5'4, what is your goal weight? :)

Options
I'm having trouble choosing a GW for myself,
what is your goal weight?

Replies

• mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    135-145 lbs. Wherever in there I feel healthy and have a flat stomach!! I don't want to pick a number because that's just too much to maintain. A healthy 5 lb range is good, though. :-)
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'4" and I would considered myself to be medium framed, my ideal weight is something around 130 pounds.
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    In looking at the weight range that will put me at a healthy BMI, I have chosen 62kg (136 pounds) as my goal weight .
  • Pamu101
    Pamu101 Posts: 33
    Options
    125, maybe 120
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 130lb
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well Im 5'3 and my goal weight is 130.. Lowest 115
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    118-122
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    112-115 pounds for now
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4'' and currently weigh in at 139, down from 210 at my highest. I'd be happy enough here, but I'd really like to get back to my before Christmas meltdown weight of 134. I felt great and didn't have the extra muffin top I have now.

I realize that I'm going to have to really work to keep 134 and I may not like that much effort.

I agree with you that 135 - 145 is a reasonable goal. Pick when you get closer.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love to be 150
  • natwmartinez
    Options
    I am going for 160, but I am 90 pounds to lose and what to make a realistic goal for myself. I always fail when I say 135. I wish I could get over my mental hump!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". I wen tto the dietician and physician prior to joining MFP. I was told that I am obese and have a very small frame. So, I need to be in the 118-125 range.

I've lost about 11 lbs and now am at 145lbs. I need at least another 20 lbs of lose. Good luck on your journey. Remember-everytime you eat its a new chance to make the right choice.

We are all here to help, guide and empower you to be successful on your journey.
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my gw is 125. Really depends how I feel when I get there!
  • Reban060
    Reban060 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and mine is 65 kg, which would be around 143 lbs. It will give me a BMI of 24.8. It is just below the border for "normal", and since I'll be striving to gain some musclemass that seems reasonable. My dreamweight that I know I can't reach would be 60 kg (132 lbs).
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4'' and currently weigh in at 139, down from 210 at my highest. I'd be happy enough here, but I'd really like to get back to my before Christmas meltdown weight of 134. I felt great and didn't have the extra muffin top I have now.

I realize that I'm going to have to really work to keep 134 and I may not like that much effort.

I agree with you that 135 - 145 is a reasonable goal. Pick when you get closer.

What an inspiration! I am currently 180 from 213 just shows that it can be done! :) How long has it taken you if you don't mind me asking?
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am looking at around 140-145 right now I am at 162 so well see as I get closer.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and set my original goal at 140. At 143 I'm still a small bit pudgier than I'd like and will be working down to 135(if I can ever get my weight to budge again haha). But I've known people of similar heights in similar weights that looked better. It all depends on your frame, how you hold your weight, and what exercises you are doing to achieve and maintain your weight.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your frame, how you hold your weight, and what exercises you are doing to achieve and maintain your weight.

Yeah that's so true when I was in college I was 10kg/22lb LIGHTER than I am now but was in a (AUS size 16) and am now whilst being 10kg heavier a AUS size 12! Who knows :)
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was 180. I'm down to 151.7. Originally my goal was 150. Now that I am close, I think it's 140. It may drop again still.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I a mere 5ft 3inches and I currently weigh just under 160lbs. I'm really hoping for 129lbs. I don't know why, but the number just stuck.