Eating Disorder Recovery (A Different Sort of Success Story)

Options

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! And you have a glorious smile!!

Well done on all your hard work and achievements and I look forward to seeing that smile again further down the line in more posts!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think you're beautiful, just from the picture. Then I read what you wrote and now I have to add STUNNING to the beautiful.

Thank you for sharing. Peace and blessings to you, dear.
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like your story and your smile, love from the Netherlands :)
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You are very beautiful. I'm glad you are doing better and that recovery is helping.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I love hearing this type of success story!!! Congrats on all of your progress towards recovery!!
  • acmpenguin
    acmpenguin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I never could have anticipated receiving such strong response to this message!

To be honest, I teared up while writing the post and flat out cried while reading these comments & the private messages I've received. I shared my story not in search of flattery and compliments (but thank you!), but rather so anyone experiencing something similar would know that they are not alone. The support available on this website is phenomenal and has been instrumental in my recovery.

If anyone is ever struggling in a similar way, be it an eating disorder or struggling to love yourself, feel free to reach out to me - I will gladly help anyone to the best of my abilities. :)

(I'm about to graduate with a degree in health promotion, so believe it or not, I actually do have some abilities beyond my own experience!)
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    You're doing amazing! Best of luck on your journey, and although I do not know you and we've never met, I am proud of you for taking steps to make yourself healthy once again--physically, mentally, and emotionally.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story...you are truly inspiring. You have a beautiful smile!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And u r beautiful!!!! Every girl needs to hear that every day and u truly are. Keep ur ur hard work!

(((((hugs)))))
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You are a goddess. Don't let the voice in your head tell you otherwise.

^ I agree with this.

You're an inspiration! If I could, I'd give you a huge hug. :)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Thank you for having the strength to take that first step into recovery, and thank you for having the strength and courage to share your story! You're such an inspiration.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    Congratulations and keep going!
  • lizzielou67
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.

You told a big lie though . . . you said you are average. You are NOT. You are beautiful and that smile is so awesome that it made my computer screen brighter! You are STRONG! You are beating back this eating disorder demon with that strength. That makes you a lot more than "average."

Congrats on moving into recovery. I'm happy for you!! Keep up the good work in keeping those voices inside your head quiet. If they won't stop talking, re-read what your wrote here along with all the replies and messages you received.

Keep loving yourself! You can do it! We all believe in you!
  • tyleralston
    Options
    You have truly inspired me with this story and I struggle with my weight everyday, when things are going horible with me I tend to want to just eat anything in sight. I decided to try this calorie idea with my friend and sister and weekends are so much harder for me and I feel like this is such a battle. I am very determined to do this and have lost 4 pounds in the last week and exercising every day. Reading everyones feedbacks help alot to so that I don't make the same mistakes that some do, so this really helps. By your picture you are a very beautiful women and you look fabulous, so keep your head up and keep going lady:) Prayers are with you!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    what a gorgeous smile! Thank you for sharing your story and congrats on your road to recovery!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your recovery and you are gorgeous dear.
  • pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think you look so pretty in that picture.. your like a breath of fresh air with that smile.. And so happy for your recovery. Keep smiling!!! You are doing wonderful.
  • juliegin
    juliegin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on overcoming this struggle! Your story is very inspiring, and I am so happy for you! I agree with what everyone is saying, you look beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!