Relationship problem?

Options
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if any of you could help me out here.
My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. Everything goes good but it seems like all he wants to do is fight. Last night, a friend of mine, (who is a lesbian) stayed the night. I feel like he doesn't trust me with a FRIEND for crying out loud. So what if she likes boobs? He thinks I am going to cheat on him with everyone and everything!! I have never done anything wrong to him. By the way, I am only into guys. Should I just stop being friends with her?
Thanks xoxo

Also, we have talked about this already. He said he just finds it "weird" that I have her staying the night. He is jealous for no reason. Because like I said, I am into men. I love him, and he loves me. I don't want things to be over with over a few arguments. It's not worth throwing a year and a half down the drain. How am I suppose to show him he can trust me?

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't lose friends just because your boyfriend is insecure. Because if it's not her, it will be someone else... eventually you will have no friends left. While lots of friends aren't necessarily a must-have, it's still important to realize that HE has a serious problem.
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a ****.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I think it's kind of sad that you're even considering giving in to his insecurity.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You should definitely NOT stop being friends with your girl friend. It seems like your boyfriend is a bit insecure and is trying to pick a fight with you. If he doesn't trust you there are deeper issues you two need to work out. Maybe he has been hurt in the past and is manifesting that on to you.

Communication is key. If you try to talk to him and he won't talk with you that is also a red flag. Good luck.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you guys are fighting then everything is not going good. Break it off and find someone that is going to treat you the way you want to be treated.
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this isn't your problem but his... seems like he has some major baggage from some relationship in the past and is carrying that into your's and making you carry it. I'd say he has insecurities that are intruding on your relationship. I guess we take people for the good and the bad but I think you may want to talk to him about it or might turn into some kind of power and control type of relationship. Nip it in the bud before it gets worse. Good luck! :)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't lose friends just because your boyfriend is insecure. Because if it's not her, it will be someone else... eventually you will have no friends left. While lots of friends aren't necessarily a must-have, it's still important to realize that HE has a serious problem.

I totally agree with this. Also if your fighting so much maybe it is just better to cut ties and find a new man one who will accept and trust you.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    The first thing abusive and insecure men do is make their woman separate from every person in their life that they could turn to for help and support.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a little jealousy; you should be flattered
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You should hook up with your lesbian friend:flowerforyou:
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't lose friends for a boyfriend. Trust me, it's not worth it.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

my man
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options

my man

Like I said, I am not bi.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering if any of you could help me out here.
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. Everything goes good but it seems like all he wants to do is fight. Last night, a friend of mine, (who is a lesbian) stayed the night. I feel like he doesn't trust me with a FRIEND for crying out loud. So what if she likes boobs? He thinks I am going to cheat on him with everyone and everything!! I have never done anything wrong to him. By the way, I am only into guys. Should I just stop being friends with her?
    Thanks xoxo
    That is a HUGE problem. It's the sign of a possible abuser or a possible cheater.
    Don't give up your friends because of his stupid insecurities. I honestly don't know how anyone can put up with that for a nanosecond.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If you are serious, I could not disagree more.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Try living with a 'little' jealousy--it's no picnic. I agree with everyone, you should keep being friends with her. My husband had major jealousy issues when we first started dating, but they've dissipated quite a bit (it was mostly over past relationships, though). I don't have any real advice other than that if it persists and becomes such a big problem that it's seriously affecting your happiness and ability to function as a couple and individuals, it might be time to move on. But yes, communication is key. Make sure you're telling him how awful it makes you feel when he's like this. And if you can't because you are in an unsafe relationship, seek help (I'm not being facetious).
  • rhonda_does_life
    rhonda_does_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're only 18, stop settling.
  • hitmewitdarock
    Options
    lesbian girlfriends of my girlfriend do scare me and yes it is because i am insecure..

they can be burly dikes or lovely "friends"

lesbians offer something men cant get... a womens point of views towards sex...

we cant compete with that... i dont care how hard you try we cant.. we arent women and lesbians scare us because they have something we dont when it come to courting and pleasing a woman... nothing can change that...

if things flow towards the girl then enjoy yourself and take lots of pics for us :)
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options
    Flattered that he is jealous of me and my lesbian friend? Ehhh..
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options
    lesbian girlfriends of my girlfriend do scare me and yes it is because i am insecure..

they can be burly dikes or lovely "friends"

lesbians offer something men cant get... a womens point of views towards sex...

we cant compete with that... i dont care how hard you try we cant.. we arent women and lesbians scare us because they have something we dont when it come to courting and pleasing a woman... nothing can change that...

if things flow towards the girl then enjoy yourself and take lots of pics for us :)

I am not bisexual sir, I like men, i like men, i like men.
This discussion has been closed.