Oh no.......I've been deleted!

Options

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It really is a crappy feeling. I refuse to delete - my only exceptions are when a pal consistently nets under 1200 and/or posts unhealthy/triggering statuses OR has been inactive over 2 months.

That being said, I'd never delete ya! You're an excellent pal, and I'm glad to have you as a friend on here!

Ah, thanks Sis - I appreciate you too!

I guess I should add the disclaimer that if you turn out to be a complete crack pot, with some type of condition/issues/anger/or display some other kind of reckless behavior then I would still delete but any normal, run of the mill nut job - I'm sticking with ya.....:flowerforyou:

Oh... so NOW there are exceptions?? What next?
    Seriously, I never even thought of it.
    I wonder who's deleted me?
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    yea, yea, yea, but do we really exist or is this all a dream anyway?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Being deleted hurts.

I usually only get deleted by people older than me.
    I'm 19. I'm not sorry for anything. Can't please everyone..
    Their loss. (;
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sniff sniff....dude, is that stench of whine you or my cheese?

Het your panties out of a wad. The ultimate motivator in life is YOU. And I have to add, you are whining worse than a newborn crying for a nipple.

Honestly, I'm not whining and found it a little amusing......much more amusing than your lame attempt at humor. I probably would delete someone like you for the inability to read and comprehend sarcasm.

It's fine, anyone on here should delete and do as they wish with their own friend list. It's your journey and whatever makes you do what you need to do - do it!

I recently received an email from someone that I had deleted for no good reason and it made me feel kinda bad. It made me realize that just because you don't interact with someone on a daily basis, maybe for some reason being their friend helps them stay motivated. This gave me a good opportunity to put this out there.....

P.S. You should also work on your spelling and grammar.

LearnerBeef AKA Grammar Man!!!!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    sometimes in life you grow apart. People are here for different reasons; some need the constant encouragement of a daily pat on the back; some are here to look at the boobies {both gender}; and other came here to assist themselves in tracking their daily lives and found it fun to interact with other. You were deleted, unless they were someone you were providing support to and they were providing you support back. Put some cream on it and move on. Like mommy said, there are other fish in the sea and other snw flakes will fall.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Beef!!! You are the coil kid in my eyes!!! You egg me on when I wanna dive into a vat of chocolate and eat it till its gone!!!
    Lol "cool" not "coil"
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll only unfriend you if you top ten:
    10. Suck the life out of every conversation we have. I'm sorry you're not willing to go full on for 90 minutes on the elliptical.
    9. Your gf/bf suck the life out of you and you're trying to use me for positive reinforcement.
    8. Restart #x, yet your don't recognize that sometimes we let go, and/or you're a freaking psycho.
    7. If you really had abs like that you'd be on M&F, not MFP.
    6. You congratulate people who aren't living or are obviously looking for an out (I only ate spinach for a week and gained 15 lbs).
    5 You don't understand that cool kids don't call themselves cool kids, but rather understand, we're all cool.
    4. You stress too much on the things that don't matter in the long term (i.e., that brownie you ate).
    3. You troll for weaker folks who actually have eating disorders.
    2. You post a picture as a profile that isn't actually you. Yes, she's hot, so? Set a date, make it happen, then contrast and compare.
    1. I bother you. Don't friend me to diss me.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just realized I've been deleted by one of the MFP "cool kids"....lol. Kinda funny ;-)

Personally, I've decided to no longer delete anyone off of my friend list. I've done hatchet jobs in the past, partially due to my list getting too large and partially due to me experiencing the male version of "that time of the month". So, if I deleted you in the past, I'm sorry....it's not you, it's me & really, it's kinda stupid. If you're on my list it's because at some point one of us was inspired by or interested in supporting the other.....Good luck y'all!! :drinker:

Man up and stop whinging on a public thread - it happens, and it's everybody's right to delete friends they're not interacting enough with. Sometimes I give people reasons before I excommunicate them, and sometimes I don't, depending on the circumstances.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get deleted it is just a matter of time that someone even more awesome will take their place.:drinker:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little surprised that people take it so seriously. Unless I know the person in real life or it's someone who frequently corresponded with me it doesn't matter. Life is way too short to have hurt feelings over "internet friends". I recently cut my list in half, I could not keep up with all those people and most didn't even correspond with me. If any had hurt feelings, I'm sorry for that but really I can't imagine wasting the time worrying about.

I would delete you just for the fancy French screen name...show off! Just kidding! Like I said, to each their own. Some people get wrapped up in it.........

You wouldn't have the chance to delete me (so there :tongue: ) LOL Kidding, but really, I don't add men as friends. :wink:
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I delete on a regular basis. Once a week usually. I have been deleted before. Instead of being upset about it. Why not ask yourself, what was I not giving that person that they needed. =) I really hate those people that request to be my friend but yet never comment on anything or send any messages or even post their own status'. Drives me nuts. Delete. Rude or not. I have expectations of my friends. Live up to it or you are cut.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I delete on a regular basis. Once a week usually. I have been deleted before. Instead of being upset about it. Why not ask yourself, what was I not giving that person that they needed. =) I really hate those people that request to be my friend but yet never comment on anything or send any messages or even post their own status'. Drives me nuts. Delete. Rude or not. I have expectations of my friends. Live up to it or you are cut.

Guys don't neglect. But, you're not a fan of guys. :/
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Just realized I've been deleted by one of the MFP "cool kids"....lol. Kinda funny ;-)

Personally, I've decided to no longer delete anyone off of my friend list. I've done hatchet jobs in the past, partially due to my list getting too large and partially due to me experiencing the male version of "that time of the month". So, if I deleted you in the past, I'm sorry....it's not you, it's me & really, it's kinda stupid. If you're on my list it's because at some point one of us was inspired by or interested in supporting the other.....Good luck y'all!! :drinker:

Man up and stop whinging on a public thread - it happens, and it's everybody's right to delete friends they're not interacting enough with. Sometimes I give people reasons before I excommunicate them, and sometimes I don't, depending on the circumstances.

Are you trying to be one of the "cool kids"

It's a ot forum, who cares what someone wants to post. Don't like it, don't reply.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    6. You congratulate people who aren't living or are obviously looking for an out (I only ate spinach for a week and gained 15 lbs).
    I would definitely not congratulate someone for not living.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    As long as I get my fix of bacon I won't be swinging any axes at my friends list.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm the mad whacker. I've been known to accept/add friends and them whack them the next day. Some I'll keep for a while because they amuse me, some I just like to add to my body count. My goal is to eventually add and whack everybody on MFP at one time or another. If your interested in getting whacked.. FR me... :explode:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Everybody loses friends through life. Even in the movies!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgkeBoHvVd-cq1W9FLGB0Ev8GytFXuEpWraI-G8w4VkEnJxZg0
    Damn you...now I am craving shrimp.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I always state I actively encourage my friends to delete me...and not to feel guilty about it. The only way I can tell is when the naked pics stop rolling in.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Are you trying to be one of the "cool kids"

It's a ot forum, who cares what someone wants to post. Don't like it, don't reply.

lol so them saying to man up makes them one of the cool kid wannabes? Jesus, this whole "woe is me" thing going on where people think they should be rewarded for their social ineptitude is ridiculous. If you want friends, make friends. If you don't keep those friends, don't whine about it, make new friends.

Because I think that way, I suppose that means I want to be a cool kid as well, huh?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I always state I actively encourage my friends to delete me...and not to feel guilty about it. The only way I can tell is when the naked pics stop rolling in.

Naked pics you say? Go on...