I've never regretted it, and it'll always be a constant reminder that I can do anything. I have no suggestions other than make it something personal to you (mine is my favorite quote from the _Aeneid_ [yeah, I have funny interests])...though the weight loss is personal, you may want to have something that doesn't necessarily scream, "HEY! I LOST A TON OF WEIGHT!".
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Im a bit unsure of tatoos - my older memories are of crappy faded green ink roses - hate them. But I love really dark black ink ones

A mate who has them explained about them signifying a change in your life and I have warmed to them because of that

Not sure I will ever actually get but option 1 is a kind of bacon branding that says "100% British Beef"... ie not 100% FAT!!! lol

but more realistically a Celtic Aries on my shoulder as the star sign VERY much captures my attitude and personality
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a complete butterfly thing, not even just cliche butterfly prints, but I kinda like reading up and stuff (as a child I kept a catapillar in a fishbowl to watch it grow and change (obviously I fed it leaves and stuff and released it after!)) but SO many people have one it puts me off.

I'm tempted to get one when I get there, but I've got a lot of time to think about it.
    Love the dandilion thing!
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Ive not got any but must admit I have thought about getting one if i got down to the weight i want to be, but for now its just a thought :-)
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I already have a bunch of tattoos on my arms, legs and chest. I'm saving my whole back, though. I want an amazing whole back piece and I'm waiting till I have a pretty, flat back to put it on. Once that's done, I better never gain weight ever again so I don't ruin it.
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am getting a rendition of the Incredible Hulk on my ribs :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!