worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

See, that's when you follow at a safe distance shrieking, "The paternity test says it's yours! Stop walking away from me! And when are you going to pay the hospital bill from breaking my jaw?"

He will never say anything rude to anyone in public again.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

LOL!!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My ex husband turned very hateful after our son was born....I gained a lot of weight. I got called a cow, a fat-a$$ed b!tch, was threatened if I didn't lose weight, he was leaving.

He gave me money one day and told me to go buy a stationary bike and I better not come home without it. He made ride that thing and to this day, I will NOT get on a stationary bike.

After we divorced (yeah!), I realized what a controlling, insecure, *kitten* he was. He did a lot of damage to my self esteem, but 12 years later, I have it back and doing very well, and he is still an angry, bitter man.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Aren't you a little heavy to be a vegetarian?

What the wha? Cause this person was bigger than me, and this was at a time in my life when yes I was big but I was also bulky from muscle but whatever.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    People are so darned mean! :( I want to punch a couple of people after reading these.

I hesitate to put my own, but here goes:

I dated a guy in college who would constantly tell me to work out (even though he was Roman and was constantly cooking us pasta with butter O.o ...) and would call me "Peter Griffin" (I wasn't even as "fat" as I am now, I was probably a size 6/8, tops.) Needless to say, that didn't last long. The funny thing is that I saw him at the gym about a year later when I had gotten down to a lean size 2/4. He said "Hi" to me and I said "Hi." back, and then laughed uncontrollably in my head.

I also once had a little girl (about 4 years ago) ask me if I was having a baby. In her defense, kids can't really help that.

My mom used to be over 200 lbs, and has gotten down to the 140's by healthy eating and daily walks. But, I remember at the beginning of her journey, she came home from a walk really sad. I asked her why, and she said that while she was walking, someone yelled at her that she'd "never lose weight that way." (Too bad they never found out they totally got MODED!)

I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self not to accept bad treatment from men. But at least I've learned my lesson. :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Brothers and other kids at school called me "fatass" during my entire childhood, and I wasn't that big at the time. :frown:

I've never been big all over, but I have a butt. Family members have made fun of me and once when I was running on the street, a young girl yelled:

"You'll never run off that *kitten*."
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It is not complicated, unless you see the baby coming out never ever ask a lady when she is due.... sheesh
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I was told by a friend-girl of mine, look at your stomach. I use to tell her, I have 3 children, what is your excuse? She is big as a house now. I just have to sit back and laugh.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    It is not complicated, unless you see the baby coming out never ever ask a lady when she is due.... sheesh

Amen to that! :)
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    People are so darned mean! :( I want to punch a couple of people after reading these.

I hesitate to put my own, but here goes:

I dated a guy in college who would constantly tell me to work out (even though he was Roman and was constantly cooking us pasta with butter O.o ...)

I once went out with a guy who was very obese. I was thin, but watched what I ate. He used to make gourmet meals like risotto and complain if I didn't take a second helping. He wouldn't buy skim milk if he was going out to market, returning with whole milk. Yet he "joked" that he would dump me in a minute if I got fat. The definition of "passive-aggressive."

I also once had a little girl (about 4 years ago) ask me if I was having a baby. In her defense, kids can't really help that.

I almost did that once. That would have been so embarrassing. But I wasn't aware at the time that some women put on weight in their abdomens instead of their hips and backsides. She also was reasonably young.
  • Tranquil_Miche
    Options
    "What guy really wants a girl who looks like they're pregnant all the time?" This was said less like a question, but more with a face of disgust after he mentioned that he forces himself to have sex with me because I'm just that disgusting.

...Don't do me any favors.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    You guys need to stay away from those people!! Thats just aweful!! Believe me those are the people that have No real quality of life because they are just that shallow!!! - they can't possibly appreciate any kind of real relationship and thus are missing out on best things in life!

You just do your best to feel better about yourself and don't EVEN listen to idiots like that!! I know its hard though!

If only it were that easy. Some, not all, of these bullies were attractive and seemed to have a pretty good life. That's why it hurt.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    My brother used to say to me

'You're not fat but you're not slim... You're what I call 'chubby''

It's like er.... are you trying to flatter me but insult me at the same time?
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    When I was in elementary school, kids used to call me blue whale and ask me if I had to wear my mother's clothes. I remember a school nurse checking my ankle for an injury saying "I don't know if it's swollen, or just you...".

My grandfather when I was in ED recovery comparing my weight gain to a cousin who had gained a lot of weight. When chastised by my grandmother, he was like "What- she has gained a lot of weight!". Sent me into a nose dive and derailed my recovery.

My usually lovely mother-in-law poking my *kitten* and hips when I was pregnant with number #2, and saying "Yep- it's going to be another girl!". Because she believed old tales that a boy is all in the stomach and a girl is all around weight gain. It was a boy- thanks very much. :tongue:
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
  • splucy
    Options
    Now the comments I am getting are -

'Eat something'
    'See you later. Enjoy your starvation diet'
    'Nice collarbones'
    'Hey fatty' - from a friend clearly mocking my weight loss.

I just can't win!
  • acs4162
    Options
    I'm fairly average now that I've lost some weight (for god's sake, I don't even fit into a size 6 US yet) and somebody at work the other day offered me a brownie. One man goes, "look at her. She doesn't want a brownie. She's probably one of them health food nuts." Then he looked at the sunflower seeds I was eating and goes, "that ****'s not even good for you." (Yes, let me just take food advice from you, brownie-wielding 300-pound rude man).

I'd already eaten lunch that same day when I learned they were having a lunchtime barbecue. I didn't want anything more to eat, but I went outside to hang out. Soon everybody was pointing out that I wasn't eating and I heard someone snort, "she probably only eats twice a year." I don't know what's wrong with these people that they think I'm underweight, but I can assure you, a size 8 is not underweight for a 5' 5.5'' girl. Just because you are ridiculously overweight doesn't give you jurisdiction to call me emaciated.

THANK YOU, EXACTLY! Why does everyone feel the need to share their dieting advice when they're not eating healthy?!
  • acs4162
    Options

'Eat something'
    'Nice collarbones'

I just can't win!

Thank you! That's how I feel right now.
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When i left England i was 230 and when i came back to England a year later i was 260 and all my freinds said i was over weight and put loads on etc etc it did'nt really bother me as i knew i had i think somtimes you got to be cruel to be kind maybe this people who say it r just trying to help out
  • splucy
    Options

'Eat something'
    'Nice collarbones'

I just can't win!

Thank you! That's how I feel right now.

yep! even last Saturday night at a friend's party I had a friend come up to me and say

'You are not my type. I like girls with tits and *kitten*. Just sayin' I said 'well good for you!'

another friend said 'I don't want to touch you. I'm afraid of breaking you'

like seriously!? I am 180cms and weigh 62kgs. I have to be 5 kilograms lighter to be considered underweight.

It's just upsetting when you've put in some hard yards to look better and become a healthier version and your friends just can't handle the new change and want to put you down :/
  • enewsome2
    Options
    I once went out with a guy who was very obese. I was thin, but watched what I ate. He used to make gourmet meals like risotto and complain if I didn't take a second helping. He wouldn't buy skim milk if he was going out to market, returning with whole milk. Yet he "joked" that he would dump me in a minute if I got fat. The definition of "passive-aggressive."

Oh, brother! Cosmo magazine sells lies, women (most of us, anyway) cannot simply eat all the food that we want and stay slim.