Any girls with fat thighs have success stories?

Options
I was 185 pounds in january and im now 165 but i dont really see alot of diffrence i mean yea my clothes have gotten alot bigger n droped like three sizes but ugh i still feel fat, especially since im a pear shaped i have a big but and thighs alot of celluite n i cant wear short skirts or shorts :(, even tho i dont look fat i look thick cuz i kinda wear my weight well but still it makes me sad that i cant show off my legs, so if lose more weight will my legs eventually look better? any girls going though this?

Replies

• jennyerkes
    Options
    When you find out I would love to know as well! I have the same issue!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything off my thighs for a long time. All off my stomach first. It took getting to 120 pounds before they started to shrink a little. Just have to be patient! It will happen
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I feel like you are talking about me! My thighs were definitely big when I was at 185 (the exact weight I was when I joined MFP)!! I felt like they were still huge (I am 139 now) until the other day when I realized that I can get both hands around the lower portion of my thigh and my fingers touch! I was so shocked. My quads and hamstrings are pretty well developed so I have always had naturlly bigger thighs! I am feeling confident enough to wear some shorts this year! :) You will get there!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    same here.. the best advice I can give you is weight training... work your legs out, there is no such thing as spot training but you can definatelly tone the heck out of your legs and make them look wonderful... continue your diet continue your excersice, but add "leg day"
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Bump! Would love to see success pics!
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yayyy theres hope out there :D lol
  • ast219
    ast219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs, dropped several sizes, and I'm still not ready for shorts or short skirts yet! I don't have long legs or a long torso, and my inner thighs and tummy are my problem areas! The problem areas seem to always be the last to go! I feel your pain!!
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    Biking, dropped the fat on my legs. I am still thunder thighs and have over 30 plus pounds to go but biking has worked the best for me and I am not jiggling anymore.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Took forever for mine to start shrinking too. They JUST started to lose a little but still have a ways to go =[
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

I agree! I still have a ways to go, but I have been doing the 200 squats program [http://www.twohundredsquats.com/] and my thighs are down over inches! (and I have had big thighs since I don't know maybe age 6?)

Definitely start doing them, they help a lot! And squats actually help protect your knees by developing the muscles around them making exercise easier. Oh and it helps with balance.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Even at my fittest, I had what my family (not so) affectionately referred to as Thunder Thighs, to add to the matter, I also have a "bubble butt". So, it really depends on what your natural musculature is like, at my fittest, my thunder thighs were solid muscle, and they were thick.
    I wish I had appreciated them...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah, after reading more posts I should have indicated that a major amount of my thigh slimming happened after I started lifting weights regularly!
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've only lost 13 lbs so far but it's basically ALL from my butt and thighs- as far as exercise- I've been running, doing zumba, and strength training. I have a progress picture after two months of progress- message me if you need anything else! :D
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have a ways to go also, but I think my bikini pic isnt too bad and I actually like my legs now! when you look at the blk dress from before and then from friday nights pic in front of the china hutch, you can tell that heavy lifting has really done good things for my legs!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    me toooo I have some fat *kitten* thighs
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Also pear-shaped, and I've lost around ten pounds, but it seems to be coming off my ribs, sides and boobs... :( When I started exercising (30 Day Shred particularly) I noticed my thighs got a tiny bit slimmer.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started at about 170, I'm down just under 150 now, and although my thighs and calves are *better*, they are still nothing I want anybody to see. I hate it. I keep thinking that if I lose 20 more pounds, *surely* at least some of it will come off of my legs, but I'm not sure any of the first 20 did! It's depressing sometimes.
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I started at 170 pounds and my thighs were huge. I didn't see a difference in them until I got to around 145 pounds. Now I'm at 130 pounds and they are finally starting to slim down more. I'll have to get to 120 pounds to have them thin, how I'd like them. There is no trick - a sustained caloric deficit will slim them down eventually.