That Awkward Moment at Work When....

Options

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    when you bend over and your pants split at work (sadly this has happened more than once over the years)
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse..... there isn't a shift that goes by without an awkward moment..... the best so far...

"Sir it's important for you to have the raised toliet seat because of ur hip"

" No No I don't want that contraption" (old people especially men don't like "new" things)

"Sir you are really going to want that on there...."
    "ya ya I heard you .... it's for my hip I don't care"

"Sir its not only for ur hip, its so ur balls don't float in the toliet bowl water"
    "So how do I sit on this?"

OMG! This is so funny!! Cried I laughed so hard!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    one of the technicians comes in for a key and you can't talk because you may have a slight crush on him
    every week

He's from New York and has THAT accent....:love:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    when you walk in on someone using the bathroom
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

It's true, I'm getting as bad as them.

That's ok...I bet you smell better than they do. :smile:

My boss said I did, so it must be true. :wink:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    ...when your client (who has a disibility) decides to undress herself in a public parking lot and refuses to move out of traffic and into the car, preferriing insead to flash all of Wal-Mart in the middle of the afternoon.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME... you are wiping your salad container clean with your finger and licking it off (cuz ya didn't eat breakfast), when all of a sudden your boss comes out, but you don't notice him so you just keep doing it until you do notice and slowly take the finger out of your mouth and smile awkwardly as he gives you the *wtf are you doing* look. THEN you go into the bathroom and realize you have a HUGE piece of lettuce in your tooth. FML
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    ..the doctor I worked with came up to me and said that he didn't know which was bigger my breasts or my belly (I was 8 months pregnant)...
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    ...you walk into work and notice everyone is staring at your chest and realize there is a big white spot on your black shirt...from toothpaste. N. :noway:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When you are quietly peeing, minding your own business and a person walks into another stall thinking they are alone and has a MAJOR very audible blowout.

Do you pretend you aren't there remaining quiet, trying not to breathe?
    Or do you make loud noises and run outta there as fast as possible?

I ran.
    People gotta learn their lesson - check the stalls before you unleash a volcano.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was standing in the office of one of my male co-workers, securely blocked by his computer monitor. Our boss walks in and starts having a conversation with him, they were both looking at each other, deep in their conversation, so I took the opportunity to make, shall we say, an adjustment to my bra. What the heck, they weren't looking, and I was well hidden behind the monitor, so I start to make the adjustments and both of them looked right at me, and one asks, "Do you need some help? I'd be happy to volunteer to hold them up." Yep, don't adjust your bra or fix a wedgie in front of a department consisting of men.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    ... you ask the bosses wife how she's doing and she informs you that her marriage is OVER so she's not doing that great.

Awwwwkward.

... you get caught eating at your desk NOT during a break. Whoops!
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse..... there isn't a shift that goes by without an awkward moment..... the best so far...

"Sir it's important for you to have the raised toliet seat because of ur hip"

" No No I don't want that contraption" (old people especially men don't like "new" things)

"Sir you are really going to want that on there...."
    "ya ya I heard you .... it's for my hip I don't care"

"Sir its not only for ur hip, its so ur balls don't float in the toliet bowl water"
    "So how do I sit on this?"

This has to be the best, I cant stop laughing!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My office is across from the men's restroom. I hear waaaaay too much! And I know a lot of male teachers and students don't wash their hands!

Oh, and there are a couple of men that give me the involuntary sweats when they talk to me! HATE THAT!!!!

You reminded me of a former boss - he'd use the restroom next to my office, didn't wash his hands, and was ALWAYS in the community candy dish - that's one way to keep me from ruining my diet with M&M's
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Oh, oh, I have one! It didn't happen to me, but to one of the men who taught in the lecture hall I used to use. I was warned to be sure and not mike up for lecture until I was actually ready to start because....

Once upon a time, one of the male faculty members miked up, turned the microphone on, and then realized he had to hit the restroom. Apparently the wireless mike can be picked up from the mens room across the hallway from the lecture hall. :noway:
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    3.30itis comes around and you put the dustpan and brush in the fridge
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My office has movable internal walls, my ex-next office neighbor had very colorful convos with his mom & girl friends. His mom was traditional Jewish and his dates were..... not. He cursed & yelled and gave every detail of his dates to friends. It was better than Footballer's Wives!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ...when your obnoxious coworker, who, after each phone call, mocks every single patient that calls the office, accidentally hits the speakerphone button instead of the end button...proceeds to mock the patient...and the patient angrily replies through the speaker, "Do I really sound like that?!"
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ...your office-ex overhears a vagrant collaborator ask to 'see the sights' of the town, then says 'i think you've got a date' as you're walking down the hall together.

...your office-ex starts dating the new girl, and you realise you have to work with her too, so therefore you have to meet them BOTH for a casual coffee so as to ensure that she feels comfortable and not threatened in her new workplace.

If you can't handle this level of weird and awkward, don't date in the workplace. I admit that when I decided to date this guy it was with the understanding that we were to maintain a good working relationship, but I had not considered that 2 years later we'd both still be in the same place and he would consider it totally appropriate to date someone else from the lab! I had lunch with the happy couple yesterday while they talked about their wedding plans.
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I laughed till I cried.
    Maybe that is how I should have worded it for my Grandpa. LOL!