worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    When I was obese in my early teens I'd constantly be labeled by my peers. The worst lable was "a walking piece of meat". It is funny that now after many years I'm reaching my perfect form while some of them are suffering the obesity at my current age. I'm not content of that since I won't wish anyone go through that, but it should always serve as a lesson learned.

OMG! OMG! ORLANDO BLOOM is back in the house!!!!! FYI to everyone thinking I'm crazy......I think Titan looks like him. Teehee. Just needed to lighten up this thread. It's so sad :sad: and maddening :grumble: :mad: :explode: :angry: all at the same time

Lol... you made my day :D
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Someone told me (by different people):
    - You used to be HOT!
    - When you were younger, you were so beautiful.
    - I can tell you've had kids, you look so different from when you were younger.
  • rescueisnotamyth
    rescueisnotamyth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was really young (8 or 9 maybe) the neighbor boy told me I was fat.

My boyfriend (now ex) my freshman year of high school told me I should start running.

Funny thing is, I did start running my junior year and ran cross country senior year. I lost 30 some pounds that way. I hope he comes around again when I am at my goal weight.

My other ex-boyfriend used to go on and on about how his mom was so fat and she was a fat ***** and he hated her... We were in a very serious relationship and I kept wondering what he would think of me if we got married and had kids and I gained weight.
    He would also check out other (very skinny) girls. Often.

Since I can remember, my mom and her sisters (now just one of them) have been trying to lose weight. Atkins diet, other fad diets, and most recently a diet where you stay under 500 calories and have strict fruit and vegetable intakes. When she told me she was eating only 500 calories I was shocked. I was in the middle of an experiment with anorexia. I couldn't believe my mom was on a diet like that...
    Seeing my mom and aunts obsess about their weight has kind of rubbed off on me. I even did the Atkins diet at one point.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    When I was obese in my early teens I'd constantly be labeled by my peers. The worst lable was "a walking piece of meat". It is funny that now after many years I'm reaching my perfect form while some of them are suffering the obesity at my current age. I'm not content of that since I won't wish anyone go through that, but it should always serve as a lesson learned.

OMG! OMG! ORLANDO BLOOM is back in the house!!!!! FYI to everyone thinking I'm crazy......I think Titan looks like him. Teehee. Just needed to lighten up this thread. It's so sad :sad: and maddening :grumble: :mad: :explode: :angry: all at the same time

Lol... you made my day :D

Right back at ya!:wink:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant....UM NO! That was a few months after I had my son. NEVER ask a woman when she is due!

Oh and I told a guy friend of mine that I wanted to lose 50 lbs, he said "wow, you'll be so hot then". :grumble: gee, thanks!
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    oh geez, in my bigger days I had countless rude, nasty comments. Highschool was especially bad, I got mooed at, called fat *kitten*, etc. Both of my grandmothers have made fat and you don't need to eat that comment. I was shopping at Victorias secret and had a coupon for a free pair of panties and the sales associate came over and said "do you need a size large" Yes *****, I do. A few years ago I started a new job and one of the people working there offered me a piece of candy and said "it's fat free". Just very rude. Luckily since I lost some weight I haven't had any fat comments made but I'd still like to lose a few more.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

You're not crazy, he does look like Orlando Bloom. :smile:

@Titan, you do. You remind me of my husband a little bit...he looks like Orlando, too, but he wears glasses.

Also, I agree with how sad and maddening this thread is, but it actually helps me to read this stuff. I don't feel so alone in bearing the brunt of horrible insults most of my life. Even when I was at my fittest ten years ago, I still got a comment from some *kitten* at a club in LA...simply because I wasn't a size 0. (I was a size 6-8 at the time and kickboxed almost every day.) Seriously...many people are total jerks. We need to stop giving these bad memories real estate in our minds. Move them out and put some positive affirmations there instead. Practice that...it really does work. It's challenging some days, but it's better than letting the human garbage of the world steal your happy from you.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    wow this is horrible.. i am sorry you all had to go through this... kids can be so mean. I can relate with all of you, my parents came to this country with 5.00 and when I started going to school I had the worst clothes haircuts and a barney lunchbag.. and the worst lunches.. I had to sit alone, not even the special ed kids would let me sit with them, and everyone would just talk **** and laugh at me. I got to a point where I just wouldnt talk to anyone I didnt speak until highschool lol
    and now Im a big badass, and all these *****es who made my life a living hell are nasty, fat, and alcoholics.:) i hope i never run into any of these idiots, id break their necks :D
  • navstone
    navstone Posts: 30
    Options
    When an experienced labor & delivery nurse argued with me that I was pregnant!!!! LOL
  • Strodtbeckp
    Options
    One day one of my co-workers asked what size I was wearing. I always hate to answer that, but since she was clearly bigger than me in many ways I said. She goes " How can you be in a size or two smaller than me when you have a big butt" Mind you she has six inches and quiet a few more pounds than I had at the time . Now that I have lost even more difference
  • medangel06
    Options
    How far along are you? Me: What? When are you due? Me: I'm not pregnant.
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    well in elementary school this one kid called me shamu and in high school a different kid would "moo" at me every time he passed me in the hall way. Who ever said high school was the best years of their life never had a weight problem
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    my younger sister when I was about 12 called me a fat *kitten*. And from my childhood my mom had been saying little things here and there about my weight and things like that. Someone on the street came up to me and was like you looked like you gained weight and I was like well I'm wearing a ton of clothing for the rain (it was raining heavy and I had my slicker on and some other sweaters) and she was like nooo...you gained weight. I really wanted to shove her. Why do people think they have the right to comment on anyone elses body (that goes for people commenting about weight and the guys out there doing the catcalls) I find it really annoying, disrespectful and a bunch of other things. One day I might end up decking someone because I hate it that much.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Worst comment about my weight was when a classmate of my son's said to him, "your mom is fat". That hurts most because it hurt my son.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    random person approached me and said "youre unhealthy you can die you need to lose weight" so cruel...I remember trying my hardest not to cry
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I have an expression that seems to scare most people away :)

Evidently I have this gift also.
    Show my unhappy face and a bit of body language. POOF! Most people are gone.
  • CynDoll
    CynDoll Posts: 3
    Options
    LMAO...Good one =)
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend work together and were both cashiers(were not suppose to be dating if we work in the same department), well any ways i went up to him and asked what we was doing that night and he was like idk, and i walked away and the lady in his line was like i think she likes you, and he was like oh really. and she said u should ask her out and he was like wellll i dont know about that just playing along, then she goes yeah shes to chubby for u any ways. but at least he stuck up for me and goes UH THANKS I WOULDNT ASK HER OUT BECAUSE SHES ALREADY MY GIRLFRIEND!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When I was 12 I slept over at a friend's house and not only did her mother make fun of my supposed religion (I had brought a handmade pillow a lady at my mother's church made me for Christmas and it had an angel, my name, and birth date on it and her mom was a psycho atheist) but the next morning she gave me an unopened bottle of green tea capsules and said, "I was going to give these to my daughter, but you need them more." And for the rest of the years I was friends with her daughter every time she saw me she'd pinch my stomach and start giving me advice.

I've also had a guy sitting in his car in the parking lot of a Walmart, he was parked next to where I had pulled up, yell obscene things about my weight as I passed... from inside his car. To me, if you're going to have the balls to call me the names you just did, you better be up in my face, not hiding behind several tons of steel.

The worst though I got last year. I was a member of a long distance relationship support/advice forum and was the single most active member despite the fact I barely spoke about my own relationship since I simply wasn't comfortable and I wanted to respect my boyfriend's privacy as much as possible. February of last year I took a week long trip to see him which ended up being only 3 days because his job called him back in despite having the time to take off and having it scheduled. In that time we never left the hotel room. When I came back and was highlighting the trip in a thread, some people were the atypical angry because of the last minute change in plans, but one woman decided to plainly tell me the only reason we never left the hotel was because he was ashamed of me, I had obviously lied to him about my weight (which is hard to do when you're on webcam all the time...) and when he saw me in person he lost his attraction and not only purposely shut me up in that room, but lied about his job calling him back in just to get away from me. I eventually left the site because of the lack of support and the owner/admin had a grudge against me for whatever.

I could get over the straight up "you're fat" insults and all else, but when someone's telling me my boyfriend hates me for my weight or was doing things on purpose to avoid me in any way, then it just makes me lose it. No one has the right to assume such things, especially when there's no proof behind it.

I don't know why some people think using your own body against you is okay. It's not funny, you're not cool for saying such things, and if you really had that low a self esteem of your own then might I suggest counseling, not using others as your step stools to get back on your pedestal.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I just thought of another one. Weird one from last night. I went to potluck at my dad's church and hadn't seen these people in about almost a year and had dropped quite a bit of weight. One woman commented, "I bet that since you are much smaller now, your apartment must feel huge!" I live in a studio. My dad overheard this conversation and just shook his head. Yeah, dad, I agree.... odd....compliment???