Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I completed my day on a good note. 12 cups of water, strength trained and took a leisurely walk. Like I mentioned before I just started back strength training plus I'm messing around with my TDEE so I haven't been losing. Just maintaining. Hopefully my loss will start once again. Well I know it will. Not too worried about it. I know I've lost a lot but now I'm nearing the end of that journey and about to adventure into the next phase....changing my body... body composition. My BF% is 34. Just too much fat. I look like a charpei...well that's the way I see myself. Hopefully I can view myself in a better light as this process goes on.

Anyway until tomorrow everyone have a good evening.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Wow - day 3 & I'm still here. So thankful! Honestly, weight loss is one of the biggest battles of my life. If I just intentionally didn't care how much I weighed, or how fit I was - that would be one thing. Instead I use food as a drug - to reward, to soothe, to punish.... it doesn't make sense when you think about it. On paper it sounds so easy. Eat less, exercise more. I know along with tracking & exercising, there is deeper work to be done. I need to learn how to handle certain feelings & emotions in a more healthful way. I believe that is the key to long term weight loss success. I'm visualizing some sort of video game where you have to defeat certain levels & at the end, you earn the key to open the door to lifelong weight maintenance & fitness. So, as one friend recently said - take things one day at a time. So, that is what I'm doing - one day at a time while having an action plan ready for the next day to come.

Whallvr: Hawaii here you come!!! How exciting!

Rachellosesit: 794 calorie burn is amazing!

tealighttrees - can you brainstorm up some ways to deal with the work stress? Break anything down into smaller more manageable pieces?

RubyRed75 - great work with the calorie count!

poopoomonkey1 - make it your goal to finish the challenge - be it good, bad or ugly. That is my focus too as I have a habit of starting out stong, and crashing somewhere in the middle.... That will not be my story this challenge! I am re-writing the book of ME! :)

Desirai - looking at your photo I see a stong, confident gorgeous woman! Then, I look at your weight tracker & it tells me that you are a hard worker, have dedication & can reach a goal you set for yourself. Tell all that to the mirror next time you look - and know that is what people who see you are thinking :)

Wishing you all a most wondrous day! My goal for the day is to get a workout in.

Many hugs to you all,

Amy :0)
  • tealighttrees
    Options

tealighttrees - can you brainstorm up some ways to deal with the work stress? Break anything down into smaller more manageable pieces?

Hey Amy (myh name is Amy too!)

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it's not the kind of stress that I can manage -- it's coming from changes to the company and stuff that I'm just not sure I'm okay with. I've come home sick today, so at least I have some breathing room, and I'm not doing too badly with my eating and whatnot today, so yay! :D
  • mrsgstone
    mrsgstone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So far this week, I've surpassed the calorie goal and hopefully still doing well on the water! Just had a quick question... what kind of weight loss mode is everyone on? I have my goals set to lose 1 pound a week but I'm thinking of changing it to 1.5 pounds a week for this challenge to help me meet the goal of losing 20 pounds. Just looking for any advice/comments anyone might have. Tomorrow is FRIDAY! :bigsmile:
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie -- I'm really not off to a good start. Things have been unbelievably stressful at work, and I haven't been sleeping well, so I'm either too tired to work out or I just want to go home and forget about the day. But these can't be my excuses anymore if I want to change my lifestyle.

My boss is one for cheesy quotes, but I liked the one he gave us today: "Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better."

I will get better.

I hope your doing better today..

B.T.W. love your bosses quote!! Been under lots of stress and was feeling a lil lost today but for some reason this made me straighten my back and "buck up" as the saying goes!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Amy u are so thoughtful and have great insight. U have a supporter in me! :smile:

Mrsgstone- I am currently trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I think that is doable and it also motivates me to keep pushing. I still think that any loss is still progress and I'm sure that it will be different each week. Maybe you'll lose 1lb one week and 3lbs another.

Thanks to my allergies the water intake is going well. My nose and throat are so dry that my body is screaming for water :drinker:

Also thanks to my allergies I didn't get my workout in yesterday but I have allowed room to get a good one in today.

Happy losing everyone!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    carolemack - I'm not doing so fantastic this week either...

For those that know me from our other challenges, it is the sister issue (again/still) that makes me self-sabotage. So, instead of eating badly for the 24 hours that I planned on (for Easter), it spilled over into two more days. I haven't done well with my water either or getting enough sleep. More about sleep in a minute... AND I've only exercised one day out of three. Sorry everyone, even though I'm the host, I'm not always perfect at this lifestyle change either. :-( On the positive side, I jumped back into the green numbers yesterday, and have burned over 600 calories for the week (so far). Today I plan to drink my water, end the day with green numbers, exercise, and go to bed earlier.

AmyByExample - I like skinnytaste.com too! One thing that I did make from there, the banana bread, I tried a different recipe last night (from another site, that I modified) that I like better. A little higher calorie/fat but I have found, in my life, that taste really matters to me! I'd rather have less of something, that tastes fantastic, than more of something that tastes okay... Back to the bread, skinnytaste's is good also. :-)

By the way, everyone, I have a super great recipe for a ranch dressing that works out to 10 calories and a miniscule amount of fat per tablespoon. If you're interested in having it, I'll post it here. It is de-lish!

whallvr - If your "eat more to lose more" doesn't work out, I find the Olivia method (here on MFP) really makes sense with what to do about eating our exercise calories. Good luck!

tealighttrees - I really like the quote from your boss too!

Desirai - "I know I've lost a lot but now I'm nearing the end of that journey and about to adventure into the next phase....changing my body... body composition" That is EXACTLY where I'm at too. :-)

mrsgstone - I'm doing the Olivia method.

kvonjohn - I'm sorry about your allergies. :-( Miserable!

long4theocean - I'm cruising in the middle of our challenge also!

Everyone - Thank you for your posts! I really like when our group will share with each other and support one another!

One final thing (for now)... I want to share this about sleep and weight loss...

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleep and the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

On average, we need about 7.5 hours of quality sleep per night, he says. “If you are getting this already, another half hour will not help you lose 10 pounds, but if you are a five-hour sleeper and start to sleep for seven hours a night, you will start dropping weight.”

Exactly how lack of sleep affects our ability to lose weight has a lot to do with our nightly hormones, explains Breus.

The two hormones that are key in this process are ghrelin and leptin. “Ghrelin is the ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat, and when you are sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin,” Breus says. “Leptin is the hormone that tells you to stop eating, and when you are sleep deprived, you have less leptin.”

More ghrelin plus less leptin equals weight gain.

“You are eating more, plus your metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived,” Breus says.

I'm terrible about this but am working on it.

Wishing you green numbers, lots of water, movement, and plenty of restful sleep today. :smile:

P.S. No, I'm not going to bombard you with long posts like this very often!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: myjourney2/Lynn

Current Weight: 260.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 245

04/09: 260.4
    04/16:
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight>>> 255.
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight>>> 250
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>>245
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristen for the sleep info - I really find all of that interesting to take in. I really bombed on Easter too, but I did manage to keep it to one day. The rest of this week I have been trying to get back to my start weight I posted for this challenge. I really don't want to have a gain on my first week. I am trying to eat to my calorie goals or a little higher with exercise. I don't have an HRM, and I keep hearing that MFP's exercise calories are too generous so I eat some, but not all of them.

I have my goal set at 1 pound a week, and when I get closer to my goal I plan on moving it to 1/2 pound a week so that when I get to maintainence it won't be a shock to me. I am hoping that the transition will be easier, and it won't turn into the free for all that has alway followed eating plans in the past. I can hardly believe that I can actually think about getting to my goal weight. It has always seemed like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in the past (ie. A really nice idea that will never happen) But it is happening.

Kristen (again) - I am interested in your Ranch Dressing recipe!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So my official weigh in days for MFP has always been first thing Friday morning (that way I've got all week to work off any potential bad eating I might do on the weekend) and I was wondering if I could just post my new weight on Friday morning for the upcoming Monday morning weigh in or if you would like me to wait and post it on Monday? I'm also currently in Asia so my mornings tend to be a good 12+ hours ahead of everyone else. Haha :)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Sleep....whats that? lol. I agree...we DO need sleep in order for other things to fall into place. I'm sure that is half my problem. Working nights its really hard to get on a sleeping schedule. I sleep on average about 4 hours a day when I work and try hard to sleep all night when I'm not working. It doesn't always work.

I plan on walking early in the morning at the local park and working out later in the day at the gym I have a membership to. I'm trying to stay active on my days off...that is my goal.:wink:

How is everyone doing today?
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    So my official weigh in days for MFP has always been first thing Friday morning (that way I've got all week to work off any potential bad eating I might do on the weekend) and I was wondering if I could just post my new weight on Friday morning for the upcoming Monday morning weigh in or if you would like me to wait and post it on Monday? I'm also currently in Asia so my mornings tend to be a good 12+ hours ahead of everyone else. Haha :)

shadowkitty22 - Friday morning/Thursday night ;-) is fine.

long4theocean - Nice new pic!
  • shadowkitty22
    Options
    Well since my weigh day works for you, here's my first official weigh in. :)

Name/ real name: Shadowkitty22/Emilie

Current Weight: 268.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 243

04/09: 268.8
    04/16: 265.6
    04/23:
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<mini goal weight 258>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<mini goal weight 250>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight 243>>>
  • CrysButcher3
    Options

04/23:
    04/30:
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:

Nice loss!!! Keep up the great work! :wink:
  • shadowkitty22
    Options

04/23:
    04/30:
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:

Thanks! I was honestly rather surprised with the amount of the loss given that I ate candy, cake and ice cream this week. But I guess making sure that I worked out and consumed water like a fish helped.
  • kcthatsme
    Options

Yay for the first loss of our challenge! Way to go!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My weight in are on Friday's:

Name/ real name: Tatyanne/Andreia

SW: 146
    GW: 136

04/06: 146.0
    04/13: 144.2 - > Today is my Birthday, so i'm sooooo proud of this accomplishment :flowerforyou:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • CrysButcher3
    Options

04/23:
    04/30:
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:

Thanks! I was honestly rather surprised with the amount of the loss given that I ate candy, cake and ice cream this week. But I guess making sure that I worked out and consumed water like a fish helped.
    I have always been quoted as saying you WILL lose weight no matter as long as you are staying active/exercising and drinking your water! See!!!! Cake/candy can be eaten...you don't have to give up the things you love in life just to get healthy! I'm so happy for you!!! Keep moving sister! :):)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Hi all,

My weight in are on Friday's:

Name/ real name: Tatyanne/Andreia

SW: 146
    GW: 136

04/06: 146.0
    04/13: 144.2 - > Today is my Birthday, so i'm sooooo proud of this accomplishment :flowerforyou:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne

Happy Birthday!!!! :flowerforyou:
    That is a great start to the challenge! You will reach your goal weight in NO time if you keep up those numbers! Have a wonderful day today and enjoy it! You only have a birthday ONCE a year!!! Congrats on your weight loss this week!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    tatyanne - Happy Birthday!!! I hope it is full of wonderful surprises starting with your scale victory! Have a great day!!