Oh no.......I've been deleted!

Options

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

Nice I made the fahking cut, spoken like a true Bostonian

why aren't you watching the sox game right now?

Who says I'm not
  • jhardenbergh
    Options

Who says I'm not

Toronto 2-1, Papi at the bat no ones onbase, take that back Papi is on first now
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Sniff sniff....dude, is that stench of whine you or my cheese?

Het your panties out of a wad. The ultimate motivator in life is YOU. And I have to add, you are whining worse than a newborn crying for a nipple.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Deleting someone in particular, was one of my best moves EVER! tehehe!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options

Who says I'm not

Toronto 2-1, Papi at the bat no ones onbase, take that back Papi is on first now

Damn it, Toronto got out of the inning unscathed, Papi stranded
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Be thankful. They might have a reason, & usually is your posts which doesn't match their preferences. You don't need someone who clearly stands against everything you do.

Couldn't have said it better...
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to reply. If and when I delete someone, 9 times out of 10 it's not personal. I like to be able to interact with everyone and provide encouragement and feedback. Sometimes if the list gets too big, it becomes difficult. Then there are the few cases, where I just don't gel with the person. That being said, I don't need to defend it or justify it. It's my prerogative.

Whatever you deleted me because you are mean and you hate me. I cried for so long that I don't even remember being your friend ;p
    i deleted, oh, 58 people today. I was super cranky and made the rule if i didn't "talk" to someone over the past week, it was over. Not that i wanted to be mean, just that my damned list was getting ridiculous for me to keep up with and i really want to support those people who also support me.

of course you aren't talking about me here, i just thought i'd chime in on my mass delete practices today.

and you did because you're mean too, but you're just mean enough to keep me so it's cool
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    wow, reading this has made me update my profile to lower expectations lol
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sniff sniff....dude, is that stench of whine you or my cheese?

Het your panties out of a wad. The ultimate motivator in life is YOU. And I have to add, you are whining worse than a newborn crying for a nipple.

Honestly, I'm not whining and found it a little amusing......much more amusing than your lame attempt at humor. I probably would delete someone like you for the inability to read and comprehend sarcasm.

It's fine, anyone on here should delete and do as they wish with their own friend list. It's your journey and whatever makes you do what you need to do - do it!

I recently received an email from someone that I had deleted for no good reason and it made me feel kinda bad. It made me realize that just because you don't interact with someone on a daily basis, maybe for some reason being their friend helps them stay motivated. This gave me a good opportunity to put this out there.....

P.S. You should also work on your spelling and grammar.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Have less than 10 friends, never been deleted, but I also don't talk much. I guess my 'friends' don't seem to mind though. *shrug*
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i deleted one woman because she wrote everything, i mean everything she did all day long. my news feed would only be her and i would have to seek out my other friends pages to support them. now i see everyone again and feel better about it.

That being said i have been deleted by two people, both of whom i actually talked to and joked with. it did hurt my feelings. It turned out that one of them completely deleted their account so nothing about me there. just not sure why the other one did.

i like active friends that inspire me when i see their exercise news and good diaries. i like a little pat on the back when i do well too. i like to read friends blogs. i write a blog too, no one seems to read it much, but i like to record what i do and what it felt like.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Be thankful. They might have a reason, & usually is your posts which doesn't match their preferences. You don't need someone who clearly stands against everything you do.

This! Sometimes you get friends who aren't about what you are about. I deleted someone a few weeks ago that posted things I personally didn't want to read. Now, that's before I knew there was a "hide" option but, why be friends with someone if you are going to hide them? I don't think you should just randomly delete people but, if they are consistently posting things you don't agree with...delete! I'm not a mean person, I don't randomly delete....and I don't kick puppies. ;)

There is a hide option? Why am I only hearing about this now? How does that work? Does it only block friends or can I hide anyone? People have been deleted off my list because of their other friends dumb commenting
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little surprised that people take it so seriously. Unless I know the person in real life or it's someone who frequently corresponded with me it doesn't matter. Life is way too short to have hurt feelings over "internet friends". I recently cut my list in half, I could not keep up with all those people and most didn't even correspond with me. If any had hurt feelings, I'm sorry for that but really I can't imagine wasting the time worrying about.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have been deleted before oh well!!!! I guess my niceness and positive attitude scared them away! :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little surprised that people take it so seriously. Unless I know the person in real life or it's someone who frequently corresponded with me it doesn't matter. Life is way too short to have hurt feelings over "internet friends". I recently cut my list in half, I could not keep up with all those people and most didn't even correspond with me. If any had hurt feelings, I'm sorry for that but really I can't imagine wasting the time worrying about.

I would delete you just for the fancy French screen name...show off! Just kidding! Like I said, to each their own. Some people get wrapped up in it.........
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This cool kid still thinks you rock and is happy to have you as a pal! Just sayin'

And I'm awesome!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    oh noes....
    CrosbyCrying.gif
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey, also keep in mind that some people (such as myself), inadvertently delete 1 or 2 peeps and then they (meaning me) thinks they got deleted! I can't be the only one here!!!
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Awe..this is the sweetest thread :flowerforyou:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    yea, yea, yea, but do we really exist or is this all a dream anyway?