How long do you wait before you log a loss???!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I log almost daily. I know everyone says not to, but I feel a I get a more accuarate reading (average) for that week than only weighing myself once a week.

I've also taught myself not to freak out if I gained because fluxuation is normal.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Every Thursday morning right after I weigh in.
  • Jeslynn81
    Jeslynn81 Posts: 25
    Options
    I log every Monday morning. I only weigh once per week, except the occasional "checking" through the week but those don't count.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning, and log it that same day.
    I did go two weeks this last time, but that was because we were on vacation and I didn't have access to a scale last Monday.
    I also don't weigh myself very often other than on weigh-in days. I'm afraid that I would be easily discouraged if I see a lot of fluctuation, so it's just easier for me this way.
  • hhgrif0107
    hhgrif0107 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh in once a week on the same date and time of day. For me first thing in the morning is easist. If you weigh in only once weekly then the scale should be pretty accurate. Make sure you are eating at least 1200 calories a day or you might actually gain a little weight.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: How long do you wait before you log a loss???!!!

57 nanoseconds.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!
    I'm the very same :-)
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday LOL BUT I only log every Sunday no matter what the number is. I try to keep it consistent and only log once a week.
  • sarah329618
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to make sure I am on track and it's probably just an obsession of mine. I only log on Monday's though and I haven't been logging gains but I think I may start that this week, hopefully there is no gain though!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and input as soon as I step off the scale and find my phone ;). I refuse to weigh myself every day because I cannot take seeing the numbers go up and down. If I forget on Saturday morning then I weigh on Sunday morning.
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I wondered how long you all wait until you log a weight loss? Last month I logged a loss after a couple of days then yoyoed crazily for a couple of weeks. Now I have lost a further couple of pounds but might wait a few days before I log it incase I go up and down again!! What works for you? Do you grab the moment and log as soon as you notice a loss, or do you wait to see if it stays down for a few days and then log?

Just interested! Have a nice day everyone!

I log a loss immediately, but log a gain only if it sticks around for longer than three days. I realize water weight is going to happen and don't feel like logging gains that are probably water.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Once every 2-3 weeks, my weight loss is VERY up and down, and I just can't bring myself to log a gain after logging a loss :(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lol! I 'grab the moment' on the way down and 'let's wait a while and see' when it goes the other way!!

:drinker:
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I log it the very instant I get off the scale!!! I don't even get dressed first!!!

LOL :-)

Take credit when credit is due, girl!!!!

This!
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and whatever it is, it is, so I log it.

^^This^^
  • lakane24
    lakane24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log on the same day each week. I also weigh the same time everyday. This way, it is always consistent. I have belonged to another program before and I had to weigh in once a week. I always wore the same clothes so it would be as accurate as possible.

Good luck!! This program is working well for me so far....even though it's only been a short time.
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I log in every change, up or down... But it is only because of my Wii Fit game. I have logged into it 92 days in a row and now want to see how many days in a row I can do it! Once I go away for a night or two I am sure I will be done with the weekly weigh ins. They do kill me sometimes, those and and down .5...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I log every day, gain or loss.

me too...although most of my buddies on MFP have suggested I stop doing that because I can get a bit neurotic about it...LOL...
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself *almost* every morning (well, on days I think to do it!), but I've only been logging new lows. I figure the lowest weight is probably right, I doubt I was filled with helium while I slept!
  • jswayze67
    jswayze67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week EVERY week, same time, same clothes, log the loss or gain, but not a "same".
    I personally weigh every Sunday when I get up, then log it as and when I get the time in that day lol.