• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I personally think your arm muscles are more fierce than your shoes

:)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Maybe it depends on the part of the country/world you live in. Small town, not very trendy...then probably not okay for work. HOWEVER, if you're in a more trendy, liberal area, I don't see the problem. I work in a hospital and wear shoes like that on a daily basis (hot pink stilettos with metal spikes today)!!

I want your shoes, I think that they would be PERFECT with this dress in a matching pink belt. I was actually telling my locker room friend this morning that what I really need for this dress is a hot pick patten belt with matching crazy shoes.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I personally think your arm muscles are more fierce than your shoes

:)

:blushing: thanks, they've become my favorite feature . . .
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I personally think they're a little too dressy for a work environment.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but I love them so much . . . but that's why I currently have the other pair at my desk in my work bag.

Oh my goodness! where did you get them? they are so cute i want them!! But, i agree too much for work.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Had they been black leather then id say yeah wear them for work but glitter and the colour is too much for work IMHO
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If they didn't have the sparkles in them they would be fine. Really pretty though!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I personally think they're a little too dressy for a work environment.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but I love them so much . . . but that's why I currently have the other pair at my desk in my work bag.

Oh my goodness! where did you get them? they are so cute i want them!! But, i agree too much for work.

TJ Maxx, they're Steve Madden's. I tried to google them and couldn't find them any where else. I needed something to go with my costume for the st patrick's day parade, saw them, had dreams about them for a week, and then went back to pick them up. I couldn't believe no one else had bought them in that week. Ah, perfect shopping therapy.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    They're lovely shoes. But I wouldn't wear them to your workplace.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I would change em
  • Brilliantbritt27
    Options
    Very cute, but a little much for work.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Cute... maybe with a different outfit you could pull them off. But honestly, not loving them with the more conservative styled dress. But, I think the dress would be cute with a pointy toed bright colored shoe... like red or yellow... maybe add a colored belt to the dress. The shoes are fun... so you should keep them at your desk so you can change and wear them out after work! :)
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I'm not allowed to wear glittery shoes either.....I was wearing them and then was told to not wear them....'but they're my style!'
    Pfft, I guess you have to go out dancing and rock em!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same field (banking) for many years, and "sigh" the unwritten rule is NEVER to wear glitter to work.

Sad, really.
    :frown:

I try to make up for it by wearing red, or leopard shoes as often as possible.
    :bigsmile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try Leopard shoes. :D
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    oh, but those are soo soo cute! They must be worn somewhere!!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Agree - too much for work. But DAMN - your legs are great., Girl! What are you doing to get calves like that?
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think they could work for... uh... work if you wore them with slacks instead of a dress. Pants would tone down the shoes, and the shoes would dress up the pants.

I agree, with a very simple black suit, you could probably pull these off at work. with the dress, maybe not so much.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Agree - too much for work. But DAMN - your legs are great., Girl! What are you doing to get calves like that?

Hum - lunges, squats, running, step class. From NROL4W I did weighted heel raised squats today (without the plates), killed both my quads and my calves. I do not work calves in isolation, they get so much work in my compound moves.