A WHOLE Rotisserie Chicken.

Options
1235»

Replies

• LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    OP I have seen you on these forums before and I think you may have a serious issue.
    You NEED to go see some professionals. Start with a doctor and tell them what you are doing, they will steer you in the right direction. You over exercise, you under eat and from what you posted once you fainted in the gym? You appear to be thin in your pictures and maybe you are just "skinny fat". You may need to slowly up to maitenence and strength train, not 2 hours of cardio at the gym. I am worried for you. This site worries me.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    i was trying to follow the caveman diet. go ahead n laugh, but i thought it would really give me all the energy i needed. or replace all the stuff i lost working out on E this morning.

I hate to tell you this, but after studying a lot of anthropology, there wasn't chicken mentioned anywhere in my teacher's lectures. He said a lot about nuts, fruits, roots, vegetation, occasional game but not much, lizards, wild birds, forest boars or monkeys (bush meat), and stuff like that... but no.. chicken ;)

Honestly, eat more nuts for protein if you don't like the meat. Or if you do eat meat, eat pork, chicken, or beef, switch it up. If you like fish, there's even more choices.

honestly i wasnt supposed to be eating chicken, but sea animals only. they feed chickens slop.

Sea animals don't exist unless the caveman lived near oceans, which not all of them did. This makes no sense. Yes, they do feed the chickens slop, so you should buy free-range chickens that are allowed to forage.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    For one...Do not eat a whole chicken. Secondly, RELAX! Don't stress so much over stuff like this.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Okay, if you get grossed out easily, don't read this. It will put you off your chicken feed.

1. Chicken is loaded with hormones that are there to make them grow faster (I will avoid talking about the ethical implications of that)

2. Chicken is loaded with antibiotics that are there to keep them alive long enough to make it to the slaughterhouse

3. Chicken is often contaminated with their own feces during the slaughtering process when the bowels are nicked and so on

and (the most disgusting part)

4. The now plucked and dressed chicken is lowered into a bath of broth that consists of water, chicken feces, and feathers.

The government (U.S.) allows the slaughterhouses to soak chicken in broth in order to keep the meat moist (so the industry says this is why it is necessary). The truth is that the broth increases the weight of the finished product, thus making them a profit and you possibly sick. Since the broth contains feces and other chicken by-products, there is an increased risk for salmonella and other types of food poisoning. Thus, the meat is radiated. Still doesn't sound yummy to me, but knock yourself out because as long as people are willing to pay for filthy chicken meat, the industry will continue offering to you.

I, in the meantime, buy my meat from local farmers who butcher their own.

This public service message was brought to you by JadeLight1. :wink:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    3. Chicken is often contaminated with their own feces during the slaughtering process when the bowels are nicked and so on

4. The now plucked and dressed chicken is lowered into a bath of broth that consists of water, chicken feces, and feathers.
    My dog eats her feces, and she's perfectly fine.
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I wish my current meal plan allowed me to eat popcorn. I could use some while reading this thread. :laugh:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Okay, if you get grossed out easily, don't read this. It will put you off your chicken feed.

1. Chicken is loaded with hormones that are there to make them grow faster (I will avoid talking about the ethical implications of that)

2. Chicken is loaded with antibiotics that are there to keep them alive long enough to make it to the slaughterhouse

The government (U.S.) allows the slaughterhouses to soak chicken in broth in order to keep the meat moist (so the industry says this is why it is necessary). The truth is that the broth increases the weight of the finished product, thus making them a profit and you possibly sick. Since the broth contains feces and other chicken by-products, there is an increased risk for salmonella and other types of food poisoning. Thus, the meat is radiated. Still doesn't sound yummy to me, but knock yourself out because as long as people are willing to pay for filthy chicken meat, the industry will continue offering to you.

I, in the meantime, buy my meat from local farmers who butcher their own.

This public service message was brought to you by JadeLight1. :wink:

Actually hormones are not given to chickens in the US. I can't speak for other countries. Its illegal.
    I agree on the antibiotics though. However chicken processing is no more clean on a farm. I can assure you.

Its funny the things people get 'grossed out' by. You are also allowed to have so many insect parts and rodent hairs per quantities of food items. The bacterial counts in things like juice boxes are off the charts.
    You have no idea what is on every head of fresh lettuce you buy, or every apple. If you did you would probably stop eating all together.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    I looked at dead aphids on my broccoli with my microscope....that is, after I steamed it.

I ate it anyway because I have an immune system that can deal with dead aphids and I was hungry.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    OP I have seen you on these forums before and I think you may have a serious issue.
    You NEED to go see some professionals. Start with a doctor and tell them what you are doing, they will steer you in the right direction. You over exercise, you under eat and from what you posted once you fainted in the gym? You appear to be thin in your pictures and maybe you are just "skinny fat". You may need to slowly up to maitenence and strength train, not 2 hours of cardio at the gym. I am worried for you. This site worries me.

thanks for the concern, but that was a single incident and i have since learned to eat more. the only thing is i am afraid to open that door because it leads me to not know what options to choose. i would rather have a few good options than a bunch of good and bad options. i get overwhelmed when i think about food. i may be a food addict, idk.

as far as the chicken/hormones thing, i am getting grossed out. and the fecal water thing is just too much. i am definitely not eating anymore of the chicken. i had some today but will likely not eat anymore of it after reading that.