I'm 5'10

CW 205
    GW 173
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    5'9 and a half.
    124Ibs.
    Highest ever weight was 150Ibs. I felt immensely fat at that size, and was quite flabby, but I didn't exercise much then.

I would ideally like to reach a point I am happy being around 130, which is healthier for my build (I have broadish shoulders and hips.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and started at 240lbs, currently around 163. I just started heavy lifting to try to get rid of the last 15lbs of fat (and hopefully loose skin). Then maybe I will feel confident enough to post some pics!
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's amazing!!! I really think you should put up pix just for the inspiration it would give...I'm inspired and no pictures...I love it that you said ONLY 111 lbs left when so many say they only have a few left...! Keep on keepin on!!!!
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's amazing!!! I really think you should put up pix just for the inspiration it would give...I'm inspired and no pictures...I love it that you said ONLY 111 lbs left when so many say they only have a few left...! Keep on keepin on!!!!
  • sturzygirl
    Options
    I'm 5'9, overall I've lost a bit over 75lbs. My SW was 225, I'm currently at 148, GW is 140. I don't have pics on this computer, but I'll post them later. It's been a journey that has taken me a little over a year so far . .. . I'm getting there :) Let me know if you tall gals need anything!
  • SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all--

I'm 5'10" and really wondering if it will be possible to get to the 160's... I've always had a larger frame with insanely muscular legs.

SW: 210 (ish)
    CW:198
    GW:160? 155? 150?

I'm new to MFP and it would be great to know others who are of a similar height that knows our struggles! Feel free to friend me!
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...

I am 5'11" tall with large frame...so far in total I have lost 70lbs...on MFP.. 53lbs...
    I am not sure how I would look at the "required" weight for my height...180 or so...that means I still have around 70 more pounds to go...hmmmm my biggest problem is my mid section which I am working on now!

I have been stuck since Christmas...up/down just can't same to move from my current weight!!

Tips/ideas welcome!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    go here http://health.bizcalcs.com/ and click on frame size wrist it will tell you your frame size

Thank you for this! I was really confused on what goal weight I should set for myself. I'm 5' 11 and reading other people's goal weights being so low. I was worried that my goal weight wasn't low enough for me. I guess I won't truly know until I get there.
    I have a large frame though so it suggested between 155 and 176. I like myself to be a little curvy so I am shooting for 176.

SW: 289
    CW: 268.6
    GW: 175

I've got a long road ahead of me, but seeing all these success stories really inspires me!
  • debobrien1
    Options
    I am 5' 11" and a half...Started in Jan. when the scale tipped 250ish!!! Yikes! I am 45 and at 25 I weighed 140 (too skinny and no muscle) I am currently at 229 and my goal is 170ish. Love reading the stats here!! Gives me LOTS of motivation! Thanks girls!
  • clairehburton
    Options
    I'm nearly 45, am 5'10 and am 229 lb . I was my heaviest at 234 lb so you'll see I'm just starting out. Before I had my children, who are now 18 and 20, I was underweight at 125 lb. I'd ideally like to get to 175 lb. It's a bit disconcerting that that is heavier than some of your starting weights! Oh well, I'm learning to do what is right for me and feel happy n myself. I have a great partner who puts no pressure on me to lose weight. He's very supportive and thinks I'm beautiful. But I know my weight is affecting my health. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is worse with the extra weight. I'm due an op on my foot later this year and want to give my body the best chance at recovery, hence the effort now to lose weight.

Good luck everyone :) xx
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm at my goal weight, which fluctuates between 146-149. My profile picture is what I look like right now - was taken in March 2012 on my honeymoon in Hawaii.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm at my goal weight, which fluctuates between 146-149. My profile picture is what I look like right now - was taken in March 2012 on my honeymoon in Hawaii.

You look great! Exactly what I wanna weigh and same height lol
  • AmyGalliher
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 22, 5'11" and 155 pounds. I have really wide hips and a fairly small bust (34B), so I really don't feel proportional. The most annoying thing is when I go shopping for pants (even the thought makes me cringe) and I get that stupid "pucker" in the back. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I call it the "too tight in the butt, too big in the waist" conundrum. Drives me absolutely mad. More than anything I want to feel graceful. I feel like a big monster stomping around most of the time.
  • jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Im about 5'10, maybe a hair shy. I have an athletic build and realize that I will never be super skinny. Instead I would like to be fit and muscular at a goal weight of 150lbs.

I always crept around on here for the longest time and now taking it more seriously and actually "participating" in on the fun.

Id love to have some more friends who are around the same height and weight. :)

Talk soon!

Jackie
  • dga1
    dga1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love reading this, so glad to see all these beautiful tall girls:)

I´m 6 feet tall. I was 183 pounds in last october but now I´m 167. I´m aiming for 160 :)
  • Jenn264
    Jenn264 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm 5'10, I started my weight at 245 and with 3 months I'm down to 221. My goal is about 175-180 & I'm sure with the support of all you I can do it! Feel free to add me on myfitnesspal! It would be great motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!