worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• icklecyberfairy
    icklecyberfairy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Come to Korea, and you will be dealing with very hurtful, insensitive remarks all the time - I've been in tears many times, but the one at the top of my list just didn't warrant any hurt feelings at all!

One morning I was running for the elevator and caught it just in time. It was only me and one of the senior engineers in the building in the elevator. The moment I stepped in he started looking me up and down.... He started the 'small talk' with 'Do you exercise?' I knew what was coming so replied: 'Not enough!' adding a kind smile. So next comes his advice ' You should exercise more!' to which I replied 'Yes, that's true' (by this time, I wasn't only giving him evasive answers, I was starting to turn my back on him as well)

Next question: "How much do you weigh?" I look around in absolute amazement and say 'Too much".... Him: "no, really how much?" and after he looked me up and down again he offered "150kgs?" To that I replied, "No, that's too much".

Thankfully we reached the 4th floor just then.... Now I take the stairs and get in some much needed exercise. Pity he couldn't climb stairs to rid himself of his rude insensitive manner and his total misunderstanding of appropriate small talk topics in English. :bigsmile:

True. I'm in Korea as well. Before here, I was in the Republic of Georgia (ESL Teacher). In both places, they think comments about your weight are nice and helpful because then they think you'll just "do something" about it.

I TOTALLY understand this. I live in Korea, too. I was told by a photographer (visa photos) that the best way to diet is to "eat kimchi, hamburgers no good." I then continued to tell me "good face, pretty, but too much fat".
  • daniellejg
    Options
    oh also, I was friends with this guy that I had a crush on, and he was going to this party, the host we went to high school with, and he asked the host if he could bring me, and the host told him no, because he had standards. GOD FORBID he have some ugly fat girl at his party.

a) I want to point out that the host had absolutely no room to talk, because he was a bit chunky. And his locker was right next to mine during high school and he had majorly bad B.O.

b) I have to point out that the guy that i had a crush on was obviously a complete idiot for even telling me this lol
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When I was in high school, I was friends, I repeat just FRIENDS with this guy, and as soon as he got a girlfriend I was out of the picture. She hated me and told me that he hated me, and that he would make comments to her about me whenever I walked by, like :"Wide load, coming through". I have no idea if he actually said these things, or if she just made them up because she was insecure about their relationship.

Also another time when I was in high school, there was a guy drawing a person on the chalkboard, and another girl yelled out that it was ugly. The guy asked who said that, and he looked at me because he thought it was me. A different guy announced that it was me and that he should draw me. So the guy drawing drew basically what i can describe as a very large blob. I remember going home and crying. People are so mean.

That was a really long time ago, and I'm over it.

Ugh, I've had that done to me so many times. The worst one was when I was taking part of a week long storyboarding/animation "camp" and one of our first assignments was each person would stand up for five minutes and we had to draw them as quickly as possible, whether realistically or in our own style and then we would show the person what we drew to compare. There was one guy in the group who thought he was too cool for school and when it was my turn everyone drew me rather well except him. He drew an egg-shaped blob, put boobs and my hair on it and my clothes and surrounded "me" in a circle of cakes and candy. It really hurt me, but luckily the man in charge of the area we were in gave him an earful.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Every Christmas when we go to my inlaws my husband's brother invites this older couple and one year she said to me "if you'd eat some vegetables you'd lose some weight." That was it! I started my diet right after that! She still questions me every time I see her about what I am doing to lose weight! She's is such a bag!

You should tell her, "I don't know I eat chocolate bon bons watching Young and the restless and never exercise" Heehe.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You know at funerals you see family you haven't seen for ages. So my uncle comes up to me and says, "Hey I didn't recognize you!" Just then my son, who was about 14, come up and I say,"I'll bet you don't recognize this guy either, It's Danny!" So my uncle says "WOW, DANNY, YOU'VE GOTTEN BIG, TOO!" Oooops! hahahahahaha I think my uncle was more embarrassed than I was!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Holy S#@t Jimmy, your tits are bigger than mine! (from a female)
    Thank goodness the moobs have been now transformed into solid pecs!

I sometimes tell my boyfriend his boobs are bigger than mine, but that's more as a joking insult toward myself for having no boobs.

Never noticed the boob thing.....was a little starstruck thinking you were Meaghan Fox! You are my new "after" photo :bigsmile:

You're way too sweet!!!! <3
    You definitely just made my day!
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    My worst was.....

Aren't you ashamed to be a plus size woman? I mean everywhere you look, in magazines and on TV beautiful women are thin. Diet programs and pills make millions of dollars a year, doesn't that tell you something? Everyone wants to be thin. The only beautiful women are 120lbs or less. You should seriously consider getting plastic surgery and lipo for you to be considered even somewhat attractive. Think about it.
  • lanline
    lanline Posts: 5
    Options
    There have been so many comments about my weight, it's hard to remember them all.
    - Getting a part for my bike and the repairman says "dude... you're going to break that bike with your size."
    - A female coworker starts out telling me a story about some guy with "And he was EVEN BIGGER THAN YOU!...." (weight)
    - "yeah, Colleen was wondering how you could be so fat and a vegetarian?"

Not as bad as the DIRECT ATTACKS, but sometimes these casual reminders are just as cutting.
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I was standing at a bus stop one day, a young guy walked passed me and said "frigging hippo !"

An old co worker of mine that I thought we were becoming friends and about 4 years younger than me said "your the fattest person I've ever talked to much less became friends with" out of the blue one day when we were on a totally different topic.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When are you due?? Also my 3 year old asking "why is your belly so big momma?"
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I were at a red light and a very obese person was crossing the street in front of us. I felt sorry for the lady and mentioned that I don't ever want to be that big....my husband smiled ever so pleasantly and said "You're on your way!"
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ' you are pretty...but you would look so much better if you could lose some weight '
    - some random guy sow me running - ' run you fattie,lose that weight '
    me talking with a friend about why guys are almost never hitting on me - ' well they are just interested in looks '
    -some random guy on the street - 'omg you are so ugly'
    -some guy talking about me - ' well she is really nice but she is so unattractive '
    -one really rude guy - ' i knew you..you were pretty before...you got so fat...have you looked in the mirror lately... you're a fat cow now '
    oh and lots of insults when i was in primary school
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options

A five year old girl recently told me......'your tummy is big'. Awesome...............

Kids are the worst. I'm literally terrified of them in public because of the things they will say. I know the parents can't help it and I usually don't say anything to the ones that just look really embarassed or I let them know it's okay. But when the parents laugh....

Over Christmas, some little boy, probably 8 or 9, turns around in the line at Wal-Mart and says: "God, you're the fattest person I've ever seen." My response: "Well Santa is a fat person, and we fat people stick together. Since you're such a rude little boy, I'll call and tell him not to stop by your house."

Ohhh, that's awesome! I wish i could come up with these comebacks!! This girl is a neighbourhood kid and she seems very young for her age, i'm just guessing really at her age really. I don't think she meant it to be mean but she was making an observation. Mind you, her mother is really thin...........I think what got to me was she said it in front of my six year old son and i think it bothered him bc he blinked his eyes a few times like he was holding back tears. I was the only adult in the room. If she had said it to me and no one else heard i would have been able to shrug it off a bit quicker.....
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've heard plenty of hurtful things over the years... but the worst are probably the ones I say/think about myself....
  • aura100
    aura100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In elementry school they called me 'moby d' :(
  • daniellejg
    Options
    When I was in high school, I was friends, I repeat just FRIENDS with this guy, and as soon as he got a girlfriend I was out of the picture. She hated me and told me that he hated me, and that he would make comments to her about me whenever I walked by, like :"Wide load, coming through". I have no idea if he actually said these things, or if she just made them up because she was insecure about their relationship.

Also another time when I was in high school, there was a guy drawing a person on the chalkboard, and another girl yelled out that it was ugly. The guy asked who said that, and he looked at me because he thought it was me. A different guy announced that it was me and that he should draw me. So the guy drawing drew basically what i can describe as a very large blob. I remember going home and crying. People are so mean.

That was a really long time ago, and I'm over it.

Ugh, I've had that done to me so many times. The worst one was when I was taking part of a week long storyboarding/animation "camp" and one of our first assignments was each person would stand up for five minutes and we had to draw them as quickly as possible, whether realistically or in our own style and then we would show the person what we drew to compare. There was one guy in the group who thought he was too cool for school and when it was my turn everyone drew me rather well except him. He drew an egg-shaped blob, put boobs and my hair on it and my clothes and surrounded "me" in a circle of cakes and candy. It really hurt me, but luckily the man in charge of the area we were in gave him an earful.

Wow that'sawful. I'm glad he got an earful though.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    One time I was called a "B$&@!", by a woman, who was much heavier than me, while she was eating an ice cream cone. I just shook my head. No matter if you are overweight or thin, comments about your appearance can hurt anyone.
  • Noontz
    Noontz Posts: 1
    Options
    MOOOOOOO!!!

Your A.. is so wide you could drive a tractor trailer through it.

The appropriate response to that is "Too bad all you have is a Mini!"
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A male friend told me that he ran into my ex-boyfriend. I asked how he was doing, and the reply was "He's living with a new girl. It's weird, she's exactly like you, except skinny." I didn't know how to respond, because I wasn't sure if he said it to be mean, or if it was unintentional. Either way, it made me feel like ****. And I don't even care what the ex is up to, I was just making polite conversation.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    When I was about 6 1/2 months along with my daughter a lady at my Mom's church overheard be talking about my pregnancy and laughed in my face and said "OH! You're pregnant...I just thought you were fat"....yea....thanks lady...