Replies

• LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    Options
    Now the comments I am getting are -

'Eat something'
    'See you later. Enjoy your starvation diet'
    'Nice collarbones'
    'Hey fatty' - from a friend clearly mocking my weight loss.

I just can't win!

This is why we do it for ourselves and NOT for others because no matter what you do people will always have something negative to say. So don't allow others to speak in your life. Keep your focus on your goals and the god Lord above.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a fat f#$%er. I'm comfortable with that as a state of being. Pretty hard to insult me about being fat. I just don't care. I'm not losing weight so other people will think I am better looking, I'm losing weight so I can be a better me.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    at the Y. me and my girlfriend.
    it was summer break so they had a large group of kids there swimming.
    we walked thru, in our swimsuits towards the pool, and this little girl said,"make room for the fatties!"
    lol, it was hilarious then, eye opening, but hilarious.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My father, who only saw me.. I dunno.. once every six months while he was alive, would go into these TIRADES about how "Are you sure your husband is ok with the weight you've gained" "You know this is the kind of thing that makes men stray" "Gaining weight after you get married is never a good idea" "He may not tell you, but he thinks it".

And yeah, he would ALSO ask my husband how he felt about it. "You can probably get her to lose some weight if you tell her about it".

Nevermind that he was RATHER LARGE himself. No matter how many times I tried to explain that my husband even preferred thicker women and that I was VERY active, he still insisted that I was being too fat.

I'll admit I'm fat now, but I sure wasn't -fat- then. I had some jiggle, but the right stuff. ;)
  • nikki_1979
    Options

A five year old girl recently told me......'your tummy is big'. Awesome...............

Kids are the worst. I'm literally terrified of them in public because of the things they will say. I know the parents can't help it and I usually don't say anything to the ones that just look really embarassed or I let them know it's okay. But when the parents laugh....

Over Christmas, some little boy, probably 8 or 9, turns around in the line at Wal-Mart and says: "God, you're the fattest person I've ever seen." My response: "Well Santa is a fat person, and we fat people stick together. Since you're such a rude little boy, I'll call and tell him not to stop by your house."
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "big and beefy"
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at Target one day. I was standing, going through some clothes on a rack. One of the sales people came over and said, "The Plus size clothes are over there," and pointed to a different section. I smiled and said, "Thank you," but I was mortified inside.

That is absolutely ridiculous. That person doesn't know you or your life! For all they knew you could have been shopping for a gift for someone else. Not to mention that it was just plain RUDE. I hope you complained because that person does not deserve to have a job there!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My mother: "If you don't lose some weight and start wearing makeup your boyfriend is going to leave you."

Oh and "We should handcuff you to a treadmill until you lose 40 lbs." That was awesome... i didn't know the person, but it still hurt.
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up, both family members actually.

Ten days after having my 2nd son we drove 7 hours to surprise my Granny on her 80th birthday. As soon as my mom saw me she gave me a big hug, held me at arm's length and said "Wow, you sure packed on the pounds didn't you?!"

and

One day I was changing clothes and my husband walked in. His words: "Damn baby, you used to look good, what happened?"
    I gave birth to 4 of your children, that's what!!

Is he still your husband? Or have you ditched him with the weight?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would like to personally find the guys from Deuce Bigelow and thank them for introducing the tag line Thats a HUGE BlTCH! into society.

And by 'thank' I mean, knee Rob Schneider in the groin. Now who's the huge bltch?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    It was a comment/action combo. I was sitting in the communal kitchen of the dorm I lived in in college and the girlfriend of one of our guy dormmates was watching me eat Triscuits. She looked at me and said something like "Don't you think you should slow down?" She then proceeded to grab one of my belly "rolls" and squish it. In front of probably 95% of the dorm.

People didn't even say anything, they just left the room quickly. Especially the guys, lol.

Luckily though, most of us agreed she was one of the most butt ugly chicks we had ever seen. Thin or not. Seriously.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    When I was obese in my early teens I'd constantly be labeled by my peers. The worst lable was "a walking piece of meat". It is funny that now after many years I'm reaching my perfect form while some of them are suffering the obesity at my current age. I'm not content of that since I won't wish anyone go through that, but it should always serve as a lesson learned.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    At the end of 2011 I saw an Aunt whom I hadn't sen since my Mum's funeral early 2009. At the time of the funeral I had the 'perfect' BMI, didn't have a flt stomach but I looked slim, wasn't healthy though. (Recovered from an ED)

Anyway, after my Mum died I developed another ED, only this one caused me to gain weight.

When I saw my Aunt she said "What happened to you? You used to look so fantastic and skinny, now you look huge. Yea thanks. This coming from the woman who was going in to get a Gastric band fitted two weeks later.

I am still trying to get over the ED but finding it very hard.

My MIL keeps saying to me "You'll never be skinny again, you'll always be fat and lazy." So going to prove that ***** wrong. She is in the morbidly obese category, eats crap all day because she can't be arsed to get up and cook and has gym membership to the same place I do. But, where I go five days a week, she goes five a days a year.

I'm just thankful I have a loving and supportive husband.

Wow....Hope you tell that husband of yours to tell his mommy to shut TFU! My husband would never tolerate ANYONE talking to me like that, especially a family member. So sorry for all your hardships.....a prayer and a :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: for you.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would like to personally find the guys from Deuce Bigelow and thank them for introducing the tag line Thats a HUGE BlTCH! into society.

And by 'thank' I mean, knee Rob Schneider in the groin. Now who's the huge bltch?

Literally made me LOL.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I have an expression that seems to scare most people away :)

I've been called gross,repulsive and a fat blob by people who thought they were out of earshot... nice.
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    "Are you pregnant?" No, it's just fat, thanks for noticing!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    lets see. most of it has been throughout middle school. ive been called

fatass (the most original and frequent)
    whale
    elephant
    hippo
    garbage bag (if I wore my black raincoat

a lot of boys would see me running in terror
    shout earthquake if i jumped
    made trumpet noises like a walking circus elephant
    stuck signs to my back indicating that i am fat
    frequently asked me to be their girlfriend and then laughing hysterically about it
    telling me my rolls stink
    general gagging in my direction
    screaming and running

how the hell am i not depressed? lol
    in highschool nobody really messes with me. there was a girl recently who came up to tell me im to fat to be a stripper and i quickly responded that im aware and glad i don't have to see her nasty cooch at work every day.
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was seeing someone who mentioned I was bigger than him, which has been the result of my weight loss. I thank him.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    When I was obese in my early teens I'd constantly be labeled by my peers. The worst lable was "a walking piece of meat". It is funny that now after many years I'm reaching my perfect form while some of them are suffering the obesity at my current age. I'm not content of that since I won't wish anyone go through that, but it should always serve as a lesson learned.

OMG! OMG! ORLANDO BLOOM is back in the house!!!!! FYI to everyone thinking I'm crazy......I think Titan looks like him. Teehee. Just needed to lighten up this thread. It's so sad :sad: and maddening :grumble: :mad: :explode: :angry: all at the same time
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was dressed as a witch for Halloween and my EX-Husband started laughing and said.."You look like Elvira after 400 bad donuts"...... I was dressed for a party at work and had to go that way because I didn't have time to change again. It ruined my whole day.