I don't have a single tattoo

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm naked too. I mean... I don't have any either. :tongue:

I was going to get one until I realized everyone had one. Quickest way to change my mind. My friend has the most beautiful tattoo ever, so I just admire hers.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    oh just do it! if your freaked out by regretting it later just get it in a spot that is easily covered. but definately pick something that represents you.... i have six so far individually but four of them are going to be all in one big upperback piece. slowly working on it. planning on adding to it as one of my weight loss goals!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Get that full-back mural of Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson that you've always wanted.

Then go shirtless at a Slayer concert.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I didn't either until 2 weeks ago. :) I decided to have a tattoo in memory of my grandmother who passed in 2010. I thought about it and looked for months before narrowing it down to a few I liked. I got a silhouette of a hummingbird on my arm and once it was on, I wasn't sure if I loved it. Yesterday I went to a friend of mine who adjusted it. He made the beak longer and added flowers. Now, I am so much happier.

Here's a before and after:
    beforeandafter.jpg

-Sherry
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    What should I do?

keep it that way.
    this
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Don't get a tattoo just for the sake of getting a tattoo. Get one that's going to mean something so you don't regret it later
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't have any either, but I'm a huge gamer nerd, and I'm sure if I got one it would be something related, and I would regret it when I'm 70 lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Get that full-back mural of Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson that you've always wanted.

Then go shirtless at a Slayer concert.
    Wait, you stole that from my answer to the "what is your dream reward for reaching your goal" thread!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    If you do get one, make sure you get one you won't regret, like this awesome one.

D91JT.jpg
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I suggest a tramp stamp, some generic tribal design, and/or your lover's name...winners!!! :laugh:
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    Keep it that way!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Some tats are amazing, but most are a gaudy blot on what was once smooth and natural (beautiful) skin. They are not for me. The natural beauty of skin trumps ink. And there is always the chance the tattoo artist can't spell and you walk out with an elaborate winged creature clothed in flowing black robes holding a scythe and having a skull for a head, and the name emblazoned on your chest is "ANGLE OF DEATH." Forever.
  • roycelynberry
    roycelynberry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No self portrait as in he took a photo of each of our kids at age 4 months professional photos and had that photo tattooed on his arm (face shots and there name under) and on each arm

Me neither but my hubby has 9. 4 of them self portraits of our kiddos which I love but I am a total baby when it comes to getting 1 and so have chickened out every time had 4 kids but too scared of getting a tat. lol
    wait. self portraits imply that the kids drew them? Is that right? you probably won't even look at this thread again and I will always wonder:huh:
    [/quote]
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Tatt-less. It's the new WEIRD! I feel so 'edgy' and 'street.'
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    No self portrait as in he took a photo of each of our kids at age 4 months professional photos and had that photo tattooed on his arm (face shots and there name under) and on each arm
    ok, that's good:happy:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I want one that is a cross, that has a banner draped over it with the tails saying FROG's PUSH (which stands for Fully Rely On God, and Pray Until Something Happens), on my left shoulder blade (so its behind my heart) but I'm a chicken
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Face tatt.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who had two demons tatooed on his forearms. . He was a computer programmer (!). . Anyway. . I just had an image of him trying to explain that to St. Peter. .
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    We have a rule about tattoos in our house (for those who don't already have one): Think about something you want and keep that idea in your head for one year. If you still like that idea one year later - go get it.

This!! In my case, i had the image as the background on my computer screeen for something like 4 years before I got my tat. I LOVE it. i've also used it as my avatar on many message board over the years. This way you don't wind up like the lady I met at work yesterday with the word Co*k in caligraphy with flowers around it on yor arm *headdesk*

I have 3, my next one will be a reward for reaching my goal weight. It used to be a reward for paying off all my debts, but by the time i did that I was fat - so new goal set.

If you're not feeling it don't do it though. having no tats is not strange at all.

As to the pain... Have you ever had anything waxed? I find a Bikini wax to be FAR FAR more painful then any of my tats.
  • ckneasel
    ckneasel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i recently got my first tattoo after a long time of wanting one... this was probably prompted by my recent venture back into my training... wanted to be able to show it off, so i figured i gotta get fit...

upper arm is not a bad place to get a first tat... was pretty smooth...

not sure how to post a pic here, or i'd post it up for ya...