Do women not look at the toilet first...

Options

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    In my house, The lid is always closed, unless it is in use. I have 1 dog and 2 cats. My only issue is pee on the seat.. I don't usually see it on the seat either... ughhh #fail
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    you can train cats to use the toilet, if you leave the seat down.

I think thats the only legit argument I have ever heard.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

well played
  • MrDude_1
    Options

well played

2264060604_eed7fc6a36.jpg
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    In the middle of the night I don't turn on the light so as not to fully wake...

Men really will look to shift blame in the great toilet seat debate. We sit all the time, and you sit some of the time. More sitting is done than standing therefore the seat should stay down.

God forbid the woman drives the car and doesn't move the seat back and you bang your knees. THAT is totally unacceptable, but it's all our responsibility to make sure our vaginas stay out of the damn toilet water.

:noway:

Hey, I do my part when the gf is around. I leave it down when I'm done. But, if you're falling in, figure out why. Turn the light on.

Also - we live in California where water conservation is drilled into our head... "if it's yellow, let it mellow - if it's brown, flush it down"

Put the g-damn seat down.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    In the middle of the night I don't turn on the light so as not to fully wake...

Men really will look to shift blame in the great toilet seat debate. We sit all the time, and you sit some of the time. More sitting is done than standing therefore the seat should stay down.

God forbid the woman drives the car and doesn't move the seat back and you bang your knees. THAT is totally unacceptable, but it's all our responsibility to make sure our vaginas stay out of the damn toilet water.

:noway:

Hey, I do my part when the gf is around. I leave it down when I'm done. But, if you're falling in, figure out why. Turn the light on.

Also - we live in California where water conservation is drilled into our head... "if it's yellow, let it mellow - if it's brown, flush it down"

Put the g-damn seat down.

water conservation is for hippies.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    at night I go girly style then there are no "complaints"
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I really think that women generally have grosser toilet hygiene than men. Maybe it's due to the fact that there are more bodily fluids to dispose of, but ugh. Jesus.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    ÃŽ am more mad if the lid isn't down! Think of all those nasty germs flying round the bathroom! :-(
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I always look !
  • DSCLBD
    DSCLBD Posts: 40
    Options
    I am the only female in the house, with 3 boys and a hubby I HAVE to look :laugh: But seriously, I would think that everyone should put the whole seat down including the lid, but then I guess the boys would start peeing on the closed lid and say ... well it should be left up it's your fault for putting it down :laugh:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.
    lol ^^ This..........men have horrible aim...and it's just disgusting to not put the seat down for us ladies...especially when we are groggy in the middle of the night!

explain how it's disgusting for you to not pay attention to where you're parking that thing? lol
    explain to me why and how men manage to piss everywhere but the toilet bowl....lol
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    When it's dark, and we are sleepily stubbling into the bathroom, We don't look. Thus our *kitten* goes in the toilet, and the water is very cold... PLUS yall pee on the rim, and we sit in it.
    lol ^^ This..........men have horrible aim...and it's just disgusting to not put the seat down for us ladies...especially when we are groggy in the middle of the night!

explain how it's disgusting for you to not pay attention to where you're parking that thing? lol
    explain to me why and how men manage to piss everywhere but the toilet bowl....lol

ok first.. its not always one stream. women seem to ASSUME it all comes out one direction.. but it doesnt.
    second... initial aim may be a little off... it takes only a slightly off trajectory to put a dribble on your day.
    third.. we dont wipe it. we shake it. while we aim to shake that last bit in there, if it goes somewhere we dont see.... tough shizsnacks... we didnt see it.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

ok first.. its not always one stream. women seem to ASSUME it all comes out one direction.. but it doesnt.
    second... initial aim may be a little off... it takes only a slightly off trajectory to put a dribble on your day.
    third.. we dont wipe it. we shake it. while we aim to shake that last bit in there, if it goes somewhere we dont see.... tough shizsnacks... we didnt see it.

Fair enough. But then you should clean it up, don't leave it for your lady.

She's busy makin' sammiches.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

those are absurd excuses....lol, eh...guess its the best explanation ill get. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine just backin' it up and plopping down. I have to inspect for piss dribble. I only care about the seat being up is when the toilet flushes, all the wonderful pee and poop sprinkles fly through the air and land on stuff. I swear, I'm borderline germaphobe, BUT STILL. Isn't that why toilets have a toilet cover???
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    In my house, The lid is always closed, unless it is in use. I have 1 dog and 2 cats. My only issue is pee on the seat.. I don't usually see it on the seat either... ughhh #fail

Me, too! Growing up,mom always wanted seat and lid down. Dogs drink out of the toilet, cats fall in the toilet, and it is true that if you flush with lid open that germs fly. I read that we shouldn't even have toothbrushes and cups on sink cause of toilet spray in the bathroom. And I hate when girls hover, too. They always piddle on the seat. A toilet is cleaner than most people's desks.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    What I have never understood is the need beyond the age of 6 to put the seat up in the first place. YOU HAVE AIMING CAPABILITIES. WTF?
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I do look at the toilet first, always, and my husband and I have always put the toilet seat & lid down every time. The kids pretty much follow suit as well. We just think it looks better that way, and it keeps the dogs from drinking from it. I am terrible about remembering to look at the toilet paper roll to make sure the person before me didn't use it all before sitting down, though. That's the worst. I try to keep extra rolls somewhere in the bathroom, just in case, but I keep the new package of tp in the hall closet. There have been many times when I've had to call for someone to please bring me some more tp. If only the kids could remember to refill the roll every time. They'll get there one day... :smile:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I grew up in an all female household so I'm so used to it being down that I don't look