Big Men

Options
bigsizemo
bigsizemo Posts: 21 Member
I have noticed that there are many woman on this site not that it's a problem, because generally it's harder for a woman to loose compared to a man, BUT for motivation sake WHERE are the men and their success stories as I am a 6'3 BIG MAN looking to stay motivated and get in shape.

Replies

• nopswd
    nopswd Posts: 12
    Options
    I've asked the same question. I've found that this is primarily a womens site. I like it for the food tracker. It's the best one I've found
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    6'0 started at 262lbs, now im 227. I started playing basketball to add some competition into my exercise and it worked wonders. It was just hard to stay motivated without it. Competition rules.

I jumped on the treadmill after 3 months of playing basketball and ran 3.1 miles (5K) non stop. I only ran one other time for 2 miles a few weeks back. I follow the food tracker and log everything I eat.

I'm not calling myself a success story yet, but I am on my way. We can do this.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    There is a fella on here who lost a boatload and just looks beast now.
    His thread is probably lost in the tides of estrogen.

This guy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/546883-update-with-comparison-pics-304-lbs-lost
  • grayyoung84
    grayyoung84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    6'4" and started at 240 and down to 224, not at my goal weight though but getting closer and closer everyday!
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Right here brotha, Im 6'4 and i think am at a place where some say they would one day like to be, as for me i am not at that point yet, i have realized how far i have come when i have my eyes open but so much further where i want to be when i close them.
  • mag1c
    mag1c Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    6'4" Ive been almost 300lbs lost down to just under 200 and have been hitting the weight room really hard for the past 8-9 months and currently weigh 215 with around 10%bf. I dont screw around on the forums much because there is so much drama every time I read thru the threads. I track my calories and more importantly my specific macros via the mobile app.

Us big guys can have success with MFP, just stick with it and you will come thru on the other side a meaner and leaner you.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on height, but I was big around. I started at 5'7 376lbs, now after 15 months am down to 184 lbs.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Okay only 5'8" started at 225 7 months and down to 165
  • D2244
    D2244 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not tall 5 7" but on a roll with 25 lbs lost. It is good to see other men on this site. I am mainly here for the calorie counter...it is tje best one I have used. Thanks for posting.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    6 foot and started at 245. Now down to 173 which is 20 lbs below my original goal. Do a lot of running, biking and swimming. Getting into Triathlons. Skinniest I've been since I got out of the Navy which was a long time ago.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2". In March-April 2011 I had ballooned up to 300-ish lbs and started trying on my own to lose weight. When I joined MFP in January 2012 I was 278 and quickly saw 281 before I fully committed. First goal weight is 240.

I've been 230+ since I was 18 and rather athletic. My profile pic is me at 260, wearing 40 inch waist jeans that I have now replaced with 38s.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • OmegaGator
    OmegaGator Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6'7 360ish I didn't take a start weight but i'd say 370ish. Trying to get to 250ish, gotta get in shape might try and get back into football.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    6'3". ~320lb.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5'9 280 my scale was off now I have to reconfigure this deal. I dont car about weight just trying to get ripped!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Big Fella here!
    Add me, Big Men Unite! Tell the lil fellas to back up Size 13 and up shoes only! (just kidding) but yea, the plight of the big big man is often hidden simply because most of US choose to exist that way. Trust me I know. My shell is only beginning to crack. Again, add me, I could use the support and loving giving that same support back in return!
    #Letsgettit!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I got few of them in my friends list and they're all amazingly motivating and friendly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!