Men- this is why we hate you.

Options

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I know! My husband will say, "I think my love handles are getting bigger, I need to lose a few pounds" And then, 3 days later, he has lost the weight...it is like, all he has to do is say that he wants to lose some weight and it comes off.

My Fiancee is the same way! He sits on the couch with the puppy while I do my workouts and just says he is starting to get a belly and should do a workout and magically 2-3 days later he yells down the hall "Hey babe I dropped 6lbs!" WTF???? He plays basketball and tennis and golf on weekends and thats it. I kick my *kitten* 6 days a week for a half a pound.

for what its worth, thats not fat loss.
    by cutting out food, especially carbs, we can easily deplete the glycogen in our muscles... so each muscle (and we have more of them) holds less glycogen and water...
    so while we can almost instantly lose several pounds.. its not fat loss, and will come back immediately after we eat enough carbs and intake enough water.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    haha this cracks me up because it is so true. all my brothers think it's hilarious when I try to eat "a lot" of food, because to them its a snack usually.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Plus there's peeing standing up.

What I wouldnt do for this

The shower is a woman's urinal.

I lost a bet when a girl showed me how she can pee standing up and the calorie thing...we have two brains to feed! Oh yes ladies it thinks for itself!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    my hubby (who is 8 yrs older than me!) has a 5 lb weight gain in his midsection and tells me he needs to lose weight. So he cuts out beer for a week and its gone! The reason i stated he's 8 yrs older than me, is i thought his metabolism wasnt as high as mine. Im in my 30's, he's in his 40's and i have to watch how i eat and exercise.
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    Awfully harsh title and a stupid reason to hate half of the population.

^^ This ^^ I couldn't have said it better. Don't forget that it's not just a gender thing; my best buddy makes the smallest adjustment to his lifestyle and losing weight easily and without exercise. With me it's not so easy. We are all different.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    yeah my husbands problem is its hard for him to GAIN weight...hes about 5'7 and ohhh 130lbs?!?! and then he complains hes getting "fat" pfffft you dont know what fat is buddy LOL
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It's all relative. That's like saying you hate a tall woman because she "gets to eat more than you." That's just now it works; men can eat more because they NEED more.

No need to blame being female on your difficulties. OR BEING OLD (one of my peeves). My mom is the same height as me and on MFP and she was trying to tell me how it's "easier for me to lose a pound." I very sweetly explained to her that while our BMR's were different, our defecit of 1 lb per week was the same. So yes, my BMR was slightly higher because of my age so I technically got to eat more, but that also meant my body also NEEDED more to run. So being old was NO EXCUSE.

It's ALL RELATIVE. Quit complaining!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Bwuahahaa!!
    I made one for my fiance a while back, and he gets to eat 2380 just to maintain. That jerk. :grumble: LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I punched my stats into the military body fat % calculator the other day (Im around 23%) and I hit submit and it came up 8%.

I just stared at it like... this is obviously on CRACK, being that Im not Kate Moss.

Forgot to switch it from male to female. Corrected it and it went back to 22.something.

But if i was a dude... look out man, I'd be 8% fat 92% sexy as ****.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's good to be king.

you suck Greg

I love you too Mari :laugh:

You're just jealous 'cause you want my girlfriend. :tongue:

Just so you know... I can have your girlfriend any time I want. :devil:
    Mari, you know where to send the video! :tongue:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    HEY!! I'm offended!! BOOBS are awesome! :bigsmile:

I must concur...LOL
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My awkward man friend as he will now be called has lost so much weight because he is having the same meals as me at night which are usually 600-700cal meals so not bad, plus we are allowed a little treat but says he doesn't have time to eat the rest of the day and is blaming me for his weight loss just because I won't allow him to have a litre of ice cream at night which would go straight to his moobs.

I'm one step away from making an adult sized high chair so I can force feed him as I already feel like his mum.

I have a big bag of cereal bars and nuts that I will be forcing him to take to work. May be I should give him a note to hand in to his boss asking him to make sure James has something to eat, may be a diary so his boss can sign to say James has been eating.
  • Marysworld2
    Options

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....

Very cold guys ;o)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    lolz-2.jpg
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Plus there's peeing standing up.

What I wouldnt do for this

The shower is a woman's urinal.

I lost a bet when a girl showed me how she can pee standing up and the calorie thing...we have two brains to feed! Oh yes ladies it thinks for itself!

I learnt the latter after watching the film One-eyed Monster - don't look this film up if you're at work.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey! We women are strong! We can take childbirth because we can handle the pain, we can take menopause because our body can handle the change, we take menstruation because our body can handle the responsibilities of giving life and we can take breasts because our body can handle the weight.

Yeah we don't burn as many calories but that's because we can handle the extra workout and we have the self control to stay at our calories goals.

So don't be discouraged.

Men have it easy because they can't handle it hard.

So yeah, it feels amazing to be queen, it may be hard....but that's because we can handle it.

I like this! :) You have a good point!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Haha. I love the days I eat 2700 and am still over a 1k deficit.....

this is a regular occurance its really hard to eat 3500 calories of good food.
  • rautaty
    rautaty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you all were survivors on a deserted island, with no food, i bet u'd be happy to be a woman and have more fat:))) just my 2 cents, lol.

But, i agree in our days it's not easy to be a girl, constantly dieting. So yeah, I'd love to eat 3500 cals a day...but i don't care abt standing up while peeing, sorry boys.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love this rant and completely agree! :flowerforyou:
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know what you mean.

My boyfriend is SO unhealthy. He eats crap. as many calories as he wants and doesn't deliberately exercise. Meanwhile, he's skinny as a rail and I've been at a plateau for nine months now, despite working out like crazy and eating extremely healthy and counting calories. Makes me want to kick him!

I think you are right when you say "My boyfriend is SO unhealthy". Don't forget that weight is not a predictor of health. Plenty of skinny people die at age 50 from heart disease, cancer, liver failure.
This discussion has been closed.