Tall women??

Options

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Partly because of this thread, I've decided that I am happy the weight I am now. Would I prefer to have a little less fat on my belly? Yes. But, I'm not going to try and lose the weight, which is probably 5 lbs at most.

I've set my settings to "maintain current weight" and I'm going to continue the hill climbing and C25K running. I'll probably log my food for a while, to see how much I should be eating if I'm exercising so much.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how everyone can have the same weight but have completely different clothing sizes. I am 5'11" and 170 and a 10/12. Even when I weighed 150/155 I was a 10 or even 145 in high school I was never smaller than a 9 in junior sizes. I see women on here that are my weight and are a size 6. I don't even think I will be a size 6 in my casket.

That always amazes me too! I'm 5'9" and at 160, I was in a comfortable size 10/12 (tight size 8). But I really don't think I'll be that size again. I'm guessing mainly because of my hips...I've got those good German Birthin' hips! LOL

Currently I'm at 200.5 and in a comfortable size 16 (tight 14). Would love to be in a comfortable 14 or even a 12. I'd be happy with that...
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how everyone can have the same weight but have completely different clothing sizes. I am 5'11" and 170 and a 10/12. Even when I weighed 150/155 I was a 10 or even 145 in high school I was never smaller than a 9 in junior sizes. I see women on here that are my weight and are a size 6. I don't even think I will be a size 6 in my casket.

That always amazes me too! I'm 5'9" and at 160, I was in a comfortable size 10/12 (tight size 8). But I really don't think I'll be that size again. I'm guessing mainly because of my hips...I've got those good German Birthin' hips! LOL

Currently I'm at 200.5 and in a comfortable size 16 (tight 14). Would love to be in a comfortable 14 or even a 12. I'd be happy with that...

I'm 5'10" and at 244... I'm in a loose 16 jeans from the "plus size" store (curvier fit) and a snug 16 jeans from Old Navy (regular fit). It's really about your shape. I know I could never even pull up a pair of 16's in a slim fit (butt and thighs are too big). I'll probably never wear a slim fit because of my shape. Luckily designers have become so much more diverse in the shape of the jeans they offer!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and 7 years ago I was 145.... I was super skinny and loved it. I have since gained a ton of weight and my goal weight is 160. I think 160 is a very healthy weight for my height and body type.
  • chelseachelsea1991
    chelseachelsea1991 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", currently 148-the lowest I've been at this height was 137. I'd love to be 128. It's a hard goal but I look better thinner than heavier.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    5'8 and a bit here, I'm currently slightly over 200 due to a few issues in my past which made me gain weight...One of which is a transit strike lasting almost 3 months left me pretty much housebound and unable to get around.

Anyway, my idea weight I think would be 164-170 given I do have a muscular frame
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently weigh an embarrasingly large 106kgs (234 pounds i think?).

I would love to get down to around the 75/70kg mark (154 pounds).

I'm large boned though, so 70 would be the lowest i'd go as otherwise I start to look like a walking skeleton!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Heyy =D Great job on your progress so far!

HAHA Im 5'10 so I know how you feel!!! To me, 160 would be just about perfect on myself. I remembered being 5'7 and weighing 116 and looked starved!

Good luck!

agreed^^^^
    I'm 5'10.. large frame....and 160-170 was good for me. That's what I am heading for again.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a side/somewhat related question? How many of you are insecure because of your height? Does anyone ever still go through the "gosh, I wish I was short and cute like XXX"? I'm having a bad week and this is always one thing that gets me.
  • juliagulia624
    Options
    I am 5' 10 with an athletic/narrow frame. I weigh 136 currently. The lowest I have weighed is 126 (waaaay too skinny) but I dont feel like I look too skinny now. The most I have ever weighed is 143 and I am not happy at that weight at all. I think I have more muscle than the avg. dieter bc my gym time is focus around lifting heavy weights and compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, rows, lunges. 160 is not heavy for someone who is 5'11. It is average
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    You have to live with your body for the rest of your life. Do what you think is right for you! You are the only one who knows what you need.
    Big hugs,
    Rebekah
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and am at 185. I was 110 at 17 and stayed between 110 and 130 until my daughter was born in 1999- which was WAY too thin. I have a very small frame, oddly, so my goal weight is currently 140. I'm not sure how I'll feel as I get closer to that weight, so have given myself the option to change it as I get closer :)

I don't want to be too thin. I want to be healthy, and healthy looking!
  • jeffica5091
    jeffica5091 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I totally understand I am 6'2 and large framed nothing small about me but I have always been heavy my heaviest was 310 lbs and I have lost almost 100 lbs. So I still weigh 211lbs and people tell me I dont need to loose weight. But I have a certain goal I want to reach. So it is really based on what weight you would like to be, as long as it is healthy. good luck to you
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    Options
    I am 5'11.5. I used to weigh 129-135. Then went up t a more normal 145-150 for years. My current yuck weight is 222. I am large framed. Work out everyday - boot camp, 5ks, 10ks. I have only lost 20 pounds but have lost 20 inches. I don't pay much attention to BMI as my muscles are back. I eat to a net 1200. My goal is 155.

I feel healthier than ever but that devil the scale, always is a challenge.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this chart. My husband is 5'10" and weighs 209 and is NOT 39 lbs overweight. What he is, though, is naturally muscular. His arms and legs are pure muscle (we were even told during a wellness check for insurance). They couldn't find fat on them anywhere. When I met him he was 165 and SKINNY (from a not very healthy lifestyle). So this chart does NOT apply to everyone.
    This guy is 5-10" 210 lbs. So unless your husband looks like that, then he has fat to lose. I'm 5-10" and @ 210 I look fat.

davidb_big1.jpg
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    BMI isn't perfect, but I still use it to determine my goals.
    But really, it still works for most folks and you've got to start somewhere.

I shave 10lbs off of the top so I have some wiggle room and don't stress if I have an event or getaway where I can't be in control.
    I shave 10 lbs off of the bottom... so if any unexpected illnesses or accidents hit I've got some resource to draw from.
    (I know the low-end thing may seem awful negative, but the past few years I've had more than my share of health issues.)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", and for my health I am happy with any thing under 180. I look smoking at 160 (or at least I did 10 years ago).
  • jeffica5091
    jeffica5091 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    well the way I look at it is that they both have some disadvantage and advantages. People ask me at the store could u please reach that for me, lol. I love being tall and wouldnt change it.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    realized i'd already commented on this thread!! ignore me, nothing to see here...
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 11

I think i have quite a large frame. The lowest i have weighed is 143 lb (dress size UK 10) which i would like to get back to (I'm 150 now)

The most i have ever weighed was 173 ib i was a UK 16 and felt awful!!!

It's a personal preference for what weight you feel happiest at, everyone has different goals.

:happy: