i'm getting a tattoo today

Options

Replies

• Chelle_Davis
    Options
    The initial outline hurt most for me, but when he was filling it all in, I swear I could have fallen asleep, it felt so good. No worries, mate. You're going to be awesome and SO proud of it when it's done! :D
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I have had my whole back, hips and some thigh done, and the hip was by far the LEAST painful bit :) And I love butterflies! yay
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer handlebars
    sounds precious!!!!! :flowerforyou:

But may I suggest you get it on your lower back instead?????

No dont put it there!

That is THE best place for a tattoo on a girl!!! especially if it involves roses, butterflies or stars!!!!!
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I take anti anxiety medication when I get tattoos! I panic
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I have five though, including my ribs. I survived as long as I had someones hand to squeeze :) its not bad at all I want a bunch more
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    sounds precious!!!!! :flowerforyou:

But may I suggest you get it on your lower back instead?????

No dont put it there!

That is THE best place for a tattoo on a girl!!! especially if it involves roses, butterflies or stars!!!!!

I wanted my my tattoo to be on the back of my neck and the tattoo owner said that since it was my first tattoo, to put it someplace that could be hidden in case I did not like it. (I am in my 40s and have 6 kids, so he was going conservative for me) So, I put it on my lower back. I loved it, so we made it bigger a year later and now I want it to go up my back....AND, I want one on the back of my neck too. But, still afraid that it will hurt too much....I heard the foot is horrible, so I will NEVER do the foot!!!

I have one on the top of my foot. Not that painful! I love the pain of tattoos.

Generally the feet, hands, and face are the most painful. Some artists won't even do them. I've also heard the ribcage and back are painful areas as well. The problem with feet and hand tattoos is you can actually sweat out the ink and make it fade faster thus either calling for a touch up sooner than most tattoos or leaving you with a nasty faded something on your body.
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    DO NOT DRINK OR TAKE ANYTHING THAT WILL THIN YOUR BLOOD. MORE YOU BLEED THE MORE TO HEAL WHICH CAN CAUSE YOUR TATTOO TO NOT LOOKS SO WELL.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've had several of the tattoos where you wet the paper and hold them on your skin for 30 seconds. They hardly hurt at all (though I did take advil and whiskey before going through with it).
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    of a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

is it going to hurt bad? should i take something?

you are asking if tats hurt and if you should take something yet your arms are covered in tats??? seems like you should know exactly what to and not to do.

Hmmmmmmm......
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm in the unscented lotion camp. My artist would kill me if she knew I put A&D on a tat. My brother's tats all get A&D. Just the way the world works, I suppose.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I recommend cocaine. Lots of cocaine. Before and during the tattoo.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Me thinks some people neglected to read the entire thread...
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    oh a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

if you take anything you'll thin yer blood and bleed more .... man the **** up

You can take Tylenol, it does not thin blood like advil and naproxen.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Me thinks some people neglected to read the entire thread...

No. Lard is best for aftercare.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts. Take 3 200mg ibprofen. Dont take a blood thinner or drink alcohol. Get some unscented lotion to treat it for the next few weeks until it heals. You dont need the balm they will try to sell you, just get the lotion. ;)

P.S. Just remember stretch marks happen on hips.

As I said before, don't take ibuprofen...take tylenol
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Snow, you're snowing us, lol! You already know the answer to your question, and I bet you're getting something much bigger than a butterfly and some stars!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    of a butterfly on my hip, surrounded by stars.

you are asking if tats hurt and if you should take something yet your arms are covered in tats??? seems like you should know exactly what to and not to do.

seems like you should know the use of sarcasm when you see it?
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I have one on my foot. I was super paranoid as well that it would hurt. The first few seconds were like "Whoa", but after that I was leaned over watching him do it, it was totally cool! The pain was not bad at all! My nose piercing, or tragus piercing hurt WAY worse!
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    DO NOT take anything! It will thin out your blood and you will be like crazy. I have a couple on my hip, but after getting my full ribcages done the hip felt like tickling. I would say that if it is your very first, it will hurt some, but it really won't be that bad.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Here's one I got on St. Patty's Day:

stpattys.jpg

Hurt like hell!