What is YOUR motivation to lose weight?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1.) refusing to see myself tip the scale at 200 without some huge muscles to credit for it
    2.) refusing to go up another pant size
    3.) to look better for my Hunny on our wedding day and after
    4.) i want this

-not always in that order!
  • jacksmom35
    jacksmom35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want my son to think he has a beautiful mommy! (And it wouldn't hurt if his daddy thought he had a hot mommy!)
  • tstevy19
    tstevy19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons, some are pretty shallow, yet very motivating.
    1. Prove everyone from High School wrong!!! They all thought I would be fat forever. I look better than most of them do now! (I've lost 71 pounds)
    2. Be happy with my body. I HATE that pooch under my belly button.
    3. Confidence.
    4. Easy clothes shopping that's actually FUN.
    5. Health. I went hiking this past weekend and it felt so good knowing my weight didn't hold me back!

There's a ton more, but these are the big ones!
  • max224280
    Options
    BIKINI BODY!
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been divorced for 11 years. I want to date a decent man that is attracted to me. Not a dead beat that just wants a piece of *kitten*. Plus for my health, myself and I want to be around to see my grandchildren. Last August I was told I was among the "walking dead." This year I am getting healthy and enjoy the challenge of eating right, keeping track of calories and staying under and working out. I love the extra energy and positive mind frame I have gained thus far.
  • Meltdown34
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just looking to get back to my normal weight, I had started really well about a year ago and kinda got stuck, I had already lost about 30lbs so trying to keep going and finally hitting my goal!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    bikini body.... yeah,back in the day I had a bright yellow bikini. my measurements were 37 25 37. I pulled that swim suit out of a drawer today, it is 30 yrs old. the elastic crinkled. I WILL! won't look the same but dang it I WILL
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I didn't read everyone's post but no matter what your motivation is good for you and congrats for taking your life by the rains and moving in the right direction toward a better you!

My motivation to loose weight is my husband! He is and has always been in great shape and health and fitness mean alot to him. I know he loves me but I want to look good for him, I want him to always find me sexy and I was letting myself go. I also want to be healthy for my children I want to be able to keep up with them and not be tired and laying on the couch all day! I haven't seen my hubby in six months and by the time I see him I should be down around 40 lbs and in better shape than I was when we met and got married over six years ago. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees me!
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I don't need motivation. I just wanna be able to live to see my 60s
  • prism6
    Options
    I didn't read everyone's post but no matter what your motivation is good for you and congrats for taking your life by the rains and moving in the right direction toward a better you!

My motivation to loose weight is my husband! He is and has always been in great shape and health and fitness mean alot to him. I know he loves me but I want to look good for him, I want him to always find me sexy and I was letting myself go. I also want to be healthy for my children I want to be able to keep up with them and not be tired and laying on the couch all day! I haven't seen my hubby in six months and by the time I see him I should be down around 40 lbs and in better shape than I was when we met and got married over six years ago. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees me!
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I love your motivation!
  • prism6
    Options
    I think THAT is awsome!
  • SouthernGal74
    Options
    To feel comfortable in my own skin.To look in the mirror&see the person that I am on the inside..lol
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    My biggest motivation is I want to be healthier so I can watch my child grow up and become a man. I want to be able to keep up with him. He also wants the same. He is 7 and is one of my biggest supporters.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My horse Disco deserves a smaller, lighter rider. And it's just time to get healthy and stay that way and break the family cycle of poor nutrition habits.:happy: