Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up, not because I don't want to, but it affects my husband asthma. I have more confidence without it, then I do if I have to hide my natural beauty behind make-up. :)
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, have drawers full of it but rarely wear it anymore, mainly because I have a job where I have to get up very early and sleeping is more important than doing a full face where I sit a desk all day. I personally think I look HIDEOUS with no makeup, but my boyfriend prefers me with nothing on, and thinks even a tad of mascara and blush is "caked on". When I do do it, its usually a special occasion. I look dramatically different too, whenever I come to work wearing the night before's leftovers, people always comment on how different I look, or my mom thinks I'm sick or something. So that's why I wear it--and also the attention from men is VERY different makeup vs. non.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to enhance what's already there. But that's just me.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Apparently I don't know how to upload pictures. But trust me, you'd be horrified.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Unless you are absolutely gorgeous facially with flawless skin and good bone structure, you will look better with makeup. I'm not a fan of the caked on, thick black eyes look, unless for a night out, but some concealer, blusher, mascara, and a little gloss make any girl look better :love:

In regards to the looks, attention etc, that is far more to do with self confidence than with makeup/ no makeup. However, if the makeup itself is what makes the girl feel confident, and in turn get more positive attention (or maybe just feel like she does?), then great :smile:

Personally I don't go anywhere without makeup, even to the gym or ride my horse :bigsmile:

Women were once such beautiful creatures who really took care of themselves and made an effort to look incredible all of the time (think 40's/ 50's), if only we could go some way back to that.
  • NNsMomma
    NNsMomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great in both pics. I, personally, wear minimal makeup because I'm 51 and I look younger, fresher with little make up. (I have a sister who is a couple of years older than I am and she cakes it on. She looks really old that way but that is her preference.) I think that the amount of makeup depends on what you're doing - what time of day it is, etc. Anyway, you look great in both pics.
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If I looked good without makeup, Id never wear it but people tell me I look ill or tired when I have none on
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    Options
    15028169_9876.jpg

(excuse the awful acne...TOM^^)

15028169_6353.jpg

That's why.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I typically don't prefer applying oodles of makeup.

Just a little powder, blush and eyeliner and I am good to go :-)

No makeup
    6f4dn6.jpg

With makeup and Husband
    16kc85x.jpg
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup usually but on the VERY RARE occassion I do.... It's just a small amount of eye liner. I

WITHOUT- Just got hair done
    model2.jpg

WITH- Going on date nite with hubby
    model1.jpg
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    15028169_9876.jpg

15028169_6353.jpg

That's why.

Can't see the before pic but you are GORGEOUS with a capital G :love:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    Options
    15028169_9876.jpg

15028169_6353.jpg

That's why.

Can't see the before pic but you are GORGEOUS with a capital G :love:

Haha, thanks :) I will try again...
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup when I'm doing an important presentation at work, when it makes me look more polished and professional, or when I'm going out for a special occasion.

Whether made up or not, I look just fine. Yes I do get more attention from strangers when I'm made up, but that sort of shallow attention from strangers isn't something that particularly interests me, I'm well past the days of needing cheap ego boosts.
    Why don't men wear makeup? <snip> If makeup makes women feel more confident/accentuates their features -- why can't men do the same?
    Google Eddie Izzard, not only is he an amazingly funny comedian but he's HAWT!

I certainly wouldn't throw him out of bed on a cold night! :bigsmile:

EDITED TO ADD PHOTOS *swoon*

4551833686_8f3295c399.jpg

eddie-izzard-01.jpeg
    Doesn't makeup damage the skin and natural beauty?
    No, most of us stopped using mercury as a cosmetic years ago.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    Options
    15028169_3693.jpg

15028169_6353.jpg

To be fair, the original picture I was posting is HORRIBLE. This one isn't so bad.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Nothing
    IMAG2485-picsay.jpg

All made up
    19832421374.jpg
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup mainly because a) blonde eyelashes and b) I look like I am 11 years old otherwise. No joke, our gate guard literally thought I was.

No makeup ( had recently been crying too - so kinda puffy. Hubs was deployed I missed the call)

Makeup

Or me as a blonde with makeup (albeit black and white)
    So beautiful and I LOVE your blond hair!
    Thank you! :blushing:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    Options
    This thread is so much fun...I love trying to find pictures of myself with no makeup on, haha.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    What was the choice? Goober or goddess? Hmm. Hmmm. Hmmm.

Honestly, I choose goober most of the time, but it's nice having the option to be a goddess. I will admit, I LOVE being hit on as a goober. Men who hit on goobers remind me of my husband. I think, "This is a nice guy, what a keeper. He doesn't care that I'm wearing pajamas out, he still finds me attractive."

We also have to realize the goober makes dumb faces, too. The goober doesn't care what she looks like so she's not putting on her hot girl facade. She's laughing big with her teeth AND her gums showing, and she's probably snorting instead of laughing at that. The goober dances like no ones watching, and the goddess dances like everyone is.

6905097516_98bdcdd7c0.jpg
    6905106190_270ab6d735.jpg
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup. Ever. I am 32 and have worn makeup once in my life, on my wedding day when I was 19. I HATED every single second of it. It is not for me and I don't like the look of it. Honestly I think every single woman who has posted pics on here looked better in their before pics. :smooched: