Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Because I'm ugly AF without make up....=(

And it does me wonders...it really does.

Lol...ME TOO!!!!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Why wear nice clothes either then? It's all part of accenting our assets to the fullest....that is if Make up is your thing. I love love love it, but if a girl doesn't wanna wear it, awesome.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I think the ladies look better with out the makeup.
    In the pics with makeup, their hair is also done
    up, and they look like they're dressed to go out.

Reminds me of the weight loss commercials,
    with the before and after pics. Before pic they're
    hunched over, and not even smiling. After pic,
    they have great posture, and a beautiful smile.

I guess I like the plain Jane look. :tongue:
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Alright.. I guess I can lay a little of myself out there... Even though its an awful view...

No makeup
    me.jpg

No make up
    035.jpg

Make up
    Jmcruise2.jpg

Again with make up
    049.jpg
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Had to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vVUIYOmJM :laugh:

As for the real discussion: I tend to prefer how women look with makeup. But, that's the point, isn't it?

Cheers,

Sean
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I tend to not wear makeup at all. When I do, its very minimal - mascara and blush. Rarely some sheer lip goss. I never wear base, I hate the way it feels and looks on my skin.

makeup.jpg
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I wear very minimal makeup (foundation, concealer, eye shadow and mascara) and I don't think I look that much different. My eyes just pop a little more and my skin looks 100% better. I never wore makeup until college, and I just started wearing foundation in the past year. It makes me feel better about myself.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bc if I don't people tell me I look tired and or sick.

This for me as well. I have dark streaks under my eyes so I feel much more confident when they are covered some and I can even my skin tone out and add pop color to my cheek and shimmer to my eyes. I can wear it less often in the summer when i hace more color and not get as many concerned questions about if i'm sleeping at night.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Personally I wear makeup because it makes me feel good. I love to create looks too. I usually always wear makeup. Also, a lot of the looks I do are for my blog.

Very little:
    Capture142.jpg

A little more:
    IMAG2925.jpg

A lot more:
    IMAG2875.jpg

Full blown:
    IMAG1814-1_edit0-1.jpg
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Everyone must watch jenna marbles video!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I think the ladies look better with out the makeup.
    In the pics with makeup, their hair is also done
    up, and they look like they're dressed to go out.

Reminds me of the weight loss commercials,
    with the before and after pics. Before pic they're
    hunched over, and not even smiling. After pic,
    they have great posture, and a beautiful smile.

I guess I like the plain Jane look. :tongue:

My thoughts exactly. In the "before" pics, everyone looks all sad, depressed and like they feel like crap. And you know what? It's because they're so used to wearing makeup and hiding their natural selves that they lack confidence unless they're wearing it (isn't that what half the people said in here?).

I don't own makeup. Never have. Sure, maybe I could "pop out" with it on, but I'm not going to paint my face just so I get hit on. If you don't like me for who I am, then I don't need you. If a guy doesn't like me au natural, then ZOMG! is he gonna freak out when he wakes up next to me and I'm not wearing makeup?! PARANOID MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this is me (with my niece around New Year's Eve). I don't look tired. I don't have bags. I have pretty good skin tone. And, I think I've worn makeup maybe twice in my entire 28 years of existence.

Madelyn3.jpg
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I hate makeup. Yes I look better with it on, but it's not fair that i can only be considered to look nice if I falsely make myself look nicer.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    no makeup, tired, hungover, and an iphone camera:
    338476_10150491836273227_503088226_8963093_1867645040_o.jpg
    still tired, 2 months younger, and with a DSLR nice camera... wearing about as much makeup as I ever wear! (eyeliner, mascara, gold shadow, and a little bare minerals) just wearing mascara makes me look much better since my eyelashes are blonde :)
    168831_483186218226_503088226_6120918_5911323_n.jpg

im lazy and work with special needs kids, i only wear makeup on the weekends, and am super comfortable without it- i think i look best after a workout when im all glowy :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I honestly love makeup, I love how I feel with it, but my love for makeup runs deeper then that. I give makeover's to friends and family just because I love to apply it. I've been told a few times I should be a makeup artiest, It's not my passion but I do enjoy it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I think it must be confidence because you don't look that much different in the two pictures.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ok here we go.

This is me without makeup:

IMG_9329.jpg

And this is me with makeup... I think I look weird in this picture but I don't really have many pictures of myself. And I also don't wear very much makeup.

409405_757038672095_82400169_35598822_82210523_n-Copy.jpg
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    you have to change the to lowercase.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I look like hell without makeup! I don't think I even have any pictures without makeup!
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup mainly because a) blonde eyelashes and b) I look like I am 11 years old otherwise. No joke, our gate guard literally thought I was.

No makeup ( had recently been crying too - so kinda puffy. Hubs was deployed I missed the call)
    july0355.jpg
    Makeup

2010-12-05201005571-1.jpg

Or me as a blonde with makeup (albeit black and white)
    Picture1677-2.jpg